Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-15-2013

Old 07-21-2013, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks to those who commented--I'll have a lot of fond memories about that beautiful wedding.

Robin, I bought ingredients for "modified" fat flush water. I went to three stores and none had white grapefruit (although I didn't see a color specified in the recipe) so got red grapefruit. No tangerines here, either, so I just got oranges. And I'm subbing a couple sprigs of spearmint (that I bruised to release some of the oils) for the peppermint. I'm starting the water tomorrow, but made a pitcher today because I read the longer it sets, the more flavorful it becomes.

Mel-Mc, you had a really great week, so you probably did just fine even with not logging yesterday. I've been horribly unfaithful to logging this week. I'm lucky that I prefer unsweetened iced tea. We have spearmint in the garden so I often drink an entire pitcher of that per day in hot weather. My brain gets off track in hot weather--yeah--I'll use THAT as an excuse. ;p

Libby, you had a fabulous week, too, so I'm expecting your scale will be really nice to you next time you hop on. Kudos om both exceeding your walking target and planning on adding more to it next week! Good planning on avoiding having to "readjust" in the restroom at the funeral. I didn't have a choice for the wedding--it was about 6 1/2 hours from the time we left the house to go to the church until the time we got back from the reception. As well as you're doing on your eating and exercise, you may be in for a pleasant surprise shopping for a dress for your niece's August wedding.

Hope, I counted "yes" way more times than "no" in your reports. Give yourself credit for that. You know what to do and how to do it. I'm expecting to see your six pound gain sheds rather quickly.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:49 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Mern, I didn't find tangerines either so I am using clementines. I have no idea how equivalent they are. I don't know how the water is working so far, since I too had ham yesterday and then popcorn at the movies last night!! A little water weighted today. But I am sorta enjoying the taste now.

It was a glorious day today. 25 with a breeze! All days should be so awesome. Hubby and I had a nice walk in the woods to a waterfall.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:54 AM
FitDay Member

calories under 1,100: M-903 T-1138 W-766 T-937 F-2000 S-905 S-677
exercise 7k: 1k, 1k, 2k, 2k, No, 2.5k, 1k
water 8 glasses:Y, Y, Y, Y, Y, Y, Y.
I love this cooler weather. I juiced 5 lemons and have been mixing it into my water. My fingers are crossed for a good loss tomorrow.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:42 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hi All, New Here

Hello everyone:

I'm new here, like the idea of setting goals for the week. I'm actually going to set a small one for the week, which is tracking everything I'm eating.

Best wishes on achieving your goals this week!

Bonnie
Old 07-21-2013, 12:58 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Bonnie and welcome. There will be a new thread starting tomorrow and we will all be posting our goals - join us!

Tracking is an excellent way to start
Old 07-21-2013, 01:11 PM
FitDay Member

Guess I made my goal for the first week if a new one starts tomorrow!
Old 07-21-2013, 01:15 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bac94117
Guess I made my goal for the first week if a new one starts tomorrow!
Old 07-21-2013, 01:25 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, I only now read what you wrote earlier about the green smoothies. Are you content with what you decided about eating your vegs? Reason I am asking is that I periodically drink green smoothies and can help you with the consistency issue if you want.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:32 PM
FitDay Member

Robin: I watched Fat Sick and Nearly Dead today and thought I might try juicing instead of smoothies. I have a juicer that I have never used. All I have to do now is buy the vegies.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:24 PM
FitDay Member

That's a great movie. I don't have a juicer and have never tried juicing. I'm skeptical about how it tastes, let us know

That's a great show. Very inspiring.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.