Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-1-2013

Old 07-03-2013, 01:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

well, found batteries for the scale and glad I did. I don't necessarily think it was an overly accurate reading (I am probably a little dehydrated - and I don't remember if my first weigh-in was before or after drinking my morning water and coffee). But it is definitely moving in the right direction and encouraging.

Down 10.6lbs since my first weigh-in last week. My calorie intake has been pretty consistent between 1,500 and 2,000 with one blow up day to almost 3,000. So I think I can make some progress on the intake front and my exercise has been pretty good (3 good workout days in the last 7).

I expect the next weigh-in to be much more modest, heck - I'd be happy with "no change" next time I step on the scale.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for the week
Calories under 1,100 a day: M-877 T-957
Water 6 glasses a day: Yes, Yes
Exercise 5K for the week: M-1.5k T-1.6k
I am going to try for two pounds this week.

Today I am going to the doctor to get the results of all the medical tests. I just hope that I don't need surgery and there is an easy solution to my problem.
I have been pushing my self to exercise. Last night I was so tired I couldn't think straight and talking was even worse. I went to bed and got a fitfull night sleep and now it's another day. I don't feel like exercising but I know I should.
I know I will feel better after. And so goes the battle.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:50 AM
FitDay Member

• Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 828, 2041
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 43, 184
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 2, 3
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 17, 78
  • Sugar < 50 g / day: 86, 79
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 15, 20,
As thoughts of the day before dissolved like sugar in tea,

(Novel in progress! ;-)

- D.

Last edited by dmartz; 07-03-2013 at 01:53 AM. Reason: P.S. I don't put sugar in ~my~ tea!
Old 07-03-2013, 01:54 AM
FitDay Member

For yesterday:
1.) Be okay with number of calories I eat (and I'll be honest about it!) - M: mm, I could have done better, but I also avoided cheesecake, so my blood sugar thanked me for that, T: Yes
2.) Drink 64 oz. water/day - M: Y, T: I think I failed
3.) Exercise
M: Gym - Done
T: Run 4 miles - Done, even though I thought I was going to die
W: Gym
Th: Run 3 miles
F: Gym
S: off
Su: Run 4 miles

Yesterday was a pretty good day overall for me. No complaints, no big things to report.

Quinn - I'm so glad your recovery is going well!

Dad_in_FL - wow, what great progress!!! That will serve as continued motivation, no doubt. Good for you, that's awesome.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, way to go on the healthy lifestyle that is pulling you through the post-op recovery! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hard to keep up with the group when I have the grandkids. Will try to catch up later today.

Tuesday report:

Cholesterol and sat fat averages are too high. Plan of attack: will strive for as much of a vegetarian menu today as I have the willpower to do.

--take my daily supplements to help keep blood cholesterol normal YES, YES

--1200-1600 calories per day 1494, 1451

--6 servings fruits/veggies per day YES, NO

Daily averages
--sat fat average 12% max. of daily calories: 11%, 19%
--dietary cholesterol 250mg: 202mg, 373mg
--protein 120g: 140g, 136g
--net carbs (total carbs less fiber) 25g: 25g, 16g
--dietary fiber 30g: 49g, 13g giving me an average of 31g

1/2 hour exercise 5 days per week YES, YES
64 oz. water per day YES. YES
Old 07-03-2013, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

Dad - that's totally awesome, I can just picture the suspense growing when you were looking for batteries...

Update on goals for this week:

- two extra, non-running workouts -
M: 25 min DVD workout
T: 20 min walking up and down stairs at work

- overall 1,000 calorie deficit for the week - M: -75, T: +18 This area clearly needs work!

- walking challenge - 10 miles - M: 2.5 mi, T: 3 mi 5.5 total so far
Old 07-03-2013, 02:14 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Joanna & Mern! I'm feeling great and so happy to be home! Nice to have some of the "old crew" back on the thread.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:43 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
put in a mile for me...
I put in 3.79 for you. Would have did more by I had to pick up one of the chirrens from work at 10:00.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I put in 3.79 for you. Would have did more by I had to pick up one of the chirrens from work at 10:00.
That's awesome! I'll be catching up to you very soon! I was shocked that I could get a mile in last night without getting winded or anything. It's so hard to judge how fast I should push myself. I'm doing so well that I don't want to set myself back. The only restriction that I have from the doctor is that I can't lift over 7 lbs. Stretching, deep breathing and very mild yoga have helped enormously. Unbelievably, I'm not on any pain meds... just a super-duper anti-inflammatory.

Watch your rear view mirror, cupcake... I'll be passing you in a couple of days!
Old 07-03-2013, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

FLDad - huge congrats on your huge loss! I'm with you on no gain also being a success. Each pound can be so hard to get off - I don't want to make more work for myself!

Mern - how lucky you are to be able to spend so much time with your grandkids! Spend the time with them. Just post your updates to the board for now. Stay to chat only when you have the time.

Libby - thinking about you today. Sometimes when I don't feel like exercising, I'll do something for just 2 minutes. Sometimes I stop at 2 min; sometimes I continue on.

RenewedSoul - hope you're feeling more peppy by now.

Quinn - I'm so happy that you're recovery is going so well.

Kocia - you've done your 2 extra workouts and you're past the half-way point in the walking challenge! That minor calorie overage can be brought down without too much pain.

Joanna - glad that you're back on an even keel. You're doing great. And good job on passing up that cheesecake. That might seem like a small thing to a lot of people, but I know how hard it can be.

Tori - what a crazy day you had yesterday. Today HAS to be better!

Jenn - sounds like you're staying on track.

Robin - you've got half of your 10 miles in!

----
Goals:
1. Avg under 1400 calories a day: 1341, 1195
2. Avg at least 45 min extra movement a day: 20, 60
3. No sugar, refined flour foods: Y, Y
4. 3 cups green tea a day: Y, Y (glad you brought the "3" challenge last week, Mike - it's probably good for me to switch some black tea for green)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.