7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-1-2013

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-1-2013

Old 07-06-2013, 01:40 AM
Super Moderator

Awesome job Mern
"Weight 7/1/2013 233.5 Weight 7/5/2013 228.5"

If I weren't on my phone, you'd get the dancing banana!
Old 07-06-2013, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

Yeah, Mike, I noticed a drop there, too, although I didn't know how much it was.

Go Mern, you rock!!
Old 07-06-2013, 02:15 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I'm feeling great and full of energy today. I feel good about today.

Mern: Thank you for the suggested program to help me remember to take supplements. I will definitely check that out. Oh btw, congrats on the five pound loss! That is awesome.

Week's goals:

1. Stay under 1,200 calories daily Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Log in everything I eat or drink Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Behave and do not eat anything that goes against my vegan diet on July 4th; only drink water Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes! Yes
4. Follow the goals above and do not mess up once this week on them Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Lose 2 pounds or more Crossing fingers and toes!
Old 07-06-2013, 03:38 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna, I applaud you for your Friday report--and it's good to eat bread with alcohol, isn't it? Or does that mess with your blood sugar too much? Cheering the weekend as well--I might get a new refrigerator to replace the one we bought brand new 19 years ago. I often joke that my DH is so cheap he could squeeze the poop out of the buffalo on a nickel (pardon my "French" ) so I probably won't get the one I'd really love to have, but maybe one with a bigger freezer capacity than I have now--plus I can get a black one to match the rest of my kitchen appliances. Current one is white. Not that DH is a dictator or anything. In our house whomever a decision affects the most has the final say, but if it affects both of us equally (like a new fridge) either one of us gives in or we compromise. Pretty sure the new fridge will be a compromise.

RenewedSoul, Joanna and Mike, thanks for your encouragement on my accomplishments this week.

RenewedSoul, KUDOS ON YOUR PERFECT WEEK DO FAR and on your weight loss. Only problem with the desktop reminder is that your computer has to be on to get the reminder yodel. But it's very user-friendly.

Last edited by Mern; 07-06-2013 at 03:43 AM.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

Just a quick check-in while I take my mid-day break...

Last night was so hysterical! I haven 't laughed that much in weeks. Hubby and I went to a very quiet diner for broiled cod. Afterwards, he was suppose to drop me off at home and go grocery shopping. He said he could handle the weekly shopping, but after he asked me a few questions about my list, I knew the poor thing didn't have a chance. lol

So, after dinner, he said jokingly, "You should just ride around on one of those Rascal Scooter things!" And that's just what I did! lol I had so much fun! OMG! I was beeping my horn and terrorizing the whole store. I don't think I 've ever laughed so hard in all my life! We ripped the list in half and had a race. Final tally: I had 36 items to his 4.

Went out to breakfast this morning and then I did a lap around Home Depot while hubby shopped... on foot this time.

So, Mike, I don't know about go carts, but I challenge you to a Walmart Rascal Scavenger Race! LOL Mern, you too! Can't you just see this?! The First Annual Fitday Rascal Run for injured Fitday Members! There was only one mean guy who said that I needed to stay to the right, but I got him back by running into his heel...

Have a great day!

Quinn
Old 07-06-2013, 05:59 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, LOL on your shopping race on the scooter at the grocery store. I'll bet that got the mean guy good with getting him on the heel. I actually had a young Walmart employee ask me several months ago if I'd like to use a scooter as he was driving it in from the parking lot. I just chuckled and told him i was fine, but to ask me again in a couple months. Kudos on the lap around Home Depot. Those places are huge!

We're going out for dinner tonight to Bob Evans, a home cooking restaurant where I can eat very nicely on plan.

Got my new fridge ordered and it'll be delivered Monday already. I showed DH on the Internet the one I found on sale that was the same size we have now. But I also saw one I REALLY wanted that had a freezer 50% bigger than our current one that I didn't show him until we went to the appliance store. Sneaky, but it worked. Nothing real fancy--and we're just moving up from 18.2 cubic feet to 21.1 cubic feet. But the cold food section had several features DH really liked that we didn't have in our 19 year old fridge so I didn't even have to talk him into it.

Last edited by Mern; 07-06-2013 at 06:10 AM.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Quinn, LOL on your shopping race on the scooter at the grocery store. I'll bet that got the mean guy good with getting him on the heel. I actually had a young Walmart employee ask me several months ago if I'd like to use a scooter as he was driving it in from the parking lot. I just chuckled and told him i was fine, but to ask me again in a couple months. Kudos on the lap around Home Depot. Those places are huge!

We're going out for dinner tonight to Bob Evans, a home cooking restaurant where I can eat very nicely on plan.

Got my new fridge ordered and it'll be delivered Monday already. I showed DH on the Internet the one I found on sale that was the same size we have now. But I also saw one I REALLY wanted that had a freezer 50% bigger than our current one that I didn't show him until we went to the appliance store. Sneaky, but it worked. Nothing real fancy--and we're just moving up from 18.2 cubic feet to 21.1 cubic feet. But the cold food section had several features DH really liked that we didn't have in our 19 year old fridge so I didn't even have to talk him into it.
Way to go on the new fridge! Umm... can you come here and talk my hubby into replacing my 19 year old fridge??
Old 07-06-2013, 06:49 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, it took me 42 years of marriage to figure how out to manipulate my DH. You're on your own, kiddo!
Old 07-06-2013, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, I've got racing in my blood. You're going down. After a little wrenching, I'll have the fastest Rascal around!

Mern, yes, those were all my pics. The B&W one is my favorite. I took just over a thousand pics while there.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:29 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, I love that black and white one, too. Lots of memories in 1000 pics!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.