Just got back from GB and had a perfect report from my surgeon, so I'm pretty happy today. He also has cleared me for my backpacking trip this fall! Woohoo!!! Now, I just have to regain my strength and mobility, day by day, and I should be back on track. No driving or lifting for 4 more weeks though, but I can't complain.
Did some walking in a big mall yesterday and had lunch at a little, out of the way Packer hide-out tucked out of town. Feels great to be getting back to normal!
1. Add at least 2 blocks per day until I regain my 4 mile routine. Yes, Yes-tons of walking
2. Continue to eat nothing but healthy, nutrient-rich food. Yes, No, celebrated with a huge lunch, but it was worth it.
3. Resist the urge to over-do. Yes, Yes
4. Work on strengthening weak leg; do something each day that I couldn't do the day before. Yes, Yes- great progress! Having a friend of mine (a doctor) re-evaluate the nerve damage today.
5. STAY POSITIVE!!! Don't let negative thoughts (or people) derail my recovery. Yes, Yes
Reached 30 lb. Weight Loss Goal April, 2010
Fighting The Battle to Maintain
I'm still on the wagon and on track except that I haven't exercised yet today.
I've been busy with family the past three days and haven't had time to read our group thread.
Kudos to those of you who are doing well and big cyberhugs of support to those of you who are struggling.
Age 68, 5 feet tall
Highest weight ever in the fall of 2010 246 lbs.
FitDay starting weight 1/17/2011 240 lbs.
Weight 6/25/2014 233 that obviously included a lot of water retention
Weight9/5/2013 226 with an eye on "Onederland"
Got up and walked 3 miles today ~ then I found out that work was cancelled because of the rain.
Sticking to my goal of eating resistant carbs and protein. Tomorrow I should be working and if so, I have to pick up my truck at 6:45. That said, I'll have to get up at 3:30 to walk so I can leave the house by 5:45. Gonna be a long day but, I CAN DO IT!!!
Question for you all.....100 days of fish...what are your thoughts?
todays calories: 1525
Last edited by Weenap06; 07-10-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Reason: added caloric intake