Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 6-24

Old 06-27-2013, 04:04 AM
FitDay Member

Ugh! That's about all I can say. This week has just been UgH. My goals looked about like they have all week. One thing is for sure....I'm consistent. Consistently bad. Next week is a new start. Check y'all later

Jho--deep cleansing breaths and hugs to ya.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Ugh! That's about all I can say. This week has just been UgH. My goals looked about like they have all week. One thing is for sure....I'm consistent. Consistently bad. Next week is a new start. Check y'all later
Tori - read those quotations in your signature! Go down swinging! Forget Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Don't wait to re-start next week. There's nothing magical about stating on Monday. Start over today. Set yourself some new goals for today, tomorrow and the weekend. Make them realistic for what you can accomplish while you're not feeling well.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:52 AM
FitDay Member

Ian:
You are consistently putting in a few hundred calories worth of exercise - that has got to accumulate into some real results at some point.

And - no alcohol three days in a row?! (stares into space, bewildered...)

Jho:
What a pleasure to see you so much more cheerful. And so focused, too! More hugs going your way - tough love coming soon...

Carolyn:

" I've never thought of swimming as exercise. Sure, I know it burns calories (and I enter it into my activity log), but that's not why I do it. I just love it. When I was 19-20 and 115 pounds (very skinny), I was working full time and going to college, but would get up to swim at the Y before work. It was fun. I'd swim now, even if it didn't burn any more calories than my sitting in my chair here. "

That's what running is to me - more of a mood management than a weight management. I gladly get up before 5 to put a few miles in before other things distact me. Yo know, the way they are currently distracting me from the walking challenge - maybe I should start getting up at 4 to get both the running and the walking in first thing in the day?!

Is there a Y near where you live? Even other swimming pools are now getting creative with membership - near me one gives members an option of a small membership fee ($12 a year!) and then $4 each time you actually go (which, in my case would be, er? $16 a year?). Another reduces the yearly fee with each passing week - the closer to the end of the calendar year you join, the more of a bargain it is! And you'll only need it after labor Day when the outdoor pool closes, right?

I only put one walking mile in this week, and zero out of three extra activities - gotta get my act together soon! Wait - I spent an hour on the sofa, with a cat on my chest - I really had to use all those chest muscles to lift the cat up just to breathe! Does that count?

Good luck all!
Old 06-27-2013, 04:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by carolynnq
Tori - read those quotations in your signature! Go down swinging! Forget Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Don't wait to re-start next week. There's nothing magical about stating on Monday. Start over today. Set yourself some new goals for today, tomorrow and the weekend. Make them realistic for what you can accomplish while you're not feeling well.
Tell her like it is!
Old 06-27-2013, 05:54 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I am kind of mad at myself. I calculated wrong on calories yesterday and at 1,182 instead of less than 1,100. I will try and make it up today.

Weeks goals:

*Drink 12 oz of water with each meal: Yes, Yes, Yes
*Walk daily: Yes, yes, yes
*Eat less than 1,100 calories a day: Yes, Yes, 1,182 no
*Walk stairs (2 flights) at work 20 times a day/3 days this week: Yes, yes
*Lose at 2 pounds: Hopefully....not so sure this week, I'm so scared that my weight loss will stop and never start again
Old 06-27-2013, 06:19 AM
FitDay Member

Swim At least 5 laps at least 3 times this week [5, 10, and 10 so far]
Log calories/activities [so far so good]
Loose more weight (trying for at least 3 pounds) [so far only 1 pound]
Old 06-27-2013, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator

How's it going losers? I guess I need to update (as best as I can).

Health and Fitness
1) Lose 3 pounds (starting weight 191.4) 189.8 (-1.6), ?
2) Gym 3 times yes, no, yes
3) 3 Liters of water per day yes, yes, no
4) 3 Fruits/veggies per day yes, yes, no
5) 3k Calorie deficit -1233, -404, +???

Other
6) Ban 3 spammers 2, 0, 0
7) Write 3 Policies 0, 0, 1

Walking challenge
3.33 miles x 1
Old 06-27-2013, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RenewedSoul
I am kind of mad at myself. I calculated wrong on calories yesterday and at 1,182 instead of less than 1,100. I will try and make it up today.

Weeks goals:

*Drink 12 oz of water with each meal: Yes, Yes, Yes
*Walk daily: Yes, yes, yes
*Eat less than 1,100 calories a day: Yes, Yes, 1,182 no
*Walk stairs (2 flights) at work 20 times a day/3 days this week: Yes, yes
*Lose at 2 pounds: Hopefully....not so sure this week, I'm so scared that my weight loss will stop and never start again
well that sucks about the miscalculation. At least you weren't off by much.

Originally Posted by ClaireS89
Swim At least 5 laps at least 3 times this week [5, 10, and 10 so far]
Log calories/activities [so far so good]
Loose more weight (trying for at least 3 pounds) [so far only 1 pound]
awesome job on the laps!

Where is everyone? It's only Thursday...
Old 06-27-2013, 11:09 AM
FitDay Member

calories under 1100: M-986 T-2200 W-987 T-922
water 6 glasses a day: Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
exercise 5K a week: M-No T-.5k W-No T-No

I was able to keep out of the kitchen last night and will try my best to do the same tonight. Keep strong everyone.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:44 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Good job on the laps claire and looks like your losing mike. Good luck libby! Im using my phone at a ballgame, so hope this message works.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.