Hi all, I am back from my holiday. The weather was wonderful so I did a lot of walking. I tried to keep a record of all I ate and drank but I don't know how accurate the calorie counts were. Any ways I weighed in at 178.4 this morning so that is .6 of a pound loss. I was aiming for 2 pounds but at least I lost some thing. Congrats to all who lost this week.
HW195 Jan /2013
173 Jan 1, 2014
Another great day yesterday with many small, but new, accomplishments. Failed on my walking goal as company arrived just before I was going to head out the door, but that's fine... I'll just walk twice today.
My appetite has finally returned, so I'll have to add another goal- to be mindful of my calories going in knowing that I'm still pretty darn inactive compared to my normal lifestyle. So far, my weight has been up and down through this, but has settled exactly where I started pre-op. Don't want to add sympathy weight at this point.
Good report from second doctor on the leg. Apparently there are two main nerves for leg function- one which controls strength and one which controls sensory function. My nerve damage is only the one involving sensory function, so although it is SO aggravating for me to have so much numbness (...my leg feels like it was shot full of Novocaine) my strength will and is returning rapidly. No therapy or exercises in particular will help. Just told to stay as active as possible and nerve should spark and function with stimulation and time. It's just SOOOOOOO annoying!!!!!!! Neither doctor seems alarmed or overly concerned so I guess I just keep working it and pray for the best outcome.
Posting goals and then it's out the door for my first solo walk. Taking my cell because the post-op anemia still kicks my but on occasion. (I was on the borderline of needing a blood transfusion during surgery, but doctor opted not to at the last minute, so I'm slowly building my supply up slowly and naturally. Also on today's "To-Do List", is to start researching my fall backpacking trip. Going to try something a little different and adventurous... stay tuned!
1. Add at least 2 blocks per day until I regain my 4 mile routine. Yes, Yes-tons of walking, No- company, but I enjoyed every minute of it. Will get 2 walks in today.
2. Continue to eat nothing but healthy, nutrient-rich food. Yes, No, celebrated with a huge lunch, but it was worth it. Have to start watching this goal more closely.
3. Resist the urge to over-do. Yes, Yes, Yes- Doctor told me what would happen if I did, and it wasn't pretty...
4. Work on strengthening weak leg; do something each day that I couldn't do the day before. Yes, Yes- great progress! Having a friend of mine (a doctor) re-evaluate the nerve damage today. Great report from second doctor and progress is very good.
5. STAY POSITIVE!!! Don't let negative thoughts (or people) derail my recovery. Yes, Yes, Yes- lots of encouraging people surrounding me... I'm really lucky to have them.
Reached 30 lb. Weight Loss Goal April, 2010
Fighting The Battle to Maintain
Glad to hear that things are coming along for you Quinn!
Thankfully rain has stopped for a few days so I am off to cut the LONG grass. My sister loved cutting the grass and could do the whole thing if Dad let her but I find it a chore. The only good thing is it's exercise!
1.) Be pleased with my calories - M: I should be pleased because it wasn't bad at all, but I'm annoyed I couldn't do better, T: Y, W: Y, but fixing low blood sugars was annoying
2.) Drink 64 oz water/day - M: N, T: N, W: N
M: Gym - Done
T: Run 4 miles - Done
W: Gym - Done
Th: Run 4 miles
Su: Run 6 miles
4.) Make a lot of headway on this paper - M: meh, T: Better, M: zero things accomplished
I'm struggling with my work and my water. It's a busy week, though, outside of work so... I guess it happens.