Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting June 10 -"Little by little does the trick."-Aesop >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting June 10 -"Little by little does the trick."-Aesop

Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting June 10 -"Little by little does the trick."-Aesop

Old 06-10-2013, 04:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default 7-Day Motivational Thread Starting June 10 -"Little by little does the trick."-Aesop

Good morning, everyone. I was away all day yesterday, so will have to go back and catch up on yesterday's posts.

Pretty much the same goals for me:

1. Avg 1400 calories or less for the week
2. Avoid sugar and refined flour foods
3. Avg 45 min extra movement a day
Old 06-10-2013, 07:03 AM
Super Moderator

Good afternoon. I'm in, Tori will be making my goals. Where is everyone?
Old 06-10-2013, 09:12 AM
FitDay Member

Default Wonder Twin Powers Activate!!!

Gotta get this done quick before my internet service goes out again. It's been spotty for days....must be all the crappy weather we've been having.

Tori's Goals
1: Post daily, Monday-Friday (BF is only off Saturday and Sunday, and seeing as how we work opposite shifts during the week, the only time we really see each other is the weekends. I try to stay off the computer as much as possible during that time)
2: Spend 4+ hours with the Jassimonster
3: 6 miles
4: 64 oz water daily
5: Lose 1 pound. Seems modest, but it's better than gaining.
6: Send out mass pm to all the regulars that aren't here.

Mike's Goals
1: Fewer than 50 net carbs daily
2: 128 oz water daily
3: Gym 3 times
4: Take all vitamins & supplements daily
5: Three RAKs

A quick update on me for those that don't know me. I was a regular here for a long while, and had success. Then my BF was stationed overseas and my life went to hell. I was depressed, lonely, and just didn't care to do much other than wallow in the fact that he was gone. There were days that I quite literally spent the entire day crying. I'd wake up crying, and go to bed crying. I had never been so affected by a man. I like to joke that he broke me. Before I met him, I was happy go lucky without a care in the world. Guys came and went, I was happy being me, with or without a man in my life. Then I met him and it all changed. I was the love struck girl that I hated. I tried half heartedly to jump back on the wagon, but until your whole heart and mind is in it, it's just not worth doing. So, I ate as I pleased and I gained weight. A pound here, a pound there. Then he came home this past October. YAY!! Home for good!! He wanted all the foods he hadn't been getting. Mashed potatoes, meatloaf, shepherd's pie, home made cakes, etc etc. Then more pounds started creeping back on. I am currently 30 or so pounds heavier than my lowest weight since joining FitDay. It's my fault. Well, no, actually it's BF's fault for breaking me and making me depressed (we all know that I couldn't blame myself, right Mike). So, here I am again with renewed determination. So, yeah, that's about it. Oh....and for those who don't know...The Jassimonster, The Jassi Cat, or any variation is my baby/kitty, Jasmine, who has to live with my parents for the time being. The landlord at BF and my place doesn't allow inside pets. We did however inherit two outside doggies from BF's niece. When she moved back to her dad's, she left the dogs. Sadly, one of them was flattened by a car....poor Bubba....the other is going to meet the same fate if he's not careful. The one we have left is named Boss. Or The Boss Man, "That stupid dog", and anything else that comes out when I'm talking about him. That's about it I guess.....Oh, and when I get started, I'm pretty long winded

Last edited by ToriD1012; 06-10-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Looks like everyone has tried hard this last week and faced challenges. I lost five pounds last week, and I am hoping for more loss this week. I listed below this week's goals. Good luck everyone!

Week's goals:

*Drink 6 cups of water
*Walk 7 days a week/15 min. a day min.
*Post everything I eat and log in everyday
*Lose 1 pound or more this week
*Eat less that 1,250 calories a day
Old 06-10-2013, 11:12 AM
FitDay Member

Default Goals

• Calories Avg. < 1400 /day:
  • Cholesterol < 200mg:
  • Vegetables > 3 / day:
  • Protein > 50 g / day:
  • Sugar < 50 g / day:
  • Workout > 150 min/wk:
Did not lose one pound last week, but I'm going to try to stick to my usual.
I already know that 2 out of 6 will be a stretch for me this week, but there it is.

- Donna
Old 06-10-2013, 11:34 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for this week:

1. Eat at least 5 meals per day M-6
2. No more than 500 calories per meal M-45/316/380/96/296/811 (bleh)
3. Under 2k calories/day M-1944
4. More than 2.5k calories out/day M-2987 (very inaccurate I think but that's what Fitday reckons)
5. More than 750 calorie difference M-1042
6. Learn 3 Korean things everyday M-조각 engraving/영원 eternity/원한다면 if you want
Old 06-10-2013, 11:45 AM
FitDay Member

Given that A) last week was pretty much a bust and B) this upcoming weekend is Father's Day in the US (is that so in other parts of the world?), there is the potential that this week will also go belly-up. And given this particular belly, that won't be a pretty sight.

Therefore, I'm going to keep the goals boring and same. Not ready to concentrate on shaking things up just yet.

Goals for the Week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!):
  • Maintain adequate daily hydration:
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average between 1200-1550 calories:
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average between 800-1300mg sodium:
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average of at least 16g fiber:
  • Some sort of physical activity 4x during the week: ...(0/4)
  • Study every day:
Old 06-10-2013, 11:59 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Tori......good luck getting in touch with the "regulars"-quite a few of them missing. I like the goals you gave Mike, he should be able to do that!

Renewedsoul congratulations on your loss, that is so excellent. I hope this is sustainable for you. As it's so restricted.

Carolyn, thanks for getting the thread started, whew, west coast right? And no thread starters early this am?

Ian your goals seem very reasonable now, not that any of us will know if that's really Korean or not. I can count to ten in Korean but who knows about the Kanji.

Donna no loss. But it must be helping that you are logging. That whole "if I eat this I have to log it" thing.

Epixi, I think you can do that!

My goals:

1) Rolling average <1400 cals: M-1169
2) One green tea/day: M-Y
3) Increase Omega 3: M-Y
4) Do some exercise: M- walked 2.5k

It's very interesting now that I have lost >20 pounds, to see who does and does not make a comment/complement. Funny how some people are.

Last edited by Robingen; 06-10-2013 at 12:03 PM. Reason: wrong number
Old 06-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

Today has been a bust for me but I'll kill my goals starting tomorrow. Tonight I have pool league and I'm bringing a friend on my team a huge container of jambalaya that's left over from our benefit concert that we had for Johnny yesterday. I guess I can count that as a RAK?
Old 06-10-2013, 02:27 PM
FitDay Member

You caught me Robin I am just copy/pasting random words off Asian websites.

I think my girlfriend might be pregnant, how many calories can I report it as if I suffer a heart attack?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.