1. Stay under 1,200 calories daily Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Log in everything I eat or drink Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Behave and do not eat anything that goes against my vegan diet on July 4th; only drink water Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes! Yes, Yes
4. Follow the goals above and do not mess up once this week on them Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Lose 2 pounds or more Crossing fingers and toes! (peeked at the scale, think the results are going to be awesome this week unless they change tomorrow )
Started journey to health: April 29, 2013
As of Sept. 12, 2013: -67 pounds gone
Many more pounds to go
"Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one's thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world."
-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- two extra, non-running workouts -
M: 25 min DVD workout
T: 20 min walking up and down stairs at work
Th: 4 hour hike DONE
- overall 1,000 calorie deficit for the week - Ha, ha, ha - FitDay generously calculated 1,147 cal for the hike, and combined with the calories from the run on the same day I got over 1,600 from exercise on July 4th, and then it kind of went downhill from there...
For the remaining days the planned deficit quickly turned into a surplus - not a huge one, but a surplus nevertheless. I am not even stepping into the room where the scale is!
1.) Be okay with number of calories I eat (and I'll be honest about it!) - M: mm, I could have done better, but I also avoided cheesecake, so my blood sugar thanked me for that, T: Yes, W: I'm giving this one a no. , Th: Yes, and it was frickin' hard too - I wanted to eat all the food in the universe, F: I wish I had been a wee bit more controlled, Sa: Higher than I'd like, but still decent
2.) Drink 64 oz. water/day - M: Y, T: I think I failed, W: Y, Th: Y, F: Almost, I'm counting it, Sa: Y
M: Gym - Done
T: Run 4 miles - Done, even though I thought I was going to die
W: Gym - Sort of... I went, but only stayed for like 10 minutes because my blood sugar was weird and I didn't feel like doing it... not my best moment but I suppose not my worst
Th: Run 3 miles - Done
F: Gym - Done
Sa: off - Done
Su: Run 4 miles
I was just about to go for my run when a giant storm rolled through I'm not sure if I'll get it in today, but I've still got a couple hours left before I run out of light.
#1: Log once a day only (at night). M-N, T-Y, W-Y. Th-Y. F-Y, S-Y, Su-Y
#2: Weigh myself only once per week. M-Y, T-Y, W-Y, Th-Y (still no battery lol), F-Y (battery bought but not installed), S-Ditto, Su- my chosen weigh in day
#3: 3 workouts this week (exclude walking challenge), M-N, T-Lap Swim, W-weights at the gym and "yoga in the Garden", Th-Lap swim, F-N, S-N, Su-N DONE
1. Reduce computer time, M-Y, T-Y, W-Y, Th-Y, F-Y, S-Y, Su-Y
2. Start cleaning up the house, >1 bag per day. M-Y, T-Y, W-Y. Th- 6 Bags (4 donation, 2 garbage, mostly Large clothes). F-Y, S-Y, Su-Y
3. Read more, M-Y, T-yes, W-N, Th-Y, F-Y, S-Y, Su-Y
Walking challenge: 10 miles by Sunday. M-3m, T-2m. W-1m, Th-1m, F-2m, S-1.5m Su-0 Done
Overall I am happy with the week, Mern haha the bears are out and about, they had to set traps in city limits, they are coming after the garbage.
Too hot to work out today.
I have to think about next week's goals as I have to go away (5 hours drive) to take my son to see a specialist for his eyes. This will break up my normal routine so I just might make total goals this coming week.
Fitday start date 12/9/12
Fitday start weight 190
Highest weight Jan 2009 218
Lowest weight Aug 2009 175
Goal 160: ACHIEVED Aug 25/13 (now to figure out how to stay here)
If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten. –Tony Robbins