3.) Exercise -
M: Gym - Done
T: Run 4 miles - Done
W: Gym
Th: Run 4 miles
F: Gym
S: Off
Su: Run 5 miles
4.) Finish making plots for journal article - M: working on it, T: pretty done, I think, hopefully nobody notices that I don't have one of my axes labelled...
5.) Start writing article in earnest - M: ish, T: ish
6.) Get my basals on my insulin pump sorted out - M: getting there?, T: made further adjustments

Are there any other tennis fans out there??? I'm loving Wimbledon, it's my favorite time of the sports year!

Mike, thanks for the advice on the half, I'll keep it in mind as I ramp up.

Last edited by bojibridge; 06-26-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:55 AM
FitDay Member

Epixi - congrats on the 20+ pound loss!!! I've been working my arms too. I'm pretty sure it was Donna who inspired me to do that when she talked about her arm exercises.

Originally Posted by Dad_in_FL
.... If I can change some bad habits (or get rid of them entirely) and create some new good habits over the next 30-60 days, I am hoping that gives me the momentum I need to stay with it.
Welcome, Dad in FL! I think you're so right about the habits. My short-term goal is to lose weight, but my long-term goal is to develop and maintain good eating and exercise habits, which lead to the ultimate goal of being healthy. I've found both logging my food and reporting in here about how I'm doing with my goals, great for keeping me motivated and accountable.

Claire - how interesting that you used to be a lifeguard. I love to swim. It was swimming in January at the resort where my son got married that got me going on getting fit. I felt so good swimming that it made me WANT to lose weight and get fit. I swim mostly breast stroke too. I can swim breast stroke for hours (literally). When I first started swimming at my local pool last month, I was swimming 98% breast stroke and 1% crawl. Then I built up to 10% crawl.

After watching the Arthur video, I was inspired to work more on my crawl to get it to feel as natural and easy to me as the breast stroke. Now I'm up to 35% crawl. It still doesn't feel easy or natural, but if I keep at it, I'll find my rhythm.

Ian - 500 calories is a lot to burn. I couldn't manage that without running or swimming.

Joanna - I like to play tennis, but don't care much about watching.
---------
1. Avg under 1400/day calories for week 1412, 1369
2. Avg 45-min day extra movement 65, 55
3. No white flour, sugar foods N, Y
4. 3 cups of green tea daily Y
Old 06-26-2013, 05:16 AM
FitDay Member

calories under 1100: M-986 T-2200
water 6 glasses a day: Yes, Yes
exercise 5K a week: M-No T-.5k

After I posted my calories last night I had a full blown binge. Nothing was enough. I am truly a stress eater, worried about the CT scan today. They had to put dye into my vein to see my kidney and find where the blood is coming from. Now I have to wait till next week to see the doctor. My back is really hurting today. I will try to do better today.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone - still not on track obviously but still here.... or trying to be. Water intake has been good - not great.

So tired..... im in the biggest depression right now. You all seem like you have so much energy and good for you but I'm failing at life. I believe this has everything to do with my weight. I'll get back here mind, body and soul but its going to take a while.

Wish you all the best of luck this week! I'll try to make goals for next week.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

Epic hugs, Jho.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:05 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I feel your pain Jho... big hugs to you.
breathe deep and take it one step, one moment, one day at a time.
reach out when you feel the need.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, take care of yourself. I hope the doctors figure out what's wrong and how to help you.

Jho - you have a great quote in your signature - keep reading it! Just keep doing whatever your plan is, one day at a time. Make some daily goals if you haven't already. Then focus on meeting your goals each day. For me, looking at long-term changes and goals was too discouraging. But I set some simple goals and could concentrate on trying to make my goals each day. Each day I meet your goals is a success, regardless of whether I lose any weight.

Energy-wise, I think there's often a spiraling effect. When you cut the crap out of your diet and eat more healthful foods, you often have more energy. When you start to exercise, you start to feel more energetic and want to do more.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:31 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Aw Jho, I will be thinking of you.

Weeks goals:

*Drink 12 oz of water with each meal: Yes, Yes
*Walk daily: Yes< yes
*Eat less than 1,100 calories a day: Yes, Yes
*Walk stairs at work 20 times a day/3 days this week: Yes
*Lose at 2 pounds: Hopefully....
Old 06-26-2013, 11:51 AM
FitDay Member

Ian: you start where you are at, I am sure that's what Arthur did. If you have set yourself "too big" a goal then you have to adjust it. Even if you have the physical stamina to do the 500 cal exercise something is missing, time, will, energy, support, something. Arthur clearly did not "start out" with headstands. I feel the same way about people setting goals to do things they hate, like run or go to the gym. You have to like your chosen activity. As you may have noticed, some of us here love swimming. Seriously how do you think I get up at 5:30 am to go swimming? Clearly I love it.

Libby: the dye literally does "hurt" your kidneys, but they obviously need it in order to find the problem. Sounds like you probably have an impassable stone. That's relatively easy to fix. Don't hurt yourself further while you are worrying about it.

Jho: I really think that the "secret" to life is the active pursuit of your own values. Once you identify your own values, you set achievable goals so at the end of the day you know acted in accordance with your own values. If for instance you value your health, what would you do differently? Set achievable goals. Remove the barriers.

Welcome Dad, hopefully you will find what you need here. This support network has been great for me.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:00 PM
FitDay Member

calories under 1100: M-986 T-2200 W-987
water 6 glasses a day: Yes, Yes, Yes,
exercise 5K a week: M-No T-.5k W-No

Your well wishes mean a lot to me. Today went much better and if I stick to water this evening I won't have to adjust my calories for the day. I wish I could join in on the 10k challenge but I have to wait till I get the all clear from my doctor. Till then I'll keep my calories in check. Keep up the good work every one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.