Old 06-26-2013, 12:07 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:

1. 3 workouts this week (excluding walking challenge): M-N, T-Swim, W-Weights
2. 3 vegs/day: M-3, T-5. W-4
3. Omega 3 everyday: M-Y, T-Y, W-Y
4. >3k calorie deficit this week: M- 811, T-1189, W-753

Walking Challenge: 3.5 miles in.

(Libby; when my husband had his stone walking hurt him a lot. I think they are sharp)
Old 06-26-2013, 12:33 PM
FitDay Member

• Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 879, 864
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 281, 61
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 0, 1, (lots of fruit)
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 48, 27 (27!)
  • Sugar < 50 g / day: 44, 53,
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 60, 0
The week is speeding by. So much to say, yet so much to do!

Jho, A month ago you were doing, like, a hundred crunches, and now you're just down ...maybe try to do a ~little~ bit of exercise instead of burning out. & ... I just can't believe that being down has "everything to do with [your] weight." Maybe you're an all or nothing person, like me, who needs to find their middle ground.

Wow, Robin! Carolyn! Such great advice. (Jho.. their advice to you so apt!)

Libby: I hate when that (2200) happens, yet I've been there quite alot lately. I think it's ok to remind you body once in a while what a high dose of calories is like. You'll just have to work out a little more, as you are able.

Me, I've been trying to hoard my cals for this weekend, and I'm down about 1-2 pounds, even if I did gorge my self on high cal foods last week.
(And yes, Robin, I should have had some veggies with the cheese!)

Gotta run (uh, figuratively. I might have said 'fly,' but no Bat Wings here!) Will try to check in a bit earlier tomorrow.

- D.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

Just a quick check in. I'll update my goals tomorrow. Today I took off of work so I could spend the day with a friend and help him do some things. Maneuvering him in and out I his wheelchair and loading it in and out the truck several times was a workout. I got a true taste of what he and his wife now go through on a daily basis. Besides that... I actually went to the gym tonight. So that's (real) workout number 2 for the week. Even though I was out the office all day, as soon as I got home this evening, I made one call and wrote a policy. So at least I can check off one of those for the week. The bad thing is I didn't log my food. I was okay, but after doing so much running around we were building up an appetite. As soon as my friend finished talking to the new recruits of the NOPD (explaining the real life dangers of the job) we went out to eat. From then on my choices (and amounts) went south. So I'm going to turn in early, for the first time IN A LONG TIME just so I can go to sleep and not eat the house down.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:08 PM
FitDay Member

Mike: Good for you for deciding to stop before you did any damage. I'm sure that your activity for the day burned a lot of calories. You did a wonderful thing today helping your friend and making his life easier. Sleep well.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:56 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Goals for the week
1. Increase my water
2. Train hard and video tape all my training a
3. See a decrease on the scale...PLEASE!!
4. Eat clean 95% of time

So far so good....except for scale so far
Old 06-26-2013, 11:16 PM
FitDay Member

>500 calories worth of exercise each day
M-458, T-183, W-416
<2500 calories from alcohol for the week
M-0, T-0, W-0
>2500 calories difference for the week
M-1624, T-1305, W-1508
<40g fat per day
M-35.4, T-46.6, W-24.3

Walking challenge - 5.5/10

Was too lazy to do other exercise after the walking so didn't reach the 500 calories again Not going too well, as long as I get it above last weeks average of 372 I'll be OK with it, but even that looks like a mountain.

My screen is broken so I won't be on much until its fixed, going to be hard estimating how much I can eat without my realtime updates on Fitday At least this might make me get up and exercise instead of sitting infront of the computer.

Epixi - "ありがとうございます" Damn all these Asian languages with really long ways of saying things that we can express shorter in English. My girlfriends PC has a nice little built in translator for Japanese words

Carolynnq - 500 isn't really that much, its just that I'm too lazy to do it

Robingen - Yeah I get that you need to love your activity, I guess I'll just keep looking until I find something I like. When are these scientists and engineers going to invent futuristic things we were promised back in the 50s?
Old 06-26-2013, 11:55 PM
FitDay Member

• Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 879, 864, 1040
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 281, 61, 177
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 0, 1, 0
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 48, 27, 66
  • Sugar < 50 g / day: 44, 53, 36
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 60, 0, 60
Ian, If you think about it, all those 50s things we were promised are here, they just have unanticipated side effects:

Just remember: It doesn't matter - but you do!
Old 06-27-2013, 01:05 AM
FitDay Member

Hey! Quick check in for today! Thanks so much for all your advice and support – its what I loved about this thread the most!

Joanna and JoJo – thanks so much for the hugs! Much needed. Now you need to yell at me – tough love always works for me!

Carolynn – one day at a time – I’ll get there…. Part of the problem is I feel overwhelmed a lot of the time and I “don’t have time to make goals” a sad excuse I know but that is why I’m back here – I need to focus and this group helped me before! And you are exactly right about the spiraling effect – completely agree! Thank you!

Robin – I have come to realize that I can’t identify my own values…. I would call myself a very passive person – not that much passion about anything in particular. I used to be – I don’t know where I lost the passion but I’m at a point in my life where I can see my depression affecting my young children and its time to do something about it. Thank you for the advice.

D – I wasn’t doing a hundred crunches a month ago!! That was A YEAR ago! In one year I’ve gained 20lbs . I’m saying it has to do with my weight because its not fair to say that life got in the way! In the last year so much has changed and I lost focus – agreeing that I’m an all-or-nothing person when it comes to “healthy lifestyle choices”. I’m fighting to get back to where I was last year. Finding the middle ground is probably a good idea!

Ian – I love that one of your goals is <2500 cals from alcohol….. Its something I never thought about until I looked at a frozen cooler recently and almost had a heart attack – 280 cals!! Whhhhaaat!

Mike - I do that too - its just easier to go to bed!
Old 06-27-2013, 01:19 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for the Week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes, yes, yes
  • Maintain adequate daily hydration: yes, yes, yes
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average between 1200-1550 calories: 1303, 1361, 1396
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average between 800-1300mg sodium: 940, 859, 1040
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average of at least 16g fiber: 12, 13, 12
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average of at least 30g protein: 39, 37, 26
  • Some sort of physical activity 4x during the week: Mon=nothing, Tues=Taiko, Wed=nothing ...(1/4)
  • Study every day: yes, yes, yes

Pressed for time, so this post'll have to be short. Sorry. Hope to get back later with chat/responses etc.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:55 AM
FitDay Member

Epixi - you're good on everything but fiber. Are you still taking psyllium husk? How has that worked out?

Originally Posted by Robingen
I feel the same way about people setting goals to do things they hate, like run or go to the gym. You have to like your chosen activity. As you may have noticed, some of us here love swimming. Seriously how do you think I get up at 5:30 am to go swimming? Clearly I love it.
I was thinking about this on my way back from swimming this morning. I've never thought of swimming as exercise. Sure, I know it burns calories (and I enter it into my activity log), but that's not why I do it. I just love it. When I was 19-20 and 115 pounds (very skinny), I was working full time and going to college, but would get up to swim at the Y before work. It was fun. I'd swim now, even if it didn't burn any more calories than my sitting in my chair here. I'm going to need to find an activity for the other 8 mos this outdoor pool isn't open. There are some indoor pools near me, but the cheapest is $85/mo.

Originally Posted by dmartz
Gotta run (uh, figuratively. I might have said 'fly,' but no Bat Wings here!) Will try to check in a bit earlier tomorrow.
- D.
LOL. I don't think I'll every say "gotta fly" again.

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Today I took off of work so I could spend the day with a friend and help him do some things. Maneuvering him in and out I his wheelchair and loading it in and out the truck several times was a workout. I got a true taste of what he and his wife now go through on a daily basis.
That was wonderful of you to help Johnny and his wife like that. I can imagine how routine everyday tasks must be a struggle now.

Originally Posted by amrn1965
So far so good....except for scale so far
Weight loss will come. Whether or not you lose any this week, you're fitter and healthier than you were.

Originally Posted by iansteele

Walking challenge - 5.5/10

....Carolynnq - 500 isn't really that much, its just that I'm too lazy to do it
Ian - you're well on your way to completing the walking challenge! 500 is a lot for me. Yesterday, I walked/jogged 1.75 miles. That burned something like 110 calories.

Originally Posted by Jho82
Part of the problem is I feel overwhelmed a lot of the time and I “don’t have time to make goals” a sad excuse I know but that is why I’m back here...
Start small with one small goal. 7 min of exercise? No desserts? No soda? It doesn't have to be a big goal. I don't know how old your children are - could you take a 10- or 15-min walk with a child after dinner? It would get you a little exercise, and I found that when I would walk with my children, they would open up and talk about all kinds of things, whereas in the car or at home, I'd be more likely to get one-word responses.

---------
1. Avg under 1400/day calories for week 1412, 1369, 1323
2. Avg 45-min day extra movement 65, 55, 35
3. No white flour, sugar foods N, Y,Y
4. 3 cups of green tea daily (started Tues) Y,Y

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.