Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-1-2013

Old 07-06-2013, 10:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Donna, way to go on your cholesterol all week!
Thanks, probably around the time you were writing that I was blowing past my cholesterol limit for the day, with cheese, & apple. I forgot just how much chol. is in cheese, and thought the protein would make a good after workout meal. Oh well, dinner (BBQ beef) will make it even worse.

How do you track your sugar intake?
Um ... I really shouldn't say. I'm not afraid of Mike's hammer so much as the grandparent of Fitday (H&F) is notorious for filing lawsuits. [They've been known to file suit against the users of the forums on their other web sites, (alledgedly Slapp suits), they've sued their (ex-)developers, and well, I'm not much of one for litigation.] Let's just say that I really like using the forums on Fitday. I think they have a good site.

Since the time that I was informed that Fitday had no plans to add sugar to their logging application and database (April?), I cancelled my premium membership and use another method for tracking my food and activities.

But I really appreciate the other members of this forum, and continue to generate user content on this site. If IB were to add sugar tracking to their food journal app, I would return as a premium member, because Fitday does have some advantages over other options. Tracking sugar just isn't one of them, and that is very important to me as a user.

I gotta beef up my exercise. I could easily add some jumping jacks or marching in place several times a day for just a couple minutes at a time to help keep my metabolism up.
Yeah! Don't we all!

- Donna
Old 07-06-2013, 11:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default :)

Ive reached my weight loss goals, so now

Goals:

Maintain actual weight on the scale.
Build Muscle and burn excess fat.
Tone up.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:36 AM
FitDay Member

Nice to see you all here on the weekend! Some weekends it has been pretty lonely. Yes Renewed Soul use that in your signature if you want, I don't know who came up with it

Mern I am so jealous about your fridge. It just sounds fun somehow.

Re the scooters, Quinn, that sounds like a blast. I don't know that I have seen them at the stores, they must be there?! I know they sell them at the homecare centre for, um, I think over 3000 dollars! My hubby wished for one when he got his wheelchair! He talked about installing a motor........he would have loved that.

Goals

#1: Log once a day only (at night). M-N, T-Y, W-Y. Th-Y. F-Y, S-Y

#2: Weigh myself only once per week. M-Y, T-Y, W-Y, Th-Y (still no battery lol), F-Y (battery bought but not installed), S-Ditto

#3: 3 workouts this week (exclude walking challenge), M-N, T-Lap Swim, W-weights at the gym and "yoga in the Garden", Th-Lap swim, F-N, S-N DONE

Personal goals:

1. Reduce computer time, M-Y, T-Y, W-Y, Th-Y, F-Y, S-Y
2. Start cleaning up the house, >1 bag per day. M-Y, T-Y, W-Y. Th- 6 Bags (4 donation, 2 garbage, mostly Large clothes). F-Y, S-Y LOTS MORE TO DO
3. Read more, M-Y, T-yes, W-N, Th-Y, F-Y, S-I will

Walking challenge: 10 miles by Sunday. M-3m, T-2m. W-1m, Th-1m, F-2m, S-1.5m DONE

This morning I had a chance to do the trail around the lake. I am somewhat scared of bears but managed to enjoy myself it is 1.5 miles around. It was breezy and shaded by big pine trees. One of the last times I was there it was for a zombie run in Nov and it was a lot of fun. And scary lol.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kwest85blue

Goals:

Tone up.

Great going! Yeah! Share your secrets
Old 07-06-2013, 11:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
So, after dinner, he said jokingly, "You should just ride around on one of those Rascal Scooter things!" And that's just what I did! lol I had so much fun! OMG! I was beeping my horn and terrorizing the whole store. I don't think I 've ever laughed so hard in all my life! We ripped the list in half and had a race. Final tally: I had 36 items to his 4.
Congrats on your win! Maybe the "stay to the right" guy who was kart shy was like my hunny. We were in the store as a woman in an out-of-control mo-cart ran right into his shins, doing about 20! She apologized profusely, and then rammed him again! (He somehow managed to stay on his feet throughout.) Those grocery stores can be a dangerous place!

Having said that, I volunteer to work the flag at the finish line!!

- Donna
Old 07-06-2013, 12:30 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dmartz
Congrats on your win! Maybe the "stay to the right" guy who was kart shy was like my hunny. We were in the store as a woman in an out-of-control mo-cart ran right into his shins, doing about 20! She apologized profusely, and then rammed him again! (He somehow managed to stay on his feet throughout.) Those grocery stores can be a dangerous place!

Having said that, I volunteer to work the flag at the finish line!!

- Donna
You know, I've been really athletic my whole life so this has really been a learning experience for me. I've learned two things in particular... first, all nurses, as part of their training, should have to be required to stay in bed for a minimum of 24 hours and be 100% at the mercy of their caregivers just to see how awful it is... especially when they put the call button 4' out of your reach. And secondly, everyone should spend 24 hours in a wheelchair to experience what it's like. I first had to use a wheelchair after an accident on my honeymoon (don't ask... ) for 2 weeks. Even though the injury was to my legs, I was treated as though I had a brain injury. Especially waitstaff would ask my husband, "What would she like to eat today?" as if I couldn't speak or hear. It's quite eye-opening! The Rascals are a hoot though... I always wanted to try one out- I finally had an excuse!
Old 07-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
You know, I've been really athletic my whole life so this has really been a learning experience for me. I've learned two things in particular... first, all nurses, as part of their training, should have to be required to stay in bed for a minimum of 24 hours and be 100% at the mercy of their caregivers just to see how awful it is... especially when they put the call button 4' out of your reach. And secondly, everyone should spend 24 hours in a wheelchair to experience what it's like. I first had to use a wheelchair after an accident on my honeymoon (don't ask... ) for 2 weeks. Even though the injury was to my legs, I was treated as though I had a brain injury. Especially waitstaff would ask my husband, "What would she like to eat today?" as if I couldn't speak or hear. It's quite eye-opening! The Rascals are a hoot though... I always wanted to try one out- I finally had an excuse!
My buddy is still in a wheelchair and may remain paralyzed for the rest of his life. It's very difficult and it gives you a new appreciation for just being able to move around and go about your business. I spent the entire day with him recently. I had to get him in and out the truck several times, wheel him around. By the time the day was up, I was EXHAUSTED. I can only imagine how hard it is for him and his wife.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:14 PM
FitDay Member

Saturday Update

Goals:

1. log food every day M-yes T - yes W - yes Th - yes F-yes S-Yes
2. keep calories between 1400-1600 M-1530 T-1480 W - 1750 Th - 1612 F-1730 S - 1200
3. exercise on my lunch hour at least twice 1 done

Calories too low today but it's too hot to eat.

Originally Posted by Robingen
Did you ever consider doing a "rolling average" for your cals? Just a thought that it is a goal that might work better for you.
Good idea, but I use the daily target as part of my "Good Habits Game." I love books but I won't let myself buy one unless I earn enough points through doing a list of good habits I want to get into doing. Drinking my water, exercising, logging my food, etc. all help me get that next book.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:24 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kwest85blue

Goals:

Tone up.
Congratulations Kwest! Here's to toning!
Old 07-06-2013, 02:45 PM
FitDay Member

Kwest85blue, congrats on reaching your goal weight! Best wishes on the maintaining and toning and stuff.

Donna, your comments on the grocery store race made me LOL. I'll be on the sidelines cheering them on--hope you don't get run over flagging them in! I can go higher cholesterol than you, but the sat fat in cheese gets me. As Cassie reminded me, it's all about averages. You'll be able to balance out the effects of the cheese and BBQ beef tomorrow or the next day. I just have the basic membership of FitDay, too. I'm glad you found some way to track your sugar.

Robin, you're right--usually there are very few weekend warriors here. Thanks for sharing in my happiness about the new fridge. I can't wait until Monday. We had an outside kitchen wall and the ceiling redone last year for added insulation and had it repainted, so with the new fridge it'll look like a new kitchen. I live in the midwest in the USA and scooters are available at all the big grocery stores, grocery warehouses and Walmart for free use by customers. Your still hanging on to that battery cracks me up. You gonna stick it in the scale to weigh yourself Monday morning and then take it back out again for another week? LOL Kudos on your workouts this week--and on the cleaning. The bears would have kept me from the trail. I've only seen bears in movies/TV and at the zoo, but I think I'm probably more afraid of snakes.

Mike, is your buddy in a wheelchair the policeman who was shot? My cousin was a paraplegic from an accident when we were both 17. He weighed over 300 lbs. and his parents took care of him until his dad died and his mom came down with Alzheimer's. Then he spent the rest of his years in a nursing home.

Mel-Mc great idea on your point system to earn books. Our temp here is so nice and breezy and cool. Wish I could share that with you.

Last edited by Mern; 07-06-2013 at 02:53 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.