Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting June 10 -"Little by little does the trick."-Aesop >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting June 10 -"Little by little does the trick."-Aesop

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting June 10 -"Little by little does the trick."-Aesop

Old 06-12-2013, 02:08 PM
FitDay Member

RenewedSoul--26 lbs gone? w00t w00t! that's what I'm talking about!! good job so far, you may be the inspiration I need to get back on track. looks like your goals are going well so far this week. I need to get my water in, I always do much better when I drink it....i just don't LIKE IT!!

Donna--suffering from inertia love it!!!

ian--so, what did the docs say WAS going on with your GF? and, yeah, the mere thought is enough to give one a heart attack. what's going on with learning Korean? if you don't mind me asking

epi--thanks for the kudos on reaching out to the missing. I know that if it wasn't for Mike, I would have given up long ago. but he nags JUST enough that I never will. goals are looking good so far, keep going! I too like yoga, haven't done Tai Chi and haven't a clue what Navrai is. one of my exes did Tai Chi and it was interesting to watch. he always seemed so mellow afterward

Robin--I didn't want to go too hard on Mike, he did me a good job last week, the least I could do was return the favor. If things keep going the way they are right now, you'll probably get to see one of the Wonder Twins patented competitions.
"I was sarcastically commenting on a couple of specific people who definitely have noticed and are too _____ to say anything"
the acronym that I would use to fill in the blank here is "CS". I'll let y'all figure it out for yourselves

libby--take the 0.4 loss and roll with it!! I maintained last week, which is a positive thing right now. If you keep up with those goals, you'll be in the 170s in no time! The Pizza Monster is one of my favorite Sesame Street characters. right behind the Cookie Monster. What are my dreams? to get out of double digits for the first time since like Jr High School would be nice.

Carolynn--thanks for starting us off. that's some serious suckage about your DH's email, the danish was justified if you ask me HAHAHA, the "mysterious JC" made me chuckle. give it time, you'll be decoding Mike and my acronyms in no time. when he and I get on a roll, it's quite entertaining.

Bubba--I'll get my miles in, don't you worry about me. even if I have to do them on the roads like I used to have to. TBM will just have to follow me and get runneded ober. and dude!!! the vitamins one was a gimme, and you're failing on it? TSK TSK!!!
Old 06-12-2013, 02:18 PM
FitDay Member

1: Post daily, Monday-Friday (BF is only off Saturday and Sunday, and seeing as how we work opposite shifts during the week, the only time we really see each other is the weekends. I try to stay off the computer as much as possible during that time)--yes, yes, yes
2: Spend 4+ hours with the Jassimonster--0, 2, 0 *but I've gotten a LOT of laundry done*
3: 6 miles--0, 0, 0 *plan is to get a few of them done tomorrow*
4: 64 oz water daily--no, no, hahahahahahahahahahahaha
5: Lose 1 pound. Seems modest, but it's better than gaining.--not sure yet, -0.2 so far
6: Send out mass pm to all the regulars that aren't here--one down, got 5 more done tonight

So, the goals so far are a mixed bag. I hope to get 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6 done with "yes"es all week. The water one always trips me up. So, what's going on with me? Not a lot. I go to work, then swing by my parents' place as many times in a week as I can to see TJC, and then I come home and clean/cook/whatever else needs doing around here. BF informed me last night that he's taking Friday night off of work. He's been waiting for Man of Steel to come out, and Heaven forbid he doesn't get to see it :rolls eyes: But it's cool....we're gonna do dinner first and then catch the movie. We haven't had a Date Night with just the two of us since before we went on vacation in early May. Lately it's been me, him, and his sister and her husband. And while, I have nothing AGAINST his sister and her hubby, it's nice to spend time as just the two of us. We even went on vacation with them. So, I'm pretty stoked about it.....

Okay....off to check the clothes in the dryer. Talk to y'all tomorrow!!!

Last edited by ToriD1012; 06-12-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:18 PM
FitDay Member

Today was another good day. I didn't get on the (dreadmill) but I put a lot of elbow grease into cleaning up some old furniture that I found at the road side.
I treated myself with a teaspoon of mint chocolate ice cream (only 12 cal.).
Some times you just need a taste of something that you crave. The trick is to stop after one bite. My calories for the day were under 1000. It's turning out to be a blue week so far.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:40 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby116
Today was another good day. I didn't get on the (dreadmill) but I put a lot of elbow grease into cleaning up some old furniture that I found at the road side.
I treated myself with a teaspoon of mint chocolate ice cream (only 12 cal.).
Some times you just need a taste of something that you crave. The trick is to stop after one bite. My calories for the day were under 1000. It's turning out to be a blue week so far.
OhMyGoodnessGracious....if ONLY I could stop at one bite of something so delicious like mint choc chip ice cream. and a TEASPOON is just a "bite"....hahahahahahaha more like a bowl full
Old 06-12-2013, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

Mike's Goals

1: Fewer than 50 net carbs daily no, yes (49.6), yes (47.9)
2: 128 oz water daily no, no (101.4), no (101.4)
3: Gym 3 times no, yes, no
4: Take all vitamins & supplements daily no, no, no
5: Three RAKs yes, yes, no

Edited: I got up during the night to eat a PB&J sammich

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 06-13-2013 at 04:04 AM.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:51 PM
FitDay Member

I am going into hospital for more medical tests this morning because things still arn't right since I had the kidney problems starting on May 31st. I havent had anything to eat or drink since last night before 7:30 pm. and this morning I could kill for a glass of water or a coffee. It will be noon before I can eat or drink any thing. Wish me l luck.
Tori: Two teaspoons would have led to a bowl full.

Last edited by libby116; 06-12-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

• Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 957, 1060, 1487 - birthday party (not mine)
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 75, 23, 282
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 1, 1, 3
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 52, 53, 119
  • Sugar < 50 g / day: 28, 42, 53
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 60, 5, 60,
Libby: A teaspoon! [Stands, claps...] Best of Luck with your tests!

- Donna

P.S. Robin: I'm not sure I'd want to weight much less than I do now, certainly not more than 5 lbs less. I just don't want to gain.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:54 AM
FitDay Member

Tori - The doctor wasn't very specific, but it could be stress, which I understand since she lives with me. She works 10-14 hours a day, but she doesn't need to worry about things at home since I do 99% of that, but if shes's not pregnant then it's probably the best bet. I still don't trust the doctors though.

I learn Korean because I live in Korea and I need to be able to comunicate with my girlfriend's family, although her sisters can speak just about enough English to get by and I speak just enough Korean to get by, the only problem comes into play when I speak to her parents. But also the fact that almost no one speaks English here it's nice to know a little Korean so I can do more than just order food.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:04 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Week's goals:

*Drink 6 cups of water: no, yes, no
*Walk 7 days a week/15 min. a day min.: yes, yes, no
*Post everything I eat and log in everyday: yes, yes, yes
*Lose 1 pound or more this week: crossing fingers
*Eat less that 1,250 calories a day: yes, yes, yes

Libby: Good luck at the hospital with your medical testing!

Tori: I do not like water either. I have only had water to drink for six weeks. I am trying to make myself like it. lol

Good luck everyone else. The week is half over!
Old 06-13-2013, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

이안, 서명에 귀하의 질문에 대답하기 위해, 내가 미국으로 빨리 실행할 수 있습니다.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.