Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-15-2013

Old 07-16-2013, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

GOALS
1. Keep to carb limit yes
2. Drink at least 6 glasses of water--probably should do more!! yes, pretty easy to do in this heat!!
3. 4 servings of fruits/veggies yes
4. Work on some writing
5. Clean kitchen (working on it)

Jenn
Old 07-16-2013, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

Boo! Up a pound today. Even knowing that it is probably nothing but heat bloat from this awful weather and the salty pretzels I chose for a snack yesterday evening I still choose to sulk about it. (stomps feet, kicks the scale, glares).

There. Now that my inner princess got that out it's back to careful food choices and exercise.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna:
yey for trails!

Mern:
LOL at the idea of getting the house out to the campground. I'm all for roughing it, but there's much good to be said about a decent bed/mattress combo at the end of the day...

Epixi:
When I was still lurking in the shadows, your wisecracks were what I looked forward to I each time I opened FitDay - I missed them for the last two weeks. So glad you are back!
Old 07-16-2013, 02:09 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Thanks Robin and Dmartz for the stress relief suggestions. Work is the main source of stress right now. My blood pressure was 165/105. The doctor stated it is not weight related but from stress. After 44 pounds lost, it continues to get higher than ever. He wants me to start BP meds, but I talked him into letting me try to find ways to relieve my stress for a month. If it does not go down, I will have to go on the meds. It runs in my family, too. My mom weighs 98 pounds and takes BP meds for high blood pressure.

Week goals:

1. Research five different ways to relieve stress: Yes Tai chi
Tai chi: A gentle way to fight stress - MayoClinic.com
2. Log in all food intake: Yes
3. Stay under 1,200 calories a day: Yes
4. Walk 5 out of the 7 days this week: Yes
5. Lose 2 pounds: Hopefully
Old 07-16-2013, 02:26 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning!

A few more days of 90 degree plus weather so I did my 1.5 miles early this morning. Hoping to pull hubby out with me tonight as well. Scale is remaining pretty consistent so at least I won't have inactivity weight to take off when all of this is over.

1. Increase walking distance every other day as tolerated working toward 4 mile goal. Yes

2. Eat only nutrient-rich, healthy food. No bakery, soda, deep fried, fast food... nothing. Could have done better but hot weather is limiting food choices a bit.

3. Do something each day that I couldn't do the day before. Yes! (Still wishing that I could put my own socks on though... lol )
Old 07-16-2013, 04:11 AM
FitDay Member

For yesterday:
1.) Be reasonable on calories - M: Not really
2.) Drink water - M: Okay
3.) Exercise -
M: Gym - Done
T: Run 5 miles
W: off (driving to Baltimore)
Th: Run 4 miles
F: maybe Gym, maybe off (depends what friend wants to do)
S: Run 6 miles
Su: off
4.) Finish this paper and send it to collaborators by Friday!!!! - M: Servers were down, not much done

I ate pretty high calorie, and for no apparent reason. I've got this problem that I love going to Barnes and Noble and chilling out, reading a book. The problem is that I worked there for 5 years a while back, and I know the good food to eat in the cafe. It is EXTREMELY difficult for me to divorce the joy of the bookstore from the joy of eating the quiche and the chips and the sweet stuff. Sometimes I succeed, but I've been having trouble recently. In my brain, it's like, yay, let's go the bookstore and chill out and also eat a bunch of crap (which is great news to my brain that wants fatty and carby food.) Anyway, that's what happened yesterday.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:30 AM
FitDay Member

I wasn't sure about my goals this week, so I'm trying on this:
  • Calorie Deficit (Avg) -250/day: -429
  • Vegetables > 3 /day: 2
  • Cholesterol < 200 mg/day: 213
  • Sugar < 40g / day: 31
  • Protein > 50g / day: 84
  • Workout > 150 min/week: 60
Long term goals -
  • 1/2 inch off waist:
  • Complete 'Learning by Giving' course:
Based on an average calorie deficit of 250 cals/day, I should lose a half pound a week. I don't really care about losing weight at this point, but I'd like to rearrange a little bit of my body mass. I've worked my butt off, but my ass wasn't really an area in need of improvement. Not to mentions a couple other areas. Really just hoping to maintain and tone up a bit.

RenewedSoul: Thanks so much for raising the issue of stress in your goals this week. It gave me incentive to review suggestions for dealing with stress, too.

Last edited by dmartz; 07-16-2013 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Forgot to add Monday's stats
Old 07-16-2013, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

My experience with stress seems to be that I can handle it fine while I am in it but when the stress is over I want to reward myself for my self control.
How stupid is that. The suggestions for dealing with stress will be helpful to me. It's a lot more productive to keep moving forward. Let's all have a good day.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:46 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday update:

1. log food every day M=Y, T=Y
2. keep calories between 1400-1600 M=1500, T=1400
3. exercise on my lunch hour at least twice = 1 done
Old 07-16-2013, 10:49 AM
FitDay Member

calories under 1,100: M-903 T-1138
exercise 7k: 1k, 1k,
water 8 glasses:Y, Y,

Boy those calories can sneak up fast. I should have checked them out on fit day before I ate them. I am drinking lots of water today because of the heat.
Try to keep cool today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.