• Cholesterol < 200mg: 43
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 2
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 17
  • Sugar < 50 g / day: 86
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 15
Sat too long and ate cupcakes.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:00 AM
FitDay Member

I'm new to fitday but just want to say a HUGE Congratulations to everyone on this thread!! Its great to see 100% positive replies and real commitment here. Hoping to jump in and begin my healthy start very soon so keep an eye out for me lol. Good luck everyone and have an awesome week
Old 07-02-2013, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Hehecherie
I'm new to fitday but just want to say a HUGE Congratulations to everyone on this thread!! Its great to see 100% positive replies and real commitment here. Hoping to jump in and begin my healthy start very soon so keep an eye out for me lol. Good luck everyone and have an awesome week
Why wait? Go ahead and make some goals and get cracking!!
Old 07-02-2013, 01:45 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, I haven't gone MIA this week. Yesterday was a HORRIFIC day. I'll post goals later today.

MERN!!! QUINN!!! Hey y'all!! Welcome back!

Long story short for why Quinn has been absent. She's had a bout with surgery, but everything is on the mend. Yay!! Her docs say she's healing quicker than a normal person would because she's led a healthy and active lifestyle. So props to Quinn for being the example we need.

Yep, definitely a long story short
Old 07-02-2013, 02:16 AM
Super Moderator

This may sound like a lame excuse but it is what it is... I do chest on the first workout of the week. The barbells were all taken so I ended up doing dumbbells. After doing 4 sets of flat db press and 3 sets of incline db press, I was finally able to get under a barbell (totally exhausted). Loaded it with 255# and only did it once. BTW my goal is to do it 3 times at once, no stopping, no a cumulation of days. I'll try it again later in the week.

1) 3 liters of water/day yes
2) Gym x 3 yes
3) Bench Press 255# x 3 no
Old 07-02-2013, 02:36 AM
FitDay Premium Member

It's Tuesday! I'm doing okay so far this week.

Ian: Good luck this week with your goals.

Robin: I hate housework, too. I love doing yard work. Good luck this week!

Donna: What is a body bug? Good luck this week.

Libby: I love the idea of having a plate with sections! Good luck!

Wow: Hi and good luck this week.

Hehecherie: Nice to see you on this forum. I am glad you found your way here. Good luck this week!

01gt4.6: Good luck with your goal of 3's!

Week's goals:

1. Stay under 1,200 calories daily Yes
2. Log in everything I eat or drink Yes
3. Behave and do not eat anything that goes against my vegan diet on July 4th; only drink water Yes
4. Follow the goals above and do not mess up once this week on them Yes
5. Lose 2 pounds or more Crossing fingers and toes!
Old 07-02-2013, 03:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Okay, I haven't gone MIA this week. Yesterday was a HORRIFIC day. I'll post goals later today.

MERN!!! QUINN!!! Hey y'all!! Welcome back!

Long story short for why Quinn has been absent. She's had a bout with surgery, but everything is on the mend. Yay!! Her docs say she's healing quicker than a normal person would because she's led a healthy and active lifestyle. So props to Quinn for being the example we need.

Yep, definitely a long story short
Good Morning Fitday Buddies!

Doing well 1 week post-op. Doctor originally said that I'd have a 6 week recovery and I'm already feeling about 70%! Tori's right... after doing my surgery, the doctor was amazed by my ability to get up and walking so quickly. Although I gave credit to my amazing surgeon, he gave the credit to my healthy life-style, daily walking, low body fat and exercise... So, YEA FITDAY!!!

So, for many of you who don't know me, 4 years ago I was sick of yo-yo dieting and being 30 lbs. overweight. I cleaned up my act, both with diet and exercise, and I am now being rewarded for that hard work with a remarkable recovery from a major surgery. I noticed that someone had asked about the correlation between diet & exercise and high BP meds- I am living proof of that. After being on meds for 20 years for high BP, my blood pressure is now the same at 50 as my 20 y/o daughter.

I have some big issues yet to resolve. The surgery has left me with some post-op weakness in one of my legs, but I am somewhat of a stubborn B and I won't rest until I'm back to my 4 mile hikes. My goal is to be backpacking in the Smokeys by September. My weight is low and I need to build nutrition, so I won't be dieting this time around. BUT, I need you guys for motivation and support as I recover. Don't baby me... kick my ass and whip me back in shape!!!

For any of you who wonder why you are on this path of health, is it worth it and why am I bothering with all of this when my friends are being lazy and eating garbage, remember me. I am healing better, I am stronger and I have surpassed all expectations in 7 days! I would have been terrified to have gone into this surgery out of shape and overweight. For me, the reasons for my journey to a healthy lifestyle didn't make themselves clear for 4 years. I am so grateful that I made those changes.

SO... Get healthy, get fit, lose the body fat, stick with your Fitday buddies for strength and motivation and don't let anyone stop you... ever.

GOALS:

Surpassed yesterday's goal of 4 blocks by doing six. ... and I did get a nap in... lol.

Today's Goal:

I will walk 8 blocks. (Sad from my usual 2-4 miles, but baby steps, right? )

I hope everyone has an incredible day! Get out there and GET MOVING!!!

quinn
Old 07-02-2013, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

Hehecherie - so glad you decided to join in. As Tori said, just get started. Even if you make just one small goal to start with, you'll feel better and more motivated if you accomplish it.

Ian - good start for the week. Maybe you can catch up on the exercise if it stopped raining.

Mike - nice effort on the bench press. Yesterday was just conditioning for your next gym visit.

Libby - I've seen pics of those sectioned plates. After using it for a while, you'll have a great feel for portion size.

Originally Posted by dmartz
Sat too long and ate cupcakes.
LOL. Great sentence. If this was the first line in a novel, I'd keep reading.
------
Goals:
1. Avg under 1400 calories a day: 1341
2. Avg at least 45 min extra movement a day: 20
3. No sugar, refined flour foods: Y
4. 3 cups green tea a day: Y
Old 07-02-2013, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Update

Goals:

1. log food every day M-yes
2. keep calories between 1400-1600 M-1530
3. exercise on my lunch hour at least twice 1 done

Eating out at a restaurant tonight. Coming here tomorrow should keep me accountable.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:10 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Good Morning Fitday Buddies!

Doing well 1 week post-op. Doctor originally said that I'd have a 6 week recovery and I'm already feeling about 70%! Tori's right... after doing my surgery, the doctor was amazed by my ability to get up and walking so quickly. Although I gave credit to my amazing surgeon, he gave the credit to my healthy life-style, daily walking, low body fat and exercise... So, YEA FITDAY!!!

So, for many of you who don't know me, 4 years ago I was sick of yo-yo dieting and being 30 lbs. overweight. I cleaned up my act, both with diet and exercise, and I am now being rewarded for that hard work with a remarkable recovery from a major surgery. I noticed that someone had asked about the correlation between diet & exercise and high BP meds- I am living proof of that. After being on meds for 20 years for high BP, my blood pressure is now the same at 50 as my 20 y/o daughter.

I have some big issues yet to resolve. The surgery has left me with some post-op weakness in one of my legs, but I am somewhat of a stubborn B and I won't rest until I'm back to my 4 mile hikes. My goal is to be backpacking in the Smokeys by September. My weight is low and I need to build nutrition, so I won't be dieting this time around. BUT, I need you guys for motivation and support as I recover. Don't baby me... kick my ass and whip me back in shape!!!

For any of you who wonder why you are on this path of health, is it worth it and why am I bothering with all of this when my friends are being lazy and eating garbage, remember me. I am healing better, I am stronger and I have surpassed all expectations in 7 days! I would have been terrified to have gone into this surgery out of shape and overweight. For me, the reasons for my journey to a healthy lifestyle didn't make themselves clear for 4 years. I am so grateful that I made those changes.

SO... Get healthy, get fit, lose the body fat, stick with your Fitday buddies for strength and motivation and don't let anyone stop you... ever.

GOALS:

Surpassed yesterday's goal of 4 blocks by doing six. ... and I did get a nap in... lol.

Today's Goal:

I will walk 8 blocks. (Sad from my usual 2-4 miles, but baby steps, right? )

I hope everyone has an incredible day! Get out there and GET MOVING!!!

quinn
Wow quinniepoo. You've got me fired up. I'm going to do some walking tonight! We all seriously need to plan a 1/2 marathon in the future... I know, I sounds like a nag.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.