FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread 06.17 thru 06.23----NO EXCUSES! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/9730-7-day-motivational-thread-06-17-thru-06-23-no-excuses.html)

libby116 06-17-2013 03:42 AM

My son raced another duathlon yesterday and came in 14th over all even with having to change a flat tire in the middle of the race. He could have been in the top three. I'm so proud of my boy. 30yo 6'3, 164 lbs. :D:D:D

ToriD1012 06-17-2013 05:01 AM

Yay Libby's son!!!

RenewedSoul 06-17-2013 05:37 AM

Congrats Libby on the weight loss and entering the 170's category. I can't "weight" :p to get there. Also, I bet you are proud of your son!

I lost 3 pounds and only have 1 more pound until 30 pounds are gone. I am going to focus on walking and drinking water this week. Good luck everyone!

Week's goals:

*Drink 12 oz of water with every meal
*Walk 7 days a week
*Post everything I eat and log in everyday
*Lose 2 or more pounds this week
*Eat less that 1,250 calories a day

carolynnq 06-17-2013 06:27 AM

Dang! I'm back in. I thought I'd be able to brag that I was kicked out of a forum and banned for life. Mike - if you had taken your vitamins last week as Tori tried to get you to do, maybe your hammer would have fallen in the right place. ;)

Hello, jho. It's good you came back!

epixi - I think I'd go crazy trying to keep on top of sodium, protein, etc. Good for you for doing it. I have enough problems just keeping track of calories. I know I'm eating good foods, so I'm thinking that maybe when I get to a final weight, I'll start looking at other things.

Libby - good for you for getting into the 170s! Losing a pound in a week IS good progress.

Renewed Soul, congrats on the 29 lb weight loss! Even though you say you still have a lot to go, that's still a big accomplishment. I like to visualize the lost weight as 5 lb bags of flour. I bet you can feel a difference in ease of movement.

Edited because I was so interested in what you guys were saying, I forgot my goals:
1. 45 min extra movement a day (avg over week)
2. avg 1400 calories or less
3. avoid white flour, sugar items

ToriD1012 06-17-2013 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by carolynnq (Post 99884)
Dang! I'm back in. I thought I'd be able to brag that I was kicked out of a forum and banned for life. Mike - if you had taken your vitamins last week as Tori tried to get you to do, maybe your hammer would have fallen in the right place

Hahahahaha Bubba, you got called out. Hahahahahahahaha

01gt4.6 06-17-2013 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 99885)
Hahahahaha Bubba, you got called out. Hahahahahahahaha

Actually at my last Dr. visit he said that vitamins can actually reduce the affect of my adderall.

Kocialapcia 06-17-2013 07:31 AM

Did somebody say "No excuses"?

I’ve been lurking in the shadows for a while and this group just cracks me up! And now that the heading says “No excuses”, in capital letters nonetheless, it just feels like a good moment to jump in if you’ll have me… You really are a great bunch – funny and supportive. Even though I was just lurking unofficially, reading your posts was something I looked forward to every day.
With me it’s those pesky 5 pounds that come and go… Maybe 6? Kind of afraid to check nowadays…
So let me jump right in and see how a bit of commitment can help my case.
MY GOALS:
· Calorie average under 1800 (195 from Cabernet Sauvignon. That’s just a measly 8 fl oz and there’ve got to be limits on sacrifice…)
· In addition to what I normally do exercise-wise, one extra physical activity this week.
PLAN B (hey – it’s my first official week - I could use some slack!):
Just inhale fewer cumulative calories over the week than I burn, even if it is a tiny number.

Fingers crossed for everybody’s success!
Kocia

01gt4.6 06-17-2013 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Kocialapcia (Post 99888)
Just inhale fewer cumulative calories over the week than I burn, even if it is a tiny number.

Kocia

Welcome aboard. Just log your sleep and you've got yourself a deal.:D

Kocialapcia 06-17-2013 07:46 AM

Haha! I said you guys crack me up, didn't I?

RenewedSoul 06-17-2013 08:29 AM

Welcome Kocialapcia! It took me a couple of observing quietly before I joined this thread, too. It does help with goals and keeps me accountable for my actions.

Thank you Carolynn! Yes, I do feel a lot better and have more energy. Why do I finally feel like I'm covered in a huge pile of flower?!? :eek: Great analogy lol and a way to visualize my weight loss. I do have a lot more to lose, but I know that it is possible. I will not give up.