Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-15-2013

Old 07-15-2013, 05:05 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, here I am!

I had a fun time camping this weekend. Although, there's nothing like a couple nights of sleeping on the ground to make you appreciate civilization.

I ran 6 miles yesterday, my current record! I was overall pleased with my performance. Tried out a new trail that will work for longer runs - I think it will be a good addition to my repertoire. I'm super excited because a really good friend of mine will be here the latter half of this week, and I haven't seen her in two years! I'm going to take her to all my favorite haunts, so my calorie deficits my suffer a little bit. Oh well.

Goals:
1.) Be reasonable on calories
2.) Drink water
3.) Exercise -
M: Gym
T: Run 5 miles
W: off (driving to Baltimore)
Th: Run 4 miles
F: maybe Gym, maybe off (depends what friend wants to do)
S: Run 6 miles
Su: off
4.) Finish this paper and send it to collaborators by Friday!!!!

The servers where my work lives are down today, makes it difficult to get work done and I was hoping to be so productive today! I should still be able to get the paper finished, if I can convince my friend to spend some hours at the coffee shop with me. She's a grad student, too, so I'm sure that won't be too difficult to do.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all.

Goals:

1. log food every day
2. keep calories between 1400-1600
3. exercise on my lunch hour at least twice

Ended last week with a 2.5lb loss so the high/low/low trick worked once again in helping me elude the evil boomerang pound.

I have to be extra careful this week as next week is my birthday so I know lemon pie is lurking on the horizon.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:59 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, thanks for fixing my spelling error.

Jenn, wonderful simple goals!

Robin, you are so wise to listen to your body's needs. I did not know that heat generates more discomfort and suffering for MS patients. It's my morbid obesity that causes me to feel like I'm melting in the heat. It makes me sick to my stomach. Wishing you coolness and comfort! Big hug to ya!

Episode, great to see you, too. No need to be embarrassed about not posting for a while. I hadn't posted for months and I was welcomed back with open arms--AS ARE YOU. I have to make myself move, too. Like you, I'd much rather spend my free time on the computer. I'll make myself exercise 5 days this week. How about you?

Claire, chin up--every day is a fresh start. Many of us struggle with committment to a healthy and active lifestyle. Together we can do this.

Joanna, kudos on your exercise and admirable goals! Have a great time with your friend! Best wishes on getting your paper done. I do not envy your sleeping on the ground! I'd like camping if I could put wheels on my house and move it to a campground. Adventurous, aren't I? LOL

Mel-Mc, congrats on your loss. I used to ask my Mom for a lemon meringue pie for my birthday. What day in July is it? I sent you a PM, but you can tell me your birthday here so everyone will know and we can send you good wishes on your special day.

Last edited by Mern; 07-15-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:18 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, thanks for fixing my spelling error.
I can't take credit for it. Another mod fixed it, I'm assuming VabeachgirlNYC fixed it.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Claire, chin up--every day is a fresh start. Many of us struggle with committment to a healty and active lifestyle. Together we can do this.
Thanks! I've been feeling a bit down about it.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:56 AM
FitDay Member

So, last week was totally bust.Not only did I fail to meet any of my goals, I also backslid.
CLAIRE: I hope that you are feeling better today. Last week was not a good week for me either but today is a new start. We can do this.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:05 AM
FitDay Member

calories under 1,100:M-903
exercise 7k: 1k,
water 8 glasses:Y,

Today was the beginning of what should be a good week.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:08 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Mern. Lemon pie has been my birthday cake for many years. My birthday is the 26th and my grandfather's was the 31st so my grandmother always made a pie for us to share halfway between the two dates.

Monday update:

1. log food every day M=Y
2. keep calories between 1400-1600 M=1500
3. exercise on my lunch hour at least twice = none yet

Right now exercise is the last thing on my mind. Its just too hot.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:51 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I am using my cell phone to post, so I will post goals and comments when I am home. I had a four pound weight loss last week but stress at work is over shadowing happiness. I used to eat in response of stress, so I am searcing for other methods. I feel so down and my mind fears weight will quit shedding and go in reverse. I know, crazy thoughts huh.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:16 AM
FitDay Member

My food and water are going well so far today. Verdict not in on the exercise.

VabeachgirlNYC or whoever fixed my typo the title of this thread, thanks.

Claire, Libby, and Mel-Mc, I'm fighting to make myself exercise. I think after I catch up here I'll make myself exercise before I'm allowed back on the computer--but in my air conditioned living room. UGH--I don't want to but I'll do it. I have a wedding to attend Friday--you'd think that would be motivation enough to lose a pound...

Libby, nice Monday report!

Mel-Mc, what a nice story about you and your grandfather sharing the birthday lemon pie. Pretty cool grandma, too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.