Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7-Day Motivational Thread 06.17 thru 06.23----NO EXCUSES! >

7-Day Motivational Thread 06.17 thru 06.23----NO EXCUSES!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 06.17 thru 06.23----NO EXCUSES!

Old 06-17-2013, 09:15 AM
FitDay Member

Kocia - welcome! So glad you joined in. Good goals! It all pretty much comes down to calories and exercise. It's amazing how quickly 5 lbs can go on -- and then how hard it is to come off.

Edited to add:
Mike, there have been several studies that have found that people who take vitamins have an increased risk of dying. However, a lot of the effect might be because people who are feeling poorly (and already ill) may be more likely to take vitamins than healthy people.

Last edited by carolynnq; 06-17-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by carolynnq

Edited to add:
Mike, there have been several studies that have found that people who take vitamins have an increased risk of dying. However, a lot of the effect might be because people who are feeling poorly (and already ill) may be more likely to take vitamins than healthy people.
Thanks for confirming that I shouldn't be taking my vitamins. I already feel like I'm going to live longer now.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

C'mon everyone! Lets start calling for Hope and see if she shows up. "Oh Hope, where are you?" C'mon everyone... all at once... "Ohhhh Hoooope, where are yoooouuu?".
Old 06-17-2013, 10:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
C'mon everyone! Lets start calling for Hope and see if she shows up. "Oh Hope, where are you?" C'mon everyone... all at once... "Ohhhh Hoooope, where are yoooouuu?".
I'll join in. I was thinking about Hope earlier today.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:30 AM
FitDay Member

Didnt we say no excuses? The "the doctor said...." bit sounds a LOT like an excuse to me.

HHHOOOPPPPEEEEE!!!! WHERE ARE YYYOOOOOUUUUUU?!?!?!?!?!
Old 06-17-2013, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Didnt we say no excuses? The "the doctor said...." bit sounds a LOT like an excuse to me.

HHHOOOPPPPEEEEE!!!! WHERE ARE YYYOOOOOUUUUUU?!?!?!?!?!
Okay, let me see if I have this right... Aparently I wasn't paying attention when I dropped the hammer on c-dizzle...

Dang! I'm back in. I thought I'd be able to brag that I was kicked out of a forum and banned for life. Mike - if you had taken your vitamins last week as Tori tried to get you to do, maybe your hammer would have fallen in the right place.

Hello, jho. It's good you came back!

epixi - I think I'd go crazy trying to keep on top of sodium, protein, etc. Good for you for doing it. I have enough problems just keeping track of calories. I know I'm eating good foods, so I'm thinking that maybe when I get to a final weight, I'll start looking at other things.

Libby - good for you for getting into the 170s! Losing a pound in a week IS good progress.

Renewed Soul, congrats on the 29 lb weight loss! Even though you say you still have a lot to go, that's still a big accomplishment. I like to visualize the lost weight as 5 lb bags of flour. I bet you can feel a difference in ease of movement.

Edited because I was so interested in what you guys were saying, I forgot my goals:
1. 45 min extra movement a day (avg over week)
2. avg 1400 calories or less
3. avoid white flour, sugar items
Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Hahahahaha Bubba, you got called out. Hahahahahahahaha
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Actually at my last Dr. visit he said that vitamins can actually reduce the affect of my adderall.
I didn't take my vitamins because my doctor said it diminishes the affect of my medicine that helps me pay attention. Soooo... it's safe to assume that if I WERE taking my vitamins that I wouldn't have caught that I actually banned her and get it fixed (my attention would have been even worse). Right?
Old 06-17-2013, 11:22 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Monday everyone. Hope? Are you there? Lurking?

Mike that's hilarious that you banned (hammer down) on Carolynnq. I wonder what kind of message she received from fitday "You are permanently banned from Fitday for spamming" hahahahaha. Imagine the shocked expression. Anyway Carolyn glad you made it back.

Welcome Kocia. Yes I think you will enjoy yourself here. Nothing like a little banter to entertain our weightloss efforts.

Libby! Shock! 1.8 pounds is great........I am lucky to get 1 pound/week. The closer you get to goal the slower it goes.

Having a grad party (family gathering) Thursday for my son. Lasagna, baguette and cake, that's what he wants. Parties, banquets, tough couple of weeks. Thankfully I am using a rolling average.

Goals:
1. Rolling average <1400 cals: M-1274
2. 1 green tea/day: M-Y
3. Increase Omega 3: M-Y
4. Do some kinda exercise this week: M-walked 1.5k
Old 06-17-2013, 11:25 AM
FitDay Member

Last week was good for a lot of us. YAY. Lets see if we can do it again.
Water 6 glasses: yes,
Calories under 1100: M-1069
Exercise 5k: 1.47k

HOPE WHERE ARE YOU. Did you hear me yelling?
Old 06-17-2013, 11:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Robingen

Mike that's hilarious that you banned (hammer down) on Carolynnq. I wonder what kind of message she received from fitday "You are permanently banned from Fitday for spamming" hahahahaha. Imagine the shocked expression. Anyway Carolyn glad you made it back.
When I logged in and clicked the link for the forums, I got a screen that said something like:
You have been banned from forum participation.
Reason: Spam
When you may return: Never

I was shocked. First I thought maybe it was a forum glitch, and it was happening to everybody. But, no, other people seemed to be posting just fine. Then I thought someone must have hacked my account and been posting spam (that was fresh on my mind as my husband's email acct was hacked last week), so I searched for posts by me in the last week. But, no, there weren't any new posts since Friday. I started wondering what I did that got me banned, and figured maybe I could use the time I spend on the boards for exercising. Then I saw Mike's post.

After thinking about it, I've come to the conclusion that Mike was concerned about my being at this darn weight plateau for weeks, and he banned me to get my metabolism speeded up! If I start losing again this week, the credit goes to Mike.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:28 PM
FitDay Member

After thinking about it, I've come to the conclusion that Mike was concerned about my being at this darn weight plateau for weeks, and he banned me to get my metabolism speeded up! If I start losing again this week, the credit goes to Mike.
hahahaha.....I hope you are right.

Hey, has anybody ever tried "skinny B" cereal. Bought some today for the first time. I plan to try it in the am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.