Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-8-2013: What have you got to lose? >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-8-2013: What have you got to lose?

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-8-2013: What have you got to lose?

Old 07-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Kocialapcia
My first thought would be to freak out about all that mercury in fish!
Not all fish is loaded with mercury.

Being in Louisiana, I eat my fair share of fish but there is no way I could eat it for a hundred days. About the only thing I could eat for a hundred days would be pb&j sammiches.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:17 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Mern! Hope you are having a great time with your family.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

(Note: The prior advertisement may have been removed by the time you read this.)

I can help people lose weight without spending a dime! 100% FREE!

Anyone ready to take this weight loss challenge?

It's SIMPLE, but not EASY.

Just log what you eat and burn more calories through exercise.

(Spelling corrected from version shown in the above solicitation.)

Last edited by dmartz; 07-11-2013 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Log what you drink, too!
Old 07-11-2013, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

• Lose 1/2 inch from waist: (pending)
  • Sugar < 40g / day: 28, 32, 83
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 3, 4, 0
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 64, 155, 175
  • Calorie deficit every day: -1065, -505, -352
  • Workout > 150 mins/wk: 65, 15, 60
Ran out of low sugar cereal, so I went back to the Raisin Bran, and 20 grams in the morning sets me up for sugar cravings all day.
Got no excuse for not eating my vegetables, though...

- Donna
Old 07-11-2013, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all, I am back from my holiday. The weather was wonderful so I did a lot of walking. I tried to keep a record of all I ate and drank but I don't know how accurate the calorie counts were. Any ways I weighed in at 178.4 this morning so that is .6 of a pound loss. I was aiming for 2 pounds but at least I lost some thing. Congrats to all who lost this week.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning!

Another great day yesterday with many small, but new, accomplishments. Failed on my walking goal as company arrived just before I was going to head out the door, but that's fine... I'll just walk twice today.

My appetite has finally returned, so I'll have to add another goal- to be mindful of my calories going in knowing that I'm still pretty darn inactive compared to my normal lifestyle. So far, my weight has been up and down through this, but has settled exactly where I started pre-op. Don't want to add sympathy weight at this point.

Good report from second doctor on the leg. Apparently there are two main nerves for leg function- one which controls strength and one which controls sensory function. My nerve damage is only the one involving sensory function, so although it is SO aggravating for me to have so much numbness (...my leg feels like it was shot full of Novocaine) my strength will and is returning rapidly. No therapy or exercises in particular will help. Just told to stay as active as possible and nerve should spark and function with stimulation and time. It's just SOOOOOOO annoying!!!!!!! Neither doctor seems alarmed or overly concerned so I guess I just keep working it and pray for the best outcome.

Posting goals and then it's out the door for my first solo walk. Taking my cell because the post-op anemia still kicks my but on occasion. (I was on the borderline of needing a blood transfusion during surgery, but doctor opted not to at the last minute, so I'm slowly building my supply up slowly and naturally. Also on today's "To-Do List", is to start researching my fall backpacking trip. Going to try something a little different and adventurous... stay tuned!

quinn

1. Add at least 2 blocks per day until I regain my 4 mile routine. Yes, Yes-tons of walking, No- company, but I enjoyed every minute of it. Will get 2 walks in today.
2. Continue to eat nothing but healthy, nutrient-rich food. Yes, No, celebrated with a huge lunch, but it was worth it. Have to start watching this goal more closely.
3. Resist the urge to over-do. Yes, Yes, Yes- Doctor told me what would happen if I did, and it wasn't pretty...
4. Work on strengthening weak leg; do something each day that I couldn't do the day before. Yes, Yes- great progress! Having a friend of mine (a doctor) re-evaluate the nerve damage today. Great report from second doctor and progress is very good.
5. STAY POSITIVE!!! Don't let negative thoughts (or people) derail my recovery. Yes, Yes, Yes- lots of encouraging people surrounding me... I'm really lucky to have them.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:24 AM
FitDay Member

Glad to hear that things are coming along for you Quinn!

Thankfully rain has stopped for a few days so I am off to cut the LONG grass. My sister loved cutting the grass and could do the whole thing if Dad let her but I find it a chore. The only good thing is it's exercise!

Jenn
Old 07-11-2013, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

For yesterday:
1.) Be pleased with my calories - M: I should be pleased because it wasn't bad at all, but I'm annoyed I couldn't do better, T: Y, W: Y, but fixing low blood sugars was annoying
2.) Drink 64 oz water/day - M: N, T: N, W: N
3.) Exercise:
M: Gym - Done
T: Run 4 miles - Done
W: Gym - Done
Th: Run 4 miles
F: off
S: off
Su: Run 6 miles
4.) Make a lot of headway on this paper - M: meh, T: Better, M: zero things accomplished

I'm struggling with my work and my water. It's a busy week, though, outside of work so... I guess it happens.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:59 AM
FitDay Member

calories: M -1135 T-1147 W-789 T-
water: Y, Y, Y,
exercise: lots of walking outside

Today is going well. I really missed you guys and am glad to be back. It took me a while to get caught up. Progress is being made. Good job every one.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

25 mins cutting grass--plus walking around grocery store pushing the cart.
Will probably get all my water in today as I've already had 2 glasses (cutting the grass makes me thirsty!!)

Jenn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.