Old 07-20-2013, 06:11 AM
FitDay Member

• Calorie Deficit (Avg) -250/day: -429, -443, -562, -101, +151
  • Vegetables > 3 /day: 2, 3, 2, 3, 1
  • Cholesterol < 200 mg/day: 213, 205, 186, 112, 93
  • Sugar < 40g / day: 31, 43, 39, 71, 94
  • Protein > 50g / day: 84, 64, 85, 48, 40
  • Workout > 150 min/week: 60, 10, 60, 20, 20
It's the weekend, and as usual I'm up to my bad habits.

Mern, enough about us. Tell us about the bride!

Oh, & did I mention I think one of the greatest inventions of the modern age is laser hair removal!
Old 07-20-2013, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

Robin: I am so happy for you that you are so close to goal weight. We will all be jumping up an down on the big day.

Mern: lol on the shaving and undergarments. Gota keep all the jiggly bits under control Ha Ha

Mellon water sounds yummy.

2.5k walking on the tread mill. Half way to 5k whoo hoo.

Have a great week end.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:33 AM
FitDay Member

My weight is going down slower than I anticipated so I tried changing my goal date to June 1, 2015 and now my data is gone. What can I do?
It's fixed. Thank you.

Last edited by libby116; 07-20-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:05 AM
FitDay Member

Kocial, glad to provide some amusement for you. You wouldn't want to hear me ranting and raving--it ain't pretty. Your ice cream sounds yummy--and so healthful compared to store-bought full-sugar ice cream. I manage my blood sugar without meds, so I can't have the Greek yogurt, raisins, or banana, but I do enjoy frozen melon and berries with a sprinkle of artificial sweetener.

Jenn, last time I went to the doc and wasn't down on the scale as much as I wanted, she was glad to hear I was on my way down from a higher weight. But August 6 is far enough away that you could lose a couple more pounds if you can cut down on the salt from the convenience foods. We all know that water weight comes off more quickly. (Says she who is at this moment cooking green beans with cottage ham.)

RenewedSoul, great Friday report!

Libby, wonderful that you were able to go out to dinner and a movie with DH after the power failure. We're supposed to get a break from our heat wave in Ohio (midwest USA) Monday. It's threatening to rain right now--I hope it comes true! There are 9000 customers in my area without power right now. Luckily we have power and the storm passed us by.

Robin, I read on the Internet that eating the peppermint, grapefruit, tangerine, cucumber, grapefruit are optional. I'll eat the cucumbers and some of the grapefruit and just enjoy the flavor from orange which I'll sub for the tangerine. Did you find tangerine? I went to Kroger today and they didn't have any tangerine and I want white grapefruit, so I'll go to the store Monday morning to start that.

I found these two sources for the fat flush water:

Ultimate 10-Day Plan to Trim Fat for Good | The Dr. Oz Show

Fat Flushing Recipes - Flush Fat with These Five Delicious Drinks

I'll be back after dinner.

Last edited by Mern; 07-20-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:41 AM
FitDay Member

Robin! OMG, you are so close to your goal weight! Kudos on how far you've come from your highest weight.

Libby, kudos on the treadmill. Glad you got your new goal date fixed. I saw your question after you got it fixed. Wishing you a great weekend, too. I can't tell you how happy I was with the jiggly bit control. I honestly would have been mortified without that, especially by my huge belly that hangs down and was well camouflaged by the design and draping of the top of my outfit. But I must also add that all the trouble I had to go through to find something that worked for me was an experience I hope to avoid in the future. I left many dressing rooms empty-handed and count myself lucky to have not felt self-conscious at the wedding and reception. Quite an incentive to get serious about losing weight.

Donna, kudos to you for logging Friday and for doing so well on your cholesterol all week and surpassing your workout goal! Oh, laser hair removal sounds nice. Did you have it done or did you invest in an appliance? One thing I'm happy about, though, is that my mother-in-law's prediction came true--as I got older, my hair growth got lighter so I don't have to shave as often.

Our grandson's bride looked beautiful in her strapless gown that was form fitting to the waist and then flared out from there to the floor. No train on the dress, Very simple, medium length veil. The bridesmaids wore turquoise (same color but different styles of dress) and the groomsmen had black tuxes, white shirts with turquoise vests. Flowers were white, deep pink and light pink. At the reception: the banquet hall had beautiful chandeliers. The round tables (each seating eight guests) had white table lines with turquoise cloth napkins beautifully flowing out from our water glasses. Table centerpieces were the same flowers as in the bride's bouquet, in vases that had two foot tall narrow stems below the stems of the flowers so that the view of guests across the table was unobstructed. The chairs were elegantly covered with white linen; the most gorgeous huge turquoise bows on the back of each chair with ribbons dangling all the way to 1/2 inch above the floor. The food was simple, but delicious, perfectly chilled or piping hot as each food should be. They had gourmet individual cheesecake and parfait desserts in addition to the wedding cake.

Last edited by Mern; 07-20-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:16 AM
FitDay Member

calories under 1,100: M-903 T-1138 W-766 T-937 F-2000 S-905
exercise 7k: 1k, 1k, 2k, 2k, No, 2.5k
water 8 glasses:Y, Y, Y, Y, Y, Y,
It was harder getting all the water in today because I wasn't sweating as much. The housework was much easier to do and it was nice to have the windows open all day. I exceeded my walking target for the week so I am going to raise it to 8k next week. Just one more day till weigh in.
Mern: I had the same problem finding a dress for a funeral. I needed a body shaper and panty hose as well. I made sure to use the bathroom at home so I did't have to go until I got back home. The wedding must have been lovely. My niece is getting married in mid August and I will need a new dress. I am not looking forward to shopping.

Last edited by libby116; 07-20-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:10 PM
FitDay Member

Saturday update:

1. log food every day M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y, F=Y, S=N
2. keep calories between 1400-1600 M=1500, T=1400, W=1685, T=1432, F=1470, S=??
3. exercise on my lunch hour at least twice = 2 done

Nothing got logged today but I don't think I went crazy overboard, except for the iced tea. I lost count of the glasses I drank and liquid calories add up so quickly and always surprise me. The heat wave is supposed to break overnight and maybe my brain will get back on track.

Mern, the wedding sounds just lovely.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:46 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) plan what i'm eating - n n, n, y y, n2) stretch every day -y,y, y, y, y n
3) meditate - y, y, y, y, y, y
4) practice Spanish -y, y, no, si, si no
5) write 25 hours a week -not looking good.... may be wrong goal must adjust goal
6) do not spend too much time online: y, y, no, NO, no YES no time

I gained 6 pounds, gotta get busy...
Old 07-21-2013, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

Mel-Mc I hear you on the iced tea. I like to drink iced tea in the summertime but I turned the bottle around to look at the nutritional content and was shocked to see how many carbs were in a bottle of iced tea--all that sugar probably.
Humidity still a little high today. I've already had 2 glasses of water!

Jenn
Old 07-21-2013, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

When I go to a restaurant I ask for water with lemon. At home I squeeze a lemon into a pitcher of water. It flavours the water enough so that I'm not just drinking plain boring water. Drink up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.