Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 6-24

Old 06-29-2013, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

Robin-way to go! Yey!

Ian - 897 calories from exercise? You may have mentioned your regimen a while ago, but it eludes me now - what do you do that adds up to that much?

Shall we carefully choose a week with no social activities planned and attempt a full 7 days with no booze as one of our goals? I'll back out if I'm freaking you out now....

On the other hand... wine is my only weakness... that's how we customarily end the day...I don't even know what a blizzard is (or a Dairy Queen for that matter)! Oh, well.

Still working on the walking challenge - I'll do some today and the remainder tomorrow.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

Yeah, so I kind of blew yesterday. I think today will be better. Fingers-crossed. I also wasn't able to get in my second mid-week run this week, but that wasn't my fault - stupid rain. I'm just going to keep going with it, I've got a 5-miler tomorrow.

I felt decidedly sorry for myself yesterday evening because my blood sugars have been on a roller coaster the last couple of days and so I decided to generally bemoan the burden of diabetes. This happens once every couple of months. I'm over it today (helped by the three glasses of wine and the gin gimlet I had last night - wish I could say I was sorry about that, but I'm really not.)

Today, I'm enjoying the tennis, and I'm going to see World War Z later with friends. Hope you are all having a good weekend.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:37 AM
FitDay Member

I've never had a blizzard. Or maybe that should be .

Today my exercise is going to be helping my son & DIL move apartments. They (and the 3 cats they rescued from their Peace Corps country) have been living in a studio apartment that they took on a month-to-month lease while they were job hunting. So they won't have too much stuff to move, but stairs are involved.

Robin - wow! only 4 more pounds to go. All of your hard work has paid off. And good for you for resisting the fried chicken yesterday. Funnily enough, yesterday I was thinking that I've lost all taste for fast food EXCEPT for fried chicken. I haven't had any in at least 6 months, but I still crave it once in a while. On the Food Hospital show I've been watching, every time a person says that fried chicken is among the take out they eat, the dietician brings out a bucket of chicken, grabs a piece or two, and wrings the grease out of it. It's really disgusting. Maybe if I keep that image in my mind, it will help me resist.

Ian - what a great week you're having!

Joanna - maybe the Mexican food you had yesterday wasn't all bad. Apparently spicy food can help us spend an extra 50 calories a day.

Epixi - You're a little over, but not enough that it should result in a weight gain.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:35 AM
FitDay Member

Default Oatcakes ugh

I don't even eat cookies, but somebody brought me some of "effie's homemade oatcakes" from Boston. I love these. Good thing I can't buy them usually (8 hours drive). I ate 4. And I was doing so good t least they are "all natural" ingredients.

For those of you who have never been at a DQ or tried a blizzard, I am in shock. I live in the STICKS and I have eaten way too many of these. So if you have never tried one I guess you have to if you are ever near a DQ.

I am rocking the goals and totally blowing the walking challenge. Nothing again today Did a bunch of errands (some to do with work) and now I am going to grab my book and lay on the couch (oatcakes out of sight).

One of the things I did was smudge my office today. Because it's Saturday. Last time I did it was a Fri night and the cleaner reported to the landlord that we were" burning something that smelled funny" so I decided that next time I would do it on a Saturday. I'm pretty sure they thought we were smoking pot lol.

Goals:

1. 3 workouts this week (excluding walking challenge): M-N, T-Swim, W-Weights, Th-swim, F-nothing, S-nothing
2. 3 vegs/day: M-3, T-5. W-4. Th-6, F-3, S-4
3. Omega 3 everyday: M-Y, T-Y, W-Y, Th-Y, F-Y, S-Y
4. >3k calorie deficit this week: M- 811, T-1189, W-753, Th-948. F-721, S-369 (fortunately I had some in the bank).

Walking Challenge: 3.5 miles in. No change.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Robingen
For those of you who have never been at a DQ or tried a blizzard, I am in shock. I live in the STICKS and I have eaten way too many of these. So if you have never tried one I guess you have to if you are ever near a DQ.
I think it depends on where you live, if you'll have one, honestly. As to having to try one, well, only if you're willing to drop 500+ calories (in a small) on a dessert--even a most tasty one.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:31 PM
FitDay Member

I've been to DQs - not recently though - just never had a blizzard. I'd always get their soft serve vanilla cone dipped in chocolate - yum! I had better get my mind thinking about something else.

Actually, we just got back from helping the "kids" move. It's hot and I'm beat. All I can think about now is tall, cool drinks (iced tea - unsweetened).
Old 06-29-2013, 02:48 PM
FitDay Member

calories under 1100: M-986 T-2200 W-987 T-922 F-936 S-1725
water 6 glasses a day: Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, No
exercise 5K a week: M-No T-.5k W-No T-No F-No S-No

There are days when I am in complete control even under pressure and then other days when I am stress free and I lose all control. I blew it again.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:13 PM
FitDay Member

Bit of a high day today (2494, I'm not good like all y'all, if I come in under 2500 I'm a happy camper :P).
Old 06-30-2013, 12:15 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I have been really busy, so I haven't been able to type on the forum. The weekend is half over and so far, I have denied temptations. It seems like everywhere I go people want me to try something they have cooked or bought. Even my mom offered me popcorn covered with butter at the ballgame last night. I just gave her the "eye" and she was like "Oh sorry!" lol Everyone stay strong through the rest of the weekend!

Weeks goals:

*Drink 12 oz of water with each meal: Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
*Walk daily: Yes, yes, yes, yes, no, Yes
*Eat less than 1,100 calories a day: Yes, Yes, 1,182 no, Yes, Yes, Yes
*Walk stairs (2 flights) at work 20 times a day/3 days this week: Yes, yes, Yes
*Lose at 2 pounds: I am retaining water this week, don't think I will make this goal, we will see
Old 06-30-2013, 12:29 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Dietary disaster yesterday - started w/ decision to have a beer, followed by two more. Which was followed by cravings and bad judgement... and then came the annual 4th of July party at the club. 1,500 more calories than I really needed yesterday.

So now do I fast for a day to make up for it, or just blow it off and get back on the horse?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.