Notices

My Green Smoothie Slim Down :)

Old 07-10-2013, 04:27 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up My Green Smoothie Slim Down :)

HOWDY!!

I am starting this thread because i want to hold myself accountable during this process. Also i would love to hear your imput and successes and failures of your own.

I started a green smoothie challenge/cleanse/slim down on July 5 2013. My starting weight was 173 lbs. Six days into my challenge and I am down to 165.6 lbs!!! Thats 7.4 lbs lost in 6 days WOOT WOOT! Ok now that i got my excitement about my progress out of the way I want to tell you a bit about my new eating habits.

I am drinking 3 + green smoothies a day. I also eat 2-4 boiled eggs a day for protein. Each of my smoothies is varied slightly depending on what i am in the mood for.

My staple veggies are
Kale, swiss chard, spinach, carrots.

My staple fruits include mango, banana, watermelon, apples, grapes, strawberries.

I also add hemp hearts and chia seeds.

If your thinking of trying green smoothies the following can be used to flavour them naturally

Pure vanilla bean extract
Ginger
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Paprika
Cayenne (if you like things spicy cayenne is an added weight loss benefit because its a thermogenic which helps your body to burn calories by creating heat)

I plan on transitioning from this smoothie cleanse into a RAW diet near the end of August. I want to tell you about some of the benefits I am already seeing after 6 days. First off, I am energized. Secondly my skin is looking really good (prone to blackheads and pimples). I was feeling really bloated prior to starting this and now that bloating is gone and my stomach is flattening out. I was really gassy prior to this as well and I haven't had gas in the last week either. My mood is so elevated!! Losing weight makes me happy but my overall mood is just through the roof ) The best part of all of this is that with the smoothies I don't feel hungry and all of those sugar/carb cravings i normally am overcome with are GONE!

I'm feeling great!!

I will be posting here daily updates on my weigh in's and new recipes/experiences etc. That's enough for today as its about time I crawl into bed and get some beauty sleep.

Cheers,

Jennifer
Old 07-11-2013, 04:41 PM
FitDay Member

Good Evening!

Day 7 of the challenge and this morning I had some sort of allergic reaction. I sweetened my morning smoothie with frozen peaches and within 5 minutes of my first sip my skin began burning and my face and neck went beat red and broke out in hives. Now I normally cut/wash/freeze my own fruits so i am wondering if perhaps this store bought frozen peaches was washed in something that i am allergic to. I am going to buy a fresh peach and have some benedryl on hand to test that theory. I have never had a food allergy before so it was pretty odd. Other than starting off on a bit of a rotten foot my day was awesome! Lots of energy, had a bit of down time and cuddled Goliath before heading off for our 4 km at the dog park. Goliath is my 4 month old English Mastiff I wish i could lose weight at the rate he gains it lol he weighed in at 57.2 lbs today! He is very lean and lanky. Okieee Dokiee now i am off topic.

I weighed in at 164.8 this morning which puts me down 8.8 lbs Sorry to the men reading this but I am near getting my period which I think may alter my losses for a few days due to water retention and hormones. BOOO for that. Life goes on. I am just sooo stoked that this weight is melting off.

I do 4 km everyday at the dog park with Goliath but i think i need to get back into the gym. I am going to start back tomorrow. I am going to get back into my weight lifting routine. Starting tomorrow is biceps/triceps. I can expect to be sore for the next week and a half or so while my body readjusts to the weights. I am going to have to amp my carbs in the smoothies a bit to compensate for the extra calories burned. I am getting plenty of protein from the eggs and all the greens.

I hope the weather gets better here soon!! We are having a very rainy summer here in Alberta! Its almost 11:00pm so I am going to sign off and hit the hay.

Good Night all,
Cheers!
Old 07-12-2013, 05:10 PM
FitDay Member

Good Evening!

I am scoop tired this evening so this will be short. I weighed in at 163.8 this morning ) down 10 lbs now!! I felt kinda crumby all day with cramps an I didn't have much of an appetite but that just due to my 'lady issues'...

I didn't make it to the gym afterall today but I did get quite a workout moving some furniture. I'll be glad when I start feeling better in another day or so. That's it for tonight. ***Yawn***

Ps. I would live to hear from any one who is reading my jibberish! Anyone tried these smoothies before? Anyone trying them now and want to share your experience? I tried orange peppers in a smoothie today and was pretty good!

Zzzzz
Old 07-12-2013, 08:27 PM
FitDay Member

Can you post exactly what you eat each day for breakfast lunch and dinner?
My weight loss is so slow that I am willing to do just about any thing to get the weight off faster.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:10 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby116
Can you post exactly what you eat each day for breakfast lunch and dinner?
My weight loss is so slow that I am willing to do just about any thing to get the weight off faster.
Thanks for posting libby116

I sure can post what i am eating.

Today for example I made a jug of green smoothie which i drank up until early afternoon.

4 kale stalks
1 mango
6 strawberries
half a cup of grapes
1 carrot

(all of my fruit i put in is frozen bc it tastes better really cold and gives it a better consistency)

I also had hard boiled eggs around 11:00am. I made another jug of smoothie around 2pm containing the following

3-4 kale stalks
1 orange bell pepper
1 carrot
1/2 cup of alfalfa sprouts
2 celery stalks
2 tbs of chia seeds
handful of strawberries
handful of grapes
1 banana

I finished off that jug of smoothie around 6 pm. Around 7:30pm I had a little snack of 2 hard boiled eggs, alfalfa spouts, fresh dill, fresh ginger. I sliced the eggs up and made them into little sandwiches which were super tasty and healthy

I pretty much drink as much green smoothie as i want in a day. In between I eat hard boiled eggs. My smoothie mixtures are about 50-60% fruit and 40-50% vegetables. I put more fruit in my morning smoothie and more veggies in my afternoon batch.

I weighed in this morning at 162.8 which puts me down 11lbs in 8 days. My boyfriend works away for 2 weeks at a time so I am excited for him to see my progress when he comes home on wednesday night ) I am hoping to be 15lbs lighter than the last time he saw me.

What kind of diet are you currently eating libby116??

I also want to add that I drink a lot of water throughout the day as well. Sometimes ppls weightloss stalls or slows down bc they aren't consuming enough water. So drink drink drink
Old 07-13-2013, 02:50 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Thanks for posting what you are eating. The Green Smoothie title caught my eye. I just started up with FitDay yesterday. Had 1 large green smoothie (1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, big handful of kale leaves, 1/2 frozen banana, 1/2 cup frozen mango, 4 frozen strawberries, a little bit of cold water) throughout the morning, then ate the rest of the day to meet the calorie budget I set up with the FitDay calculator.

After reading your info, I may boost it to 2 smoothies and then some grilled chicken and greens for dinner.

Glad to her that you are having success.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:55 PM
FitDay Member

Hey thanks for posting 712014!

I also just joined fitday. I am finding it to be a great tool for me to unwind at the end of my day and just let out how things are going. I am super happy people are giving it a read as well. Places like this are awesome to connect with people who can exchange helpful tips and positive motivations to each other. I am glad to hear you're trying the smoothies! I have been feeling like a million bucks since i started them. Even this being day 2 of my cycle when i would normally be really bloated, I feel great and am not bloated at all. I have been having such a positive experience thus far and I am actually enjoying and embracing this new way of eating. My boyfriend said today that he wants to try "this smoothie thing" of mine while he is home so he can trim down a bit.

I am not sure if I mentioned but I use a Vitamix for my smoothies which i just got a few weeks ago and absolutely love! I would recommend it for sure but there are other good ones on the market for cheaper. ( I found mine on kijiji for $100.00 so maybe check there).

Oh yes I spent 45 minutes at the gym tonight and it felt good to get back in there!

Whoever you are and wherever you people reading this are, I hope you had a fantastic day and keep on keepin on!!

Yeeee Hawww!

Old 07-14-2013, 04:43 PM
FitDay Member

Another great day!

My weigh in was not substantial this morning but i did lose half a pound.

my morning smoothie contained

pineapple
spinach
mango
hemp hearts
alfalfa sprouts
lemon wedge with peel

After my morning smoothie i took Goliath for our hike at the dog park. When I got home from there I made another smoothie for lunch which contained

3 kale stalks
1 carrot
1 celery stalk
handful of alfalfa sprouts
1 apple
a few grapes
1 banana

I drank half of this jug and then went to the gym for an hour. When i came home from my work out i finished the jug and had 2 hard boiled eggs. I made another jug of smoothie around 5;30 which i finished drinking around 8.

I had a really active day and I am tired tonight but feeling awesome!

Everyone have a great night!
Old 07-17-2013, 03:33 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hey, Romakota!
Glad to hear that all is well in the smoothie department. I'm still sipping on my morning one now. (It takes me forever to drink it all. Tastes fine, just not something that you can consume quickly . . . that's a good thing.). Have been traveling the past few days and have not had any smoothies, but have stayed within my calorie budget with good choices.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:49 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Romakota/Jennifer,

I have tried smoothies before but have a hard time with that type of texture. You might try the motivational thread. We do weekly goals and help give support to on another. Hope to see you there.

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...tml#post101050