Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-1-2013

Old 07-05-2013, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

Oops! The distance you mentioned still sounds impressive!
Old 07-05-2013, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

I should have known better, I really should have. I KNOW to never utter the words "what else could possibly go wrong". But I did. And of COURSE something else went wrong.

Lets do a quick recap...AC went out Monday, Tuesday was power at work, Wednesday not so bad. And then Thursday.....work went well. I got to leave early to enjoy the festivities. Thursday morning I noticed the water pressure was WAY down at home. I told BF to call the landlord (again) and see if he could come out to check the air, and while he was there to check the water. We had the same issue a few weeks ago. I got home from work around 2 and BF hasn't been able to call because it had rained all. f'ing. day. He has zero phone service when it rains. So he used my phone and called. Finally got ahold of landlord and told him the issues. By this point we have NO water. Landlord makes it to the house around 4. Checks the air and gets it going. Tells us the pump on the well needs replacing and it will be today (Friday) before he can get the parts. So yeah. No water. Still. I took a "bath" by bottled water this morning.

Yeah. Never again will I utter those words...

Food went well yesterday. I didn't over do it. Haven't been able to finish laundry for the obvious reasons. And not sure about weight.

Oh, and the dog ran off because of the fireworks. I'm hoping he's home when I get there this evening...
Old 07-05-2013, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

Tori,
You have all of the makings for a great country song!! Right down to the part where the dog even leaves! LOL Seriously though, I hope things start to get better... hang tough... the weekend is almost here!
Old 07-05-2013, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, You have no clue how close you are to the "country song". We live in a single wide, we're slightly redneck, we let our dog roam freely, and we have an immobile car in the driveway.

You're right though, just a few more hours of work and I'm off for two days. Thank God!!!

BF just texted me to let me know that Boss finally came home. So that's a step in the right direction
Old 07-05-2013, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Quinn, You have no clue how close you are to the "country song". We live in a single wide, we're slightly redneck, we let our dog roam freely, and we have an immobile car in the driveway.

You're right though, just a few more hours of work and I'm off for two days. Thank God!!!

BF just texted me to let me know that Boss finally came home. So that's a step in the right direction
Play the Dory video... it always makes me laugh!
Old 07-05-2013, 05:10 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for this week.
1. Continue to log calories consumed/burned (though sometimes approximates are better for me, doesn't help to get obsessive). That being said... [y, y, y, y, ?]
2. Try not to obsess too much. [eh]
3. Swim 500 yards (10 laps, any stroke) at least once. [y]
4. Swim at least an additional 250 yards at least twice. [not yet, sadly]

Additional note, I managed to stay on track as far as raw calories yesterday, and I did a lot more walking at work than I usually do. Yay
Old 07-05-2013, 06:20 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there! I'd like to tell you that my day was great.Well, it's evening here since I'm living in Turkey. I didn't have anything out of my diet list, drank about 3L (100 oz) water, and had my cups of green teas in between the meals. For a few times, the thoughts of eating nutella and cookies visited my mind in the day) I didn't let them stay in my mind though)I wish I could have more exercise today. I could only walk about 3.2 km (2 miles) on the treadmill. I hope that I'll be able to walk more tomorrow. My dashboard on fitday tells me that I have 160 cal budget now but I think I'm gonna close the day here and not gonna eat anything after now since it's 9:18 pm here.Hope you'll be able to reach your goals for the dayTake care!
Old 07-05-2013, 07:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
California... Oops, wrong thread. I thought I was in the word association thread.
Note I left off 'flakes' ... but now I think it's apt.

- D.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:35 AM
FitDay Member

• Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 828, 2041, 1414, 2003
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 43, 184, 200, 97
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 2, 3, 3, 3
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 17, 78, 80, 43
  • Sugar < 50 g / day: 86, 79, 59, 88
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 15, 20, 40, 0
This week may give me Calorie Whiplash!
Old 07-05-2013, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, my husband often jokes about San Francisco. That's why I caught your fruit/nut reference. I think Quinn is faking innocence.
Did you see my pics from when we went to San Francisco? Here are some of them http://s266.photobucket.com/user/01g...?sort=3&page=1

Originally Posted by Kocialapcia
Mike: How's the back doing now?
I forgot to mention, it's feeling much better. The reason why I mentioned the bike is b/c riding on my sportbike (motorcycle) puts my body in an odd position. The foot pegs are kinda high and a little back, the handle bars are very low and between the two is a big gas tank to hunch over. This positions is VERY good for my back as it requires me to stretch my back. I've had a lower back injury (bulging discs, L5&S1). The stretches that they recommend are very similar to my riding position.

Originally Posted by quinnesec
... and a ton of assistance from my crock pot
If you even figure out how bake cookies or cake in that crock pot, keep me in mind!

Originally Posted by ToriD1012

Poor Boss Man, you need to ship him of to his uncle!

Originally Posted by ClaireS89
Goals for this week.
1. Continue to log calories consumed/burned (though sometimes approximates are better for me, doesn't help to get obsessive). That being said... [y, y, y, y, ?]
2. Try not to obsess too much. [eh]
3. Swim 500 yards (10 laps, any stroke) at least once. [y]
4. Swim at least an additional 250 yards at least twice. [not yet, sadly]

Additional note, I managed to stay on track as far as raw calories yesterday, and I did a lot more walking at work than I usually do. Yay
Awesome job so far! Keep it up!!

Originally Posted by aysehoca
Hi there! I'd like to tell you that my day was great.Well, it's evening here since I'm living in Turkey. I didn't have anything out of my diet list, drank about 3L (100 oz) water, and had my cups of green teas in between the meals. For a few times, the thoughts of eating nutella and cookies visited my mind in the day) I didn't let them stay in my mind though)I wish I could have more exercise today. I could only walk about 3.2 km (2 miles) on the treadmill. I hope that I'll be able to walk more tomorrow. My dashboard on fitday tells me that I have 160 cal budget now but I think I'm gonna close the day here and not gonna eat anything after now since it's 9:18 pm here.Hope you'll be able to reach your goals for the dayTake care!
Awesome work. You can't go wrong with 3's. Next week I'll do my goals of 3's again.

Originally Posted by dmartz
Note I left off 'flakes' ... but now I think it's apt.

- D.
haha

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 07-05-2013 at 08:33 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.