Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-1-2013

Old 07-01-2013, 10:26 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, best wishes with your goals. Oops--your post reminded me I'm behind on my water.

I pooped out on my exercise earlier today after a mile of aerobic walking-- but I truly gave it my all. I vow to finish the other mile this evening.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:50 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, I feel like I'm jumping in mid week you've all been so chatty.

Kolcia - OK next week it is, I'll make sure to drink all mine this week so there is no temptation for the challenge.

Goals:

>500 calories worth of exercise each day
<2500 calories from alcohol for the week
>2500 calories difference for the week
<40g fat per day
3 or more fruit/veg per day

Walking challenge 10 miles - Weather forcast is rain, rain and a bit more rain this week so I don't think I'll make it, but I'll try
Old 07-01-2013, 10:53 AM
FitDay Member

>500 calories worth of exercise each day
M-348
<2500 calories from alcohol for the week
M-0
>2500 calories difference for the week
M-1395
<40g fat per day
M-23.4
3 or more fruit/veg per day
M-4

Walking challenge - 0/10
Old 07-01-2013, 11:14 AM
FitDay Member

Default ok time to bust some habits

So first things first, I need to reduce my dependence on fitday (imagine)-I use it way too frequently (since Dec). Need to get some independence.

Goal #1: Log once a day only (at night). M-N

Also, my scale went kiput today, it needs a new battery so I decided I will only replace it next weekend, in light of goal #2: Weigh myself only once per week. M-Y

#3: 3 workouts this week (exclude walking challenge), M-N

Personal goals:

1. Reduce computer time, M-Y
2. Start cleaning up the house, >1 bag per day. M-Y
3. Read more, M-Not yet

My house is really a disaster, I have been working way too much for too long and it's gotten out of control. Plus the health problems that I have had, husband's broken leg, etc. When I am home I'm on the computer. So once per day I will collect a bag of stuff to through out or give away. Should get quite a bit done by the end of the week

#4: Walking challenge (Ian it's calling for rain a lot again this week) 10 miles by Sunday. M-3m
Old 07-01-2013, 12:05 PM
FitDay Member

Default the un-diet

I have been doing low carb for years and have found recenlty that I cannot make myself stick to it so today I am starting my own plan. It is called the Un-diet. Basically I will eat healthy and whatever I want. I will have a 1000 per day deficit of calories which will give 2 pounds per week of loss. My current goal is by October 24th to lose 34 pounds.
current weight 274
goal by 10/24/13 is 240lbs

Basically I will log all food for each day. I have been using a body bug so I know I burn 2500 calories per day average. so I will be eating 1500 calories per day. take vitamines, drink alot of water, half my body weight in water per day/137 oz of water. I will workout 5 or 6 days per week.

I am eating healthy with balanced meals. I do not plan on eating anything white if it is possible, potatoes,rice, etc. mostly veggies, protien, fruit and complex carbs. If i warok out heavier one day I will add some extra calories. I pray that this works otherwise I will have to go back to low carb. If i want desert I will plan for it and that way I can have whatever I want....

If you want to join me with your plan or if you want to try this plan. Mostly lets support each other and keep each other accountable.

donna

i posted this a few days ago. no response, i thought i would put this here since this is what everyone is talking about.

6/27/13 sw; 274
7/01/13 cw 272.4
Old 07-01-2013, 12:37 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Mern: On my last doctors visit in May he was so impressed with my weight loss and improvement in blood sugarl, cholesterol and blood pressure that he gave me an A+. He said that if I was on meds for diabetes I didn't need them any more.
I want to make sure that when he sees me again in late August that he is equilly impressed. I hope that one day I won't have to take meds for blood pressure and cholesterol any more. Has any one been taken off these meds after a significant weight loss? I am very lucky that my guys aren't picky eaters. I modify my plate to roughly half the meat and starch that they eat
but about the same amount of vegetables.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:39 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Donna, another Donna here. I've been on an Un-diet since Dec 2011, and it's really worked well for me. During that time I've logged everything I eat. I mean ev-er-y-thing. (ok, there are about 10 days that have an entry for 'food' with a calorie estimate, mainly on vacations.) I try to eat healthy and stay within a narrow band of calories averaged by week.
I work out a few days a week, half with a trainer. (The trainer helps when I've lost enthusiasm for working out.) Sometimes after I've worked out hard, I'm famished. I try to stick to protein in those instances. If I know I will have high cal episodes, I try to plan for them by reducing calories ~in advance~. For the unexpected binge I try cut back on cals for the next few days, but not by too much. If my cals drop too low, I tend to get lazy, hazy, or mean. (Grrr.)
I'm also addicted to sugar, but I never (ok, almost never) consume it in beverages. I've been know to drink straight whiskey, rather than consume any mixer. But I mainly prefer wine, red wine, tea, hot, iced, or tepid, or water, with lemon, (although not necessarily in that order.) I never touch artificial sweeteners.
I'm currently at the point in my un-diet where I'm no longer trying to lose weight. I'd just like to maintain my current weight, and my healthy, loggin', lifestyle. 'Cause this 'fit' feels too good on me to give up on it now, even if it is sometimes a real high-maintenance pain.

- D.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:45 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome, Donna O! There are a lot of weight loss diets that work - the key is finding an eating plan that works for you - both in terms of it being easy to follow and in addressing any possible health issues. A lot of people go off their diets because they aren't happy eating that way. Glad you found something that works for you.

Libby - yeah, portion control is very important. There are lots of web sites that show what portions should look like. The one I remember is that a serving of meat is the size of a pack of playing cards. And, yes, people have been taken off cholesterol and blood pressure meds by reducing those levels through diet and weight loss.

Originally Posted by pcameronbrooks
Well I am back also...

The goals are simple this week

Log food
This seems to easy but my inner self thinks if you don't log it you didn't eat it....
Welcome! I often stop myself from eating because I don't want to log the food - either because I don't want to see the calories added, or because I'm too lazy to log it.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:14 PM
FitDay Member

I bought myself a plate with sections to remind me to eat 1/4 meat 1/4 starch and 1/2 vegetables. It's from corning ware and it works great. Today was a good day.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:35 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Feels great to come back here and see familiar faces - and not-so-familiar faces!
Starting simple because life is a bit stressy right now;
Exercize every day - Y
No junk food - Y
No soft drink - Y

I'll be better able to catch up with you all later, but great to see so many of you still going strong.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.