Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7-Day Motivational Thread 06.17 thru 06.23----NO EXCUSES! >

7-Day Motivational Thread 06.17 thru 06.23----NO EXCUSES!

Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 06.17 thru 06.23----NO EXCUSES!

Old 06-20-2013, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

Last night was our year end Quilters Guild meeting and pot luck. I decided to go because all I had to do was sit there. When it came time for the pot luck I got a glass of water and sat down. A few of the ladies commented on my restraint so I said I couldn't eat after 7pm. and everything was fine. There were two long tables filled with all manner of desserts and I didn't even have one bite. If I can do it you can do it. Weight this AM 180.8
Old 06-20-2013, 12:54 AM
FitDay Member

Walking challenge accepted.
10 miles till Sunday night - for me the first installment happens at lunch today.

yey!
Old 06-20-2013, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

Robin-I didn't actually mean that we HAD to do all three, just suggesting it for those who don't care to walk or run. Everyone is different in which exercises they prefer. Just throwing out options for everyone. I personally don't swim very well, so that part of a "tri" is out for me. But I know there ARE swimmers here, and didnt want them to think "Hey, you MUST walk or run to participate". Exercise and miles is all that matters.

Gonna get back to work. Will update from yesterday when I can.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dmartz
If there were only more poetry in this forum... maybe Hope would return!
Hope needs to get up and quit being a slouch
The first step is to get her back off that couch
I just called her out, this much is true
As Donna struggles to hit 50g of protein, I call her out too
I call out this one, that one and the other
If Tori doesn't get her act together, I'll call out her mother
When it comes to poetry, I can't do much braggin'
When I look at my diet... I've been off the wagon
Old 06-20-2013, 04:08 AM
FitDay Member

Mike - if that poem doesn't bring Hope back, I don't know what will.

I'm also missing Epixi. And Mern, Jezzie, and Cassie.

Libby - good job on holding back on the food and congrats on the weight loss!

Robin - sorry, I don't have the time to do the walking challenge. My pool only has early bird swimming twice a week too. I normally do 50 lengths, which I just calculated out to be 7/10 of a mile, so I'd never make 10 miles. Have fun at your son's graduation - and congratulations to him!

Ian - good job on the calories and alcohol. Now get moving!

Donna - I find going to a gym a psychological barrier too. For me, it's a 10-15 min drive. I'd always put it off and end up not going and not getting any exercise. I realized I don't need a gym or any fancy equipment, I just need to get moving and make it a habit. I can walk; I can run; I can do workouts; I can lift weights; etc. If a gym were nearby, I'd consider it again.

-------
1. 45 min extra movement a day (avg over week) 35, 65, 50
2. avg 1400 calories or less 1307, 1359, 1125
3. avoid white flour, sugar items Y, Y, N (one piece of chocolate)
Old 06-20-2013, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

Speaking of challenges, if anyone would be up to a crunch or squat challenge or something like that, I'd join in.

This site has monthly challenges with a printable calendar. I did their squat challenge last month. This month it's crunches. But they've got calendars for previous months on their site, so you can choose what exercise you want to work on.

30-Day Ab Challenge
Old 06-20-2013, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

Don't underestimate how much 50 lengths is, it's probably more calories than a 1.5 hour walk or 1 hour jog! Swimming is pretty much the epitomy of exercise.

Lol @ the ab challenge, I don't think I should enter that, I do 900 on days that I feel like working out (admittedly it's not more than once or twice a week)
Old 06-20-2013, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

To each his or her own, but I could never understand how gyms could be fun - all that horrible noise - blasting loudspeakers, iPods and screaming instructors.
I live very close to a very upscale sports club and still shiver at the memories of the day when I foolishly considered membership and took a tour. Even yoga seemed loud.
But then I live in the woods and don't own a TV, so I probably have a different base noise level...
Do people need the stimulation to get energized?
Old 06-20-2013, 05:31 AM
FitDay Member

Ian - Ha! Well, if we deed an ab challenge, the rest of us would only have to do 10% of what you where doing. Some weeks I do 900 crunches. But I've gone more to doing planks. The one day I did a couple of hundred crunches, the next nay it hurt when I laughed or sneezed.

Kocia - I don't know if people need stimulation to get exercised, or if they figure if they pay for a gym membership, they'll use it (though most stop after a month or two).
Old 06-20-2013, 05:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kocialapcia
To each his or her own, but I could never understand how gyms could be fun - all that horrible noise - blasting loudspeakers, iPods and screaming instructors.
I live very close to a very upscale sports club and still shiver at the memories of the day when I foolishly considered membership and took a tour. Even yoga seemed loud.
But then I live in the woods and don't own a TV, so I probably have a different base noise level...
Do people need the stimulation to get energized?
I don't need the stimulation, in fact I hate the noise, but unfortunately if I want to walk, I have to go to the gym. BossMan likes to follow, and I'm not keen on him getting to know the roads very well. He has a tendency to roam. Which isn't good for a little dog on busy roads. What I've learned to do is just plug in my ear buds, throw on my "time to lose weight" tunes and walk. I despise treadmills and gyms. I much prefer walking outside with grass, and trees, and if Boss wasn't so wild I would leash him and make him walk with me. But that's a mistake I only did once. But I gotta do what I gotta do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.