Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-1-2013

Old 07-03-2013, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Today was good and bad for me at the gym. I was able to get on a bench with a barbell. Did a workup set (bench press) of 185#. Put on 255# and got it 3 times. Later in my workout I was doing deadlifts and did more that I should have, I know it, I'm hard headed and hurt my back. So I cut my workout short. For those that don't know, I had a back injury about 2 years ago. As of right now, it's not bothering me, but tomorrow will tell me what's up. I hope that if I take it easy on my back, it clears up because I'm not in the mood for any epidurals right now. If it's still bothering me I'll be pulling the bike out the garage and go for a long (couple hundred miles) ride soon.

1) 3 liters of water/day yes, yes, yes
2) Gym x 3 yes, off, yes
3) Bench Press 255# x 3 no, off, yes

Everyone be careful tomorrow, especially if mixing alcohol and explosives. I would post up a pic of the remains of a guys hand from last year when a sparkler bomb went off in his hand but don't want to freak anyone out. Trust me, it looks painful so be careful and don't do anything stupid. Speaking up stupid, no shooting guns in the air either!
Old 07-03-2013, 02:25 PM
FitDay Member

You guys are my angels. Muwa, love ya. I resisted the ice cream and cookies and drank more water. My bed is calling me. See you in the morning.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by libby116
You guys are my angels. Muwa, love ya. I resisted the ice cream and cookies and drank more water. My bed is calling me. See you in the morning.
Good job, just don't get up during the middle of the night and attack it!
Old 07-03-2013, 04:42 PM
FitDay Member

>500 calories worth of exercise each day
M-348, T-348, W-273
<2500 calories from alcohol for the week
M-0, T-0, W-540
>2500 calories difference for the week
M-1395, T-1628, W-733
<40g fat per day
M-23.4, T-29.3, W-30.7
3 or more fruit/veg per day
M-4, T-1, W-6

Walking challenge - 3/10

The number of people for the no alcohol week grows, I made sure to start finishing off my supplies yesterday.

Some of you have made it so far in the walking challenge already, how do you do that in summer?

Thanks Mern, somehow I will get back up to 500/day.

Am I missing the obvious that DH stands for? For the life of me I can't figure it out, daughter's husband is the closest I think I got.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:16 PM
FitDay Member

Exercize every day - YNY
No junk food - Y Y Y
No soft drink - Y Y Y

Big update on me.
The linky up there is a bit of an update on what I'm up to, long story short, I got into the Air Force!
So I'm in, but work still needs to be done on the fitness.
So in my responses to people below I talk about being "on base" and things like that, hopefully it all makes sense if you know I'm in the RAAF.

carolynnq - Thanks for the advice! The main issue I have is living on an Air Force base, so lunch is pretty much okay, I either at the mess (pretty healthy options), or at a little cafe they have. It's when I get back to my block (where I live on base) I'm too lazy. We can't actually "cook" in our blocks, no stove or oven, and we aren't allowed to use fry pans or grills or anything. We do have a barbeque outside, but that's effort and even with that it's hard to be healthy. So I look at the cupboards and see snacks... then go for a drive and eat bad. It'll be easier once I'm finished my training and get posted, but I know I shouldn't use it as an excuse.

Mern - Hi again! Yeah, I know it's stupid, but I always feel so insecure, especially because the guys at the base gym are super fit. They're really nice, and don't do anything to make me so freakin insecure, but I do anyway. Right now I've injured my knee, so I've got a physio program to do, so I have to go, which hopefully will become habit once the knee is healed.

Mike - I think you're right. It seems stupid I've come this far in joining the military, yet I'm still "too scared" to face the Big Bad PTIs (Training Instructors)! Didn't realize how much I missed your bluntness till I've come back.
As for you, don't push yourself! I mean, yeah, push yourself, but don't hurt yourself! Good thing you stopped when you did, and hopefully it pulls up good in the morning.

libby116 - Great work on resisting! You feel better for it already, don't ya?

iansteele - From memory it means "Dear Hubby", but it's been a while.

Today was good, passed 2 assessments (on top of the three we had yesterday ), so pretty happy.
Had PT in the morning so off the hook for now, but have to go over to the boy's blocks (accommodation) in a couple of hours to make sure it's "inspection ready" for their inspection tomorrow.
Need to get up early tomorrow to go to the gym, because after work I'm driving to Melbourne to see family, so won't have time then. The weekend will be a struggle for exercising, I can't run because of a knee injury, and don't have a gym membership anywhere (free gyms in the military - yay!).
Anyway, gotta go get my stuff ready for tomorrow so I have have an early-ish night. /hugs to all, I'll probably check back in tonight anyway.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:21 AM
FitDay Member

• Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 828, 2041, 1414
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 43, 184, 200
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 2, 3, 3
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 17, 78, 80
  • Sugar < 50 g / day: 86, 79, 59
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 15, 20, 40
Wowgirl: Two words - Fruit, nuts.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dmartz
  • Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 828, 2041, 1414
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 43, 184, 200
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 2, 3, 3
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 17, 78, 80
  • Sugar < 50 g / day: 86, 79, 59
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 15, 20, 40
Wowgirl: Two words - Fruit, nuts.
California... Oops, wrong thread. I thought I was in the word association thread.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for the week
Calories under 1,100 a day: M-877 T-957 W-985
Water 6 glasses a day: Yes, Yes, Yes
Exercise 5K for the week: M-1.5k T-1.6k W-1.75
I am going to try for two pounds this week.

Happy Forth of July
I have been starring at this screen for about ten minutes trying to think of something to say. Thank you so much for your care and hugs. I will do all that I can to take care of my body and God will take care of the rest. After I prayed last night I had a good nights sleep.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

A quick update, then back to work....

1-lose 1 pound---TBD
2-finish all laundry---working on it
3-don't go crazy on the 4th---TBD

Wednesday went a lot better. I'm still getting super tired half way through the day, with no reasonable explanation as to why. Things to discuss with the doc. I went by and saw Jassi, we wound up taking a nap. When I finally did get home I had a burst of energy and washed all the dishes. They've been sitting in the sink since Sunday BF and I are both so tired that the house work seems to be piling up. The grass needs cutting, but it's rained for almost 2 weeks straight. And he's worked for 2 weeks straight. We can hardly see poor little Boss Man with the grass so high. BF thought he was going to have 4 days off of work (Thursday-Sunday) but he found out last night that he has to work on Friday. He could seriously use the time off. Oh well.

That's about it for now. Not sure what we're goin to do this evening. I have to work until about 1 this afternoon, but I'm sure we'll attempt to throw something on the grill. If it stops raining long enough that is.

Hope all my American friends have a safe and happy 4th. All my nonAmerican friends, just have a blessed day.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Mern for the kind words. Got on the scale this morning and I'm actually up a pound--ugh! I know I have to start drinking more water again!

I know how you feel Tori. I haven't been able to cut my grass either because it has rained so much. And the days where it doesn't rain I have something planned. Our grass is so damp in the morning that I have to wait till the afternoon to cut it.
Mom and I are actually considering moving--too much work for us to maintain a 4 bedroom house with large yard. The apartment that I would like has a pool and fitness room which would be awesome for me!

Happy 4th to my American friends!!

Jennifer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.