Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7-Day Motivational Thread 06.17 thru 06.23----NO EXCUSES! >

7-Day Motivational Thread 06.17 thru 06.23----NO EXCUSES!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 06.17 thru 06.23----NO EXCUSES!

Old 06-18-2013, 08:23 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hello Claire! Nice to meet you and good luck this week.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RenewedSoul
I cannot type much, because I am so busy with work and all the kids tournament baseball games every evening. I can't keep track of where I am going.
I remember those days - both fondly and it still makes me tired thinking about it! Maybe you could do some walking during the games - only when your kids are on the bench, of course.

Originally Posted by ClaireS89
Hi all! My name is Claire.

This weeks goals (Starting a bit late).

1. Get myself down to the pool and register!
2. Log all food and activities.
3. Swim at least 5 laps at least twice this week (Starting small, aim to improve.)
Welcome, Claire. It's never too late to jump in. Good goals! I never got myself down to the pool to register, so my kids gave me a season pass for Mother's Day. I wish I had done it for myself earlier. I see you're from Texas. We lived in Fort Worth for 3 years (my oldest was born there) and loved it. Moved back to Calif. for job and to be close to our families, but I would have been very happy staying there.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:13 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Thank you Carolyn for the great tip. I think I will try walking at the games. I am also looking into buying a treadmill for work. It seems like I am always here at work. I could walk on my breaks and during lunch time.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:48 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks all for your words of welcome!

Made it to the pool, registered, and did my laps (not as well as I should have liked, but what can you do?)
Old 06-18-2013, 10:47 AM
FitDay Member

RenewedSoul - that would be great if you could get a treadmill for work - especially for days when it's too hot, cold, or wet outside. If you work in a building with stairs, going up and down stairs is a great workout.

Claire - boy, when you say you're going to do something, you jump right in (in this case, both figuratively and literally!). Don't worry about how well you did it, the important thing is that you DID it, and if you keep at it, you'll get better.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

Carolyn- here's the scoop on the skinny b- Canadian made, according to the package "the world's most amazing breakfast cereal." organic chia, hulled hemp hearts and buckwheat. No gluten. It's weird looking and you keep it in the fridge. When you want some you have to mix it with milk (e.g. almond) or yogurt and let it sit for 5 minutes. And it expands. I mixed mine with low fat plain greek yogurt and threw in some raspberries. It tasted great, like seeds I guess. And get this: one serving is 130 cals, 7 g of fat (mostly omega 3 and 6), 11g carbs, 5 grams fibre and 7 grams protein.

Goals:
1. Rolling average <1400 cals: M-1274, T-1209
2. 1 green tea/day: M-Y, T-Y
3. Increase Omega 3: M-Y, T-Y
4. Do some kinda exercise this week: M-walked 1.5k, T-lap swim

Welcome Claire! Wishing you success!

Renewed soul, perhaps it is time to re-visit the idea of a walking challenge. That SO works for me. You set your goal for the week (e.g., 10k) and we check in with each other. Some regulars here used to do this but it fell off, myself I was having back problems. Anyway, I do find that to be a very great motivational tool. Even if all the walking happens on Sunday lol.

Last edited by Robingen; 06-18-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:26 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carolynnq
Claire - boy, when you say you're going to do something, you jump right in (in this case, both figuratively and literally!). Don't worry about how well you did it, the important thing is that you DID it, and if you keep at it, you'll get better.
Thanks! Now, if only I can stay on track.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:37 PM
FitDay Member

MY GOALS:
· Calorie average under 1800 (195 from Cabernet. That’s just a measly 8 fl oz)
M- 1724, only 122 from Cab, (5oz was all), T -1602

· In addition to what I normally do exercise-wise, one extra physical activity this week.
M- no - the week is still young, no? T - no, gotta check out youtube - thanks for the tip Carolyn!
Old 06-18-2013, 02:27 PM
FitDay Member

Feeling sick again. More medical tests next week.
Water 6 glasses: yes, no
Calories under 1100: M-1190 T-1338
Exercise 5k: 1.47k 0k
Old 06-18-2013, 02:36 PM
FitDay Member

1) log everything (including activities, no excuses)--yes, yes
2) water (84.5oz/day, that's ONLY five 16.9oz bottles, no excuses)--no, JASE!
3) go to the gym and lift weights with WHN (at least once, no excuses)--no, no
4) lose 1 pound (no excuses)--?, ?
5) walk 4 miles (no excuses)--0, 0

Still haven't gone to the gym to get any miles in. It's been pouring down rain for two days and once I'm home in that kind of weather, I don't go back out in it. It's a 20 minute drive to the gym in perfect weather...it would take 45 in the rain we've had. Poor Boss Man hasn't been out of his dog house all evening. Haven't weighed myself yet, so no update on #4. I have serious scale obsession, I'm trying to break myself of it. And #3 looks like it's going to be void. BF has to work this weekend. Maybe Sunday if he's off. We'll see.

Had a SUPER busy day today at work and was super cranky. I'm behind on chores at home and just stressed. Most days when I leave work, I go by parents to see The Jassi Cat. There are days that I'm not getting home until close to 9pm. And that's after leaving the house in the morning at 6:45. BF goes to school in the morning and then work from 3-11 in the evenings/nights. It's hard for us to do a whole lot around the house during the week. I normally do most of the laundry on Sundays, but I boycotted this past Sunday and boy could you tell. I got all of the dirties together last night and had 3 overflowing laundry bags. I've worked on those pretty much all night. I also cleaned out the fridge, washed all the dishes (there were quite a few bowls and such in the fridge) and put away the groceries. I got a really good deal on a boneless pork loin half and split chicken breast. $1.49 lb for the pork and $0.88 lb for the chicken. I cut the pork into chops and boneless ribs and deboned the chicken, separated everything into freezer bags for easy thawing at a later date. I hate buying large quantities of meats and leaving them in the original packaging. With just the two of us, it's easier to break it down to meal sized bags. I've stil got a little over 3 lbs of ground beef to portion out, but it'll wait till tomorrow.

Like I said....busy day. But at least I was productive. Gonna go check the towels in the dryer and then hit the sheets. Catch y'all tomorrow. Will try to do a catch up with each of you personally.

Nighty Night

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.