Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #141 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 80
Default

Oops! The distance you mentioned still sounds impressive!
Kocialapcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #142 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
ToriD1012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boiling Springs, SC
Posts: 1,202
Default

I should have known better, I really should have. I KNOW to never utter the words "what else could possibly go wrong". But I did. And of COURSE something else went wrong.

Lets do a quick recap...AC went out Monday, Tuesday was power at work, Wednesday not so bad. And then Thursday.....work went well. I got to leave early to enjoy the festivities. Thursday morning I noticed the water pressure was WAY down at home. I told BF to call the landlord (again) and see if he could come out to check the air, and while he was there to check the water. We had the same issue a few weeks ago. I got home from work around 2 and BF hasn't been able to call because it had rained all. f'ing. day. He has zero phone service when it rains. So he used my phone and called. Finally got ahold of landlord and told him the issues. By this point we have NO water. Landlord makes it to the house around 4. Checks the air and gets it going. Tells us the pump on the well needs replacing and it will be today (Friday) before he can get the parts. So yeah. No water. Still. I took a "bath" by bottled water this morning.

Yeah. Never again will I utter those words...

Food went well yesterday. I didn't over do it. Haven't been able to finish laundry for the obvious reasons. And not sure about weight.

Oh, and the dog ran off because of the fireworks. I'm hoping he's home when I get there this evening...
__________________
Tori

FitDay Start-November 6, 2011
FitDay Starting Weight-255 lbs.
Height-5'4"ish
Age-36

Mini Goal Weight-??
Ultimate Goal Weight-TBD

Current Weight-??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When life throws you curveballs, it's up to YOU to decide whether or not you swing away or go down looking. I'm choosing to swing away.

"JUST KEEP SWIMMING"
Dory-Finding Nemo
ToriD1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #143 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
quinnesec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,548
Default

Tori,
You have all of the makings for a great country song!! Right down to the part where the dog even leaves! LOL Seriously though, I hope things start to get better... hang tough... the weekend is almost here!
__________________
quinn

Reached 30 lb. Weight Loss Goal April, 2010
Fighting The Battle to Maintain
quinnesec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #144 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
ToriD1012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boiling Springs, SC
Posts: 1,202
Default

Quinn, You have no clue how close you are to the "country song". We live in a single wide, we're slightly redneck, we let our dog roam freely, and we have an immobile car in the driveway.

You're right though, just a few more hours of work and I'm off for two days. Thank God!!!

BF just texted me to let me know that Boss finally came home. So that's a step in the right direction
__________________
Tori

FitDay Start-November 6, 2011
FitDay Starting Weight-255 lbs.
Height-5'4"ish
Age-36

Mini Goal Weight-??
Ultimate Goal Weight-TBD

Current Weight-??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When life throws you curveballs, it's up to YOU to decide whether or not you swing away or go down looking. I'm choosing to swing away.

"JUST KEEP SWIMMING"
Dory-Finding Nemo
ToriD1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #145 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
quinnesec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriD1012 View Post
Quinn, You have no clue how close you are to the "country song". We live in a single wide, we're slightly redneck, we let our dog roam freely, and we have an immobile car in the driveway.

You're right though, just a few more hours of work and I'm off for two days. Thank God!!!

BF just texted me to let me know that Boss finally came home. So that's a step in the right direction
Play the Dory video... it always makes me laugh!
__________________
quinn

Reached 30 lb. Weight Loss Goal April, 2010
Fighting The Battle to Maintain
quinnesec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #146 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
ClaireS89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 44
Default

Goals for this week.
1. Continue to log calories consumed/burned (though sometimes approximates are better for me, doesn't help to get obsessive). That being said... [y, y, y, y, ?]
2. Try not to obsess too much. [eh]
3. Swim 500 yards (10 laps, any stroke) at least once. [y]
4. Swim at least an additional 250 yards at least twice. [not yet, sadly]

Additional note, I managed to stay on track as far as raw calories yesterday, and I did a lot more walking at work than I usually do. Yay
__________________
Age 25, Height 5'7"
Goal 250 lbs by 03/26/14
Start date: 02/11/14
Start weight: 262.2 lbs.
Current weight: 260.8 lbs.
ClaireS89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #147 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5
Default

Hi there! I'd like to tell you that my day was great.Well, it's evening here since I'm living in Turkey. I didn't have anything out of my diet list, drank about 3L (100 oz) water, and had my cups of green teas in between the meals. For a few times, the thoughts of eating nutella and cookies visited my mind in the day) I didn't let them stay in my mind though)I wish I could have more exercise today. I could only walk about 3.2 km (2 miles) on the treadmill. I hope that I'll be able to walk more tomorrow. My dashboard on fitday tells me that I have 160 cal budget now but I think I'm gonna close the day here and not gonna eat anything after now since it's 9:18 pm here.Hope you'll be able to reach your goals for the dayTake care!
aysehoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #148 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
California... Oops, wrong thread. I thought I was in the word association thread.
Note I left off 'flakes' ... but now I think it's apt.

- D.
dmartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:35 PM   #149 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 441
Default

  • Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 828, 2041, 1414, 2003
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 43, 184, 200, 97
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 2, 3, 3, 3
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 17, 78, 80, 43
  • Sugar < 50 g / day: 86, 79, 59, 88
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 15, 20, 40, 0
This week may give me Calorie Whiplash!
dmartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:45 PM   #150 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 7,421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mern View Post
Mike, my husband often jokes about San Francisco. That's why I caught your fruit/nut reference. I think Quinn is faking innocence.
Did you see my pics from when we went to San Francisco? Here are some of them http://s266.photobucket.com/user/01g...?sort=3&page=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocialapcia View Post
Mike: How's the back doing now?
I forgot to mention, it's feeling much better. The reason why I mentioned the bike is b/c riding on my sportbike (motorcycle) puts my body in an odd position. The foot pegs are kinda high and a little back, the handle bars are very low and between the two is a big gas tank to hunch over. This positions is VERY good for my back as it requires me to stretch my back. I've had a lower back injury (bulging discs, L5&S1). The stretches that they recommend are very similar to my riding position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnesec View Post
... and a ton of assistance from my crock pot
If you even figure out how bake cookies or cake in that crock pot, keep me in mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriD1012 View Post
Quinn, You have no clue how close you are to the "country song". We live in a single wide, we're slightly redneck, we let our dog roam freely, and we have an immobile car in the driveway.

You're right though, just a few more hours of work and I'm off for two days. Thank God!!!

BF just texted me to let me know that Boss finally came home. So that's a step in the right direction
Poor Boss Man, you need to ship him of to his uncle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireS89 View Post
Goals for this week.
1. Continue to log calories consumed/burned (though sometimes approximates are better for me, doesn't help to get obsessive). That being said... [y, y, y, y, ?]
2. Try not to obsess too much. [eh]
3. Swim 500 yards (10 laps, any stroke) at least once. [y]
4. Swim at least an additional 250 yards at least twice. [not yet, sadly]

Additional note, I managed to stay on track as far as raw calories yesterday, and I did a lot more walking at work than I usually do. Yay
Awesome job so far! Keep it up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aysehoca View Post
Hi there! I'd like to tell you that my day was great.Well, it's evening here since I'm living in Turkey. I didn't have anything out of my diet list, drank about 3L (100 oz) water, and had my cups of green teas in between the meals. For a few times, the thoughts of eating nutella and cookies visited my mind in the day) I didn't let them stay in my mind though)I wish I could have more exercise today. I could only walk about 3.2 km (2 miles) on the treadmill. I hope that I'll be able to walk more tomorrow. My dashboard on fitday tells me that I have 160 cal budget now but I think I'm gonna close the day here and not gonna eat anything after now since it's 9:18 pm here.Hope you'll be able to reach your goals for the dayTake care!
Awesome work. You can't go wrong with 3's. Next week I'll do my goals of 3's again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmartz View Post
Note I left off 'flakes' ... but now I think it's apt.

- D.
haha

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 07-05-2013 at 08:33 PM.
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2