Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 04:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 7,380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydave86 View Post
I like it! No doubt this will turn into a 3 for all

I need to lose 2lbs per week over the next 14 and bit weeks to hit my first long term goal.

Because I have a holiday, a stag do and a Wedding within the next 3 months I know that realistically I need to smash out some high scoring weeks and get myself well ahead of schedule.

I'm looking to lose minimum of 2lbs but am setting my sights on a big week.

Training in the woods tonight, punchbag and bodyweight exercises tomorrow. Rest Wednesday. Run with stops for pull ups, sit ups, push ups, beam jumps, back row and more sit ups Thursday. Rest Friday. Then hundreds of stairs with kettlebell carrys and slalom running down hill, followed by some parachute sprints.

Just really need to keep my eating in check this week.
Were you on here a while back with a similar username? If so, I remember you.
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 7,380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmartz View Post
Mike: Lovin' the theme. One nit it pick: shouldn't that be three veggies/fruits? (The fruits are easy. Veggies, not so easy.)


- Donna
It's either or, or a combination of them. Veggies are probably easier for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by episode2011 View Post
I don't think I've ever seen the Moti-Thread started so early! Thanks, Mike, for getting the ball rolling this week!

Oh and Mike, you've given me another goal -- I have to find something for the 3 theme. Will get back to ya on that .
Yeah, I figured I'd get us off to an early start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocialapcia View Post
Mike: Iím sitting here staring at the Count, with this big grin all over my face, visions of drei little pigs, trois bears and три billy goats dancing in my headÖ(google translate, remember?)
Don't think I need google for those three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolynnq View Post
So I have to give credit where credit is due - Mike's strategy of having me log in to see that I'm banned for life from the forum seems to have worked.

3??? I'll have to think of a 3 goal. They only have early morning swims twice a week, and it's hard for me to go at the other times. I'll have to come back to that.

Mike - re your 3-policy goal. At first, since it followed "ban 3 spammers," I thought you were going to write 3 policies for the forums - like maybe at least one post a day has to be in poem form.
Haha, keeping you on your toes. The 3 policies is for work. It'll be VERY difficult. I haven't don't 3/week in probably 6 months.
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 7,380
Default

two spammers and it's not even lunch time on day one.
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
bojibridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 516
Default

Hey, guys!

So, Tori came and found me a couple of weeks ago via PM, so I figured I'd join back in.

I'm doing pretty well. I'm training for a half marathon right now. I'm hoping to drop about 10 lbs pretty quickly here, because I'm meeting up with a friend mid-July whom I haven't seen since I started losing weight (over 2 years ago now, but who's counting?) So I set a goal to be back at my lowest weight by the time I saw her. Anyway, I'll post some goals, I suppose:

1.) c. 1200-1400 calories/day
2.) Drink 64 oz. water/day
3.) Exercise -
M: Gym
T: Run 4 miles
W: Gym
Th: Run 4 miles
F: Gym
S: Off
Su: Run 5 miles
4.) Finish making plots for journal article
5.) Start writing article in earnest
6.) Get my basals on my insulin pump sorted out

It's good to be back. Thanks, Tori, for the PM. Honestly, back in January, when I think it was that I was last here, I needed a break. I was pushing myself too hard and expecting too much. I haven't gained too much weight since I left, a few lbs, but nothing I can't recover from. Cheers to a good week.
__________________
Joanna

Starting weight: 192.0 lbs (6/19/2011)
Lowest weight: 154.6 (6/25/2012)
Current weight: 164.4 lbs (10/28/2013)
Total lost: 27.6 lbs
Goal: 132 lbs
bojibridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 7,380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojibridge View Post
Hey, guys!

So, Tori came and found me a couple of weeks ago via PM, so I figured I'd join back in.

I'm doing pretty well. I'm training for a half marathon right now. I'm hoping to drop about 10 lbs pretty quickly here, because I'm meeting up with a friend mid-July whom I haven't seen since I started losing weight (over 2 years ago now, but who's counting?) So I set a goal to be back at my lowest weight by the time I saw her. Anyway, I'll post some goals, I suppose:

1.) c. 1200-1400 calories/day
2.) Drink 64 oz. water/day
3.) Exercise -
M: Gym
T: Run 4 miles
W: Gym
Th: Run 4 miles
F: Gym
S: Off
Su: Run 5 miles
4.) Finish making plots for journal article
5.) Start writing article in earnest
6.) Get my basals on my insulin pump sorted out

It's good to be back. Thanks, Tori, for the PM. Honestly, back in January, when I think it was that I was last here, I needed a break. I was pushing myself too hard and expecting too much. I haven't gained too much weight since I left, a few lbs, but nothing I can't recover from. Cheers to a good week.
Welcome back Joanna! Where and when is the race?
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
two spammers and it's not even lunch time on day one.
Better change your goal to 3 a day!
__________________
------------------
Age 61, Height 5'9"
March 2010 145 lbs, Jan 2013 173 lbs
1st Goal 145 lbs 5/25
New goal 140
carolynnq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
ClaireS89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 44
Default

Got to the pool today. Only six laps (2 crawl, 4 breaststroke), but I'm feeling like this week is off to a good start!
__________________
Age 25, Height 5'7"
Goal 250 lbs by 03/26/14
Start date: 02/11/14
Start weight: 262.2 lbs.
Current weight: 260.8 lbs.
ClaireS89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,999
Default

OK I'm back. Joanna, welcome back! Tori found me too. and there there was that bullying from Mike... To quote Mike Hello you all...umm that might be hi y'all.

Ok so I can't respond to the posts yet cause I am pursuing my goals, which are:

3) Eat mindfully and less
3) stretch daily
3) take magnesium/malic acid twice a day
3) more water
3) get to the gym, even if just for 3 haha I mean 15 minutes
3) write
3) meditate
3) practice Spanish

So 3 goals. In honor of Mike. It was truly a 3 for all. That WAS clever, Dave.
__________________
Hope

Last edited by canary52; 06-24-2013 at 07:25 PM.
canary52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
bojibridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
Welcome back Joanna! Where and when is the race?
In Chicago, in September.
__________________
Joanna

Starting weight: 192.0 lbs (6/19/2011)
Lowest weight: 154.6 (6/25/2012)
Current weight: 164.4 lbs (10/28/2013)
Total lost: 27.6 lbs
Goal: 132 lbs
bojibridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 7,380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canary52 View Post
OK I'm back. Joanna, welcome back! Tori found me too. and there there was that bullying from Mike... To quote Mike Hello you all...umm that might be hi y'all.

Ok so I can't respond to the posts yet cause I am pursuing my goals, which are:

3) Eat mindfully and less
3) stretch daily
3) take magnesium/malic acid twice a day
3) more water
3) get to the gym, even if just for 3 haha I mean 15 minutes
3) write
3) meditate
3) practice Spanish

So 3 goals. In honor of Mike. It was truly a 3 for all. That WAS clever, Dave.
She's alive! We were chanting your name last week to see if you'd show up. I guess you got a late message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojibridge View Post
In Chicago, in September.
Awesome, have fun. Is this your first?
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2