Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #21 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 334
Default

Kocia - welcome! So glad you joined in. Good goals! It all pretty much comes down to calories and exercise. It's amazing how quickly 5 lbs can go on -- and then how hard it is to come off.

Edited to add:
Mike, there have been several studies that have found that people who take vitamins have an increased risk of dying. However, a lot of the effect might be because people who are feeling poorly (and already ill) may be more likely to take vitamins than healthy people.
__________________
------------------
Age 61, Height 5'9"
March 2010 145 lbs, Jan 2013 173 lbs
1st Goal 145 lbs 5/25
New goal 140

Last edited by carolynnq; 06-17-2013 at 09:21 PM.
carolynnq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #22 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 7,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolynnq View Post

Edited to add:
Mike, there have been several studies that have found that people who take vitamins have an increased risk of dying. However, a lot of the effect might be because people who are feeling poorly (and already ill) may be more likely to take vitamins than healthy people.
Thanks for confirming that I shouldn't be taking my vitamins. I already feel like I'm going to live longer now.
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:38 PM   #23 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 7,384
Default

C'mon everyone! Lets start calling for Hope and see if she shows up. "Oh Hope, where are you?" C'mon everyone... all at once... "Ohhhh Hoooope, where are yoooouuu?".
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
C'mon everyone! Lets start calling for Hope and see if she shows up. "Oh Hope, where are you?" C'mon everyone... all at once... "Ohhhh Hoooope, where are yoooouuu?".
I'll join in. I was thinking about Hope earlier today.
__________________
------------------
Age 61, Height 5'9"
March 2010 145 lbs, Jan 2013 173 lbs
1st Goal 145 lbs 5/25
New goal 140
carolynnq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:30 PM   #25 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
ToriD1012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boiling Springs, SC
Posts: 1,202
Default

Didnt we say no excuses? The "the doctor said...." bit sounds a LOT like an excuse to me.

HHHOOOPPPPEEEEE!!!! WHERE ARE YYYOOOOOUUUUUU?!?!?!?!?!
__________________
Tori

FitDay Start-November 6, 2011
FitDay Starting Weight-255 lbs.
Height-5'4"ish
Age-36

Mini Goal Weight-??
Ultimate Goal Weight-TBD

Current Weight-??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When life throws you curveballs, it's up to YOU to decide whether or not you swing away or go down looking. I'm choosing to swing away.

"JUST KEEP SWIMMING"
Dory-Finding Nemo
ToriD1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:41 PM   #26 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
01gt4.6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Slidell, Louisiana
Posts: 7,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriD1012 View Post
Didnt we say no excuses? The "the doctor said...." bit sounds a LOT like an excuse to me.

HHHOOOPPPPEEEEE!!!! WHERE ARE YYYOOOOOUUUUUU?!?!?!?!?!
Okay, let me see if I have this right... Aparently I wasn't paying attention when I dropped the hammer on c-dizzle...


Quote:
Originally Posted by carolynnq View Post
Dang! I'm back in. I thought I'd be able to brag that I was kicked out of a forum and banned for life. Mike - if you had taken your vitamins last week as Tori tried to get you to do, maybe your hammer would have fallen in the right place.

Hello, jho. It's good you came back!

epixi - I think I'd go crazy trying to keep on top of sodium, protein, etc. Good for you for doing it. I have enough problems just keeping track of calories. I know I'm eating good foods, so I'm thinking that maybe when I get to a final weight, I'll start looking at other things.

Libby - good for you for getting into the 170s! Losing a pound in a week IS good progress.

Renewed Soul, congrats on the 29 lb weight loss! Even though you say you still have a lot to go, that's still a big accomplishment. I like to visualize the lost weight as 5 lb bags of flour. I bet you can feel a difference in ease of movement.

Edited because I was so interested in what you guys were saying, I forgot my goals:
1. 45 min extra movement a day (avg over week)
2. avg 1400 calories or less
3. avoid white flour, sugar items
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriD1012 View Post
Hahahahaha Bubba, you got called out. Hahahahahahahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
Actually at my last Dr. visit he said that vitamins can actually reduce the affect of my adderall.
I didn't take my vitamins because my doctor said it diminishes the affect of my medicine that helps me pay attention. Soooo... it's safe to assume that if I WERE taking my vitamins that I wouldn't have caught that I actually banned her and get it fixed (my attention would have been even worse). Right?
01gt4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:22 PM   #27 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 496
Default

Happy Monday everyone. Hope? Are you there? Lurking?

Mike that's hilarious that you banned (hammer down) on Carolynnq. I wonder what kind of message she received from fitday "You are permanently banned from Fitday for spamming" hahahahaha. Imagine the shocked expression. Anyway Carolyn glad you made it back.

Welcome Kocia. Yes I think you will enjoy yourself here. Nothing like a little banter to entertain our weightloss efforts.

Libby! Shock! 1.8 pounds is great........I am lucky to get 1 pound/week. The closer you get to goal the slower it goes.

Having a grad party (family gathering) Thursday for my son. Lasagna, baguette and cake, that's what he wants. Parties, banquets, tough couple of weeks. Thankfully I am using a rolling average.

Goals:
1. Rolling average <1400 cals: M-1274
2. 1 green tea/day: M-Y
3. Increase Omega 3: M-Y
4. Do some kinda exercise this week: M-walked 1.5k
__________________
Robin

Fitday start date 12/9/12
Fitday start weight 190
Highest weight Jan 2009 218
Lowest weight Aug 2009 175
Goal 160: ACHIEVED Aug 25/13 (now to figure out how to stay here)

If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten. –Tony Robbins
Robingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:25 PM   #28 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 604
Default

Last week was good for a lot of us. YAY. Lets see if we can do it again.
Water 6 glasses: yes,
Calories under 1100: M-1069
Exercise 5k: 1.47k

HOPE WHERE ARE YOU. Did you hear me yelling?
__________________
4'11 female
HW195 Jan /2013
Final Goal 116
Mini goal 165 - reward hair cut
libby116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:53 PM   #29 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robingen View Post

Mike that's hilarious that you banned (hammer down) on Carolynnq. I wonder what kind of message she received from fitday "You are permanently banned from Fitday for spamming" hahahahaha. Imagine the shocked expression. Anyway Carolyn glad you made it back.
When I logged in and clicked the link for the forums, I got a screen that said something like:
You have been banned from forum participation.
Reason: Spam
When you may return: Never

I was shocked. First I thought maybe it was a forum glitch, and it was happening to everybody. But, no, other people seemed to be posting just fine. Then I thought someone must have hacked my account and been posting spam (that was fresh on my mind as my husband's email acct was hacked last week), so I searched for posts by me in the last week. But, no, there weren't any new posts since Friday. I started wondering what I did that got me banned, and figured maybe I could use the time I spend on the boards for exercising. Then I saw Mike's post.

After thinking about it, I've come to the conclusion that Mike was concerned about my being at this darn weight plateau for weeks, and he banned me to get my metabolism speeded up! If I start losing again this week, the credit goes to Mike.
__________________
------------------
Age 61, Height 5'9"
March 2010 145 lbs, Jan 2013 173 lbs
1st Goal 145 lbs 5/25
New goal 140
carolynnq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:28 AM   #30 (permalink)
FitDay Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolynnq View Post
After thinking about it, I've come to the conclusion that Mike was concerned about my being at this darn weight plateau for weeks, and he banned me to get my metabolism speeded up! If I start losing again this week, the credit goes to Mike.
hahahaha.....I hope you are right.

Hey, has anybody ever tried "skinny B" cereal. Bought some today for the first time. I plan to try it in the am.
__________________
Robin

Fitday start date 12/9/12
Fitday start weight 190
Highest weight Jan 2009 218
Lowest weight Aug 2009 175
Goal 160: ACHIEVED Aug 25/13 (now to figure out how to stay here)

If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten. –Tony Robbins
Robingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2