Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-1-2013

Old 07-04-2013, 06:07 AM
FitDay Member

For yesterday:
1.) Be okay with number of calories I eat (and I'll be honest about it!) - M: mm, I could have done better, but I also avoided cheesecake, so my blood sugar thanked me for that, T: Yes, W: I'm giving this one a no.
2.) Drink 64 oz. water/day - M: Y, T: I think I failed, W: Y
3.) Exercise
M: Gym - Done
T: Run 4 miles - Done, even though I thought I was going to die
W: Gym - Sort of... I went, but only stayed for like 10 minutes because my blood sugar was weird and I didn't feel like doing it... not my best moment but I suppose not my worst
Th: Run 3 miles
F: Gym
S: off
Su: Run 4 miles

Yesterday was kind of a flop on all levels. Oh well. Today I've been watching Wimbledon, and I'm going to head to Starbucks to see if I can get some work done.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:17 AM
FitDay Member

Just a quick check-in while I enjoy taking my prescribed afternoon siesta... Everything continues to go well. Went out for lunch with hubby today and then picked up a few things at the grocery store. Felt so good to be back in the public again. A minor snafu yesterday when I didn't hear my daughter come home and walked into the kitchen in my underwear and a t-shirt to find she and her best friend (a guy) standing there as well! Oh well... it could have been worse. Believe me, after last weeks hospitalization there isn't a whole heck of a lot that can embarrass me any more!! lol

Cut my walk a little short last night as I was feeling some nerve-type pain down one leg... may have just been sympathy pain for Mike's back injury... Going to try breaking the walk into 2 shorter walks today and see how that goes.

Hpoe everyone has a wonderful holiday! Be safe.

quinn
Old 07-04-2013, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quinniepoo, you were having sympathy pains for me? Sciatic pain is a mofo. Take it easy and rest up.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:07 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, kudos on the 255 lbs. 3 times! Oh, dear! I hope your back will be OK tomorrow. Nice Wednesday report. Keeping my fingers crossed for you to go on that long bike ride. A friend of ours burned his hand really badly a few years ago lighting a whole handful of sparklers. Really painful and slow healing.

Libby, way to go on resisting the ice cream and cookies!

Ian, don't sell yourself short. You're still burning a lot of calories with your exercise! Great job on your veggies Wednesday!

Gotta go start dinner: salmon patties, Dreamfields' low digestible spaghetti with low carb marinara, and fresh green beans from our garden. And with cabbage from the garden I always have on hand some low carb sweet and sour slaw.

Will be back to catch up later.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:36 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy

Hey there! I'm new to this website.I don't have much to lose, 4 kg only (that makes about 9 pounds).I'm hoping that this website will help me keep my motivation on. Until about 4hrs ago, I wasn't feeling very well at all. I had been on diet for 3 weeks and in my last week, I had been carving for the food that is rich in carbohydrate. Yesterday and today, I ate sooooooo much cookies,cakes, all kinds of food w/ too many caloriesI had alcohol too. I was feeling so disappointed in myself as you can imagine.I was checking the ketogenic diet on the internet, and I came up w/ this website.Logging in the diet that I wanna have for the next week and reading the stories made me wanna be on diet again.So, I'm forgiving myself for the last 2 days and starting my diet again tomorrow.

The diet that I'm having was given by a dietician last year. I went to see this dietician for 4 months in the last summer and spent all my summer w/ diet listsI lost about 8 kg and was feeling really well and beautiful at the end. However, the winter and spring didn't go that well as I couldn't stay on track I had PhD exams that were really stressful and just made me eat more and more w/ no exercise. I noticed that I had emotional eating issues.I think I still have that although I am officially on vacation now.

I get obsessed w/ food. Yeah, I said it! wohooo!I think this is my major problem on dieting.

I'm moving into Istanbul (in Turkey) and starting to work at a new school there.I am a teacher.When I start working at this new school, I wanna be w/o my excess fat)So, my goal is losing 4 kg in 5 weeks. I'm starting to keep a journal tomorrow. Hope it'll help me be motivated.

Thank you for your support too.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:12 AM
FitDay Member

bojibridge, i wanna say good job, especially to the part where you avoided the cheesecake)
Old 07-04-2013, 09:33 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday Update

Goals:

1. log food every day M-yes T - yes W - yes Th - yes
2. keep calories between 1400-1600 M-1530 T-1480 W - 1750 Th - 1775
3. exercise on my lunch hour at least twice 1 done

Calories didn't end up going over by as much yesterday as I thought they would. I managed to talk myself out of my regular evening snack to counter-balance the ice cream cake. Going over today was silliness on my part. I never realized corn has so many calories . Note to self: look up calories before eating.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Quinniepoo, you were having sympathy pains for me? Sciatic pain is a mofo. Take it easy and rest up.
Ok... I just spent the last 5 minutes trying to figure out what "mofo" meant...

Ohhhhh!!! ...and yes, IT IS!!! LOL
Old 07-04-2013, 10:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Ok... I just spent the last 5 minutes trying to figure out what "mofo" meant...

Ohhhhh!!! ...and yes, IT IS!!! LOL
Does little Mikey need his mouth washed out with soap? My first and middle initials are MF. I guess my parents weren't thinking. LOL

Ian, LOL on Noah and the misquitos.

Wowgirl. Great Wednesday report! Kudos on being accepted into the Air Force. Doesn't that mean you're considered fit? Sorry about your knee injury. I hope the physical therapy gets in back in shape quickly. I just know you're going to make this all work and sometime really soon you're going to be proud of how fit you are in your own eyes.

dmartz--Donna? Your reports so far this week are awesome!

Mike, you always make me chuckle. Fruit, nuts--word association. LOL

Libby, your daily reports continue to be really great. There are many of us here who will hold you in our prayers. So glad you got a good night's sleep.

Tori, so sorry about your energy problems and DH's overwork at his job. I spent a good part of yesterday catching up on housework and hated every minute of it. I hope the rain stops so you can grill something out and enjoy what's left of the 4th. It has rained here all day until about 1/2 an hour ago. It's a shame so many picnics were ruined today, but I do have to admit I loved the 72 degrees and the new grass we planted recently will benefit greatly from the rain and cool temperature.

Jennifer, that one pound could just be a scale fluctuation. Does sound like a big job for you and your Mom to maintain a big home. I hope you get the apartment with the pool and fitness room.

Joanna, I know I don't need to tell you, because you KNOW as long as you tried well on the exercise or whatever other goals you have, you should give yourself credit and just look to the new day tomorrow. Hard to exercise when blood sugar is out of whack. Wishing you a yummy and productive Starbucks.

Oh, Lordy, Quinn! I burst out laughing when I read about your appearance in your underwear in front of DD's BF. After my little sister's surgery several years ago she said there's nothing in the world that could embarrass her anymore. I hope your leg is feeling better today. Good idea to break up the walks into two sessions.

aysehoca, welcome to our group. That's wonderful that you have only 4kg/9lbs. to lose. I'm not one for preaching, but try to think of your new way of eating as a lifestyle change rather than a diet, so you won't fall back into your old ways that put you slightly overweight. I just returned here after a four month binge of emotional eating and regained almost all the weight I had lost. I have a lonnnnnnnng way to go to get to a healthful weight. How did your PhD exams go? Best wishes on your move to Istanbul! I hope you will stay with our group after your move.

Mel-Mc I like how you made an effort to counter-balance. 1750 and 1775 aren't all that bad with a range of 1400-1600. Those "controlled cheats" add up to success in the longrun. I doubt anyone here can say he/she never ate before looking up the calories, carbs, fat, or whatever we need to keep tabs on. Sometimes it's a real shocker. I also get a good shock when I go over on a target simply because of forgetting to log something I ate earlier in the day--or logged a wrong serving size. UGH! But it's all about averages as our member Cassie reminded me a couple times. As long as we're on track most of the time, we will reap the rewards.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:40 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, I guess I should be embarrassed. I KNEW what mofo meant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.