Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting June 10 -"Little by little does the trick."-Aesop >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting June 10 -"Little by little does the trick."-Aesop

Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting June 10 -"Little by little does the trick."-Aesop

Old 06-10-2013, 02:43 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I only lost .4 of a pound last week but I have high hopes for this week. I want to get out of the 180's and into the 170's by next Monday.
Calories under 1100
Exercise over 5k
Have a great week.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:17 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for getting us up and running, Carolynn!

Originally Posted by Robingen
...It's very interesting now that I have lost >20 pounds, to see who does and does not make a comment/complement. Funny how some people are.
I think some people might be a bit skittish nowadays to make comments unless they have specific knowledge that you're trying. What if the weight-loser has lost weight because they have some serious disease? What if they have depression? What if the weight-loser infers that, "if she says I look good now, does that mean I looked hideous before"? And then, some people are just insensitive, too absorbed in themselves to notice anyone else or are simply unobservant.

In any event, looks like you're off to a good start for the week, Robin! I hope we'll all have a good start (and good end) this week!

Mike, what's RAK?

Goals for the Week:

Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes
Maintain adequate daily hydration: yes
Maintain a 7-day rolling average between 1200-1550 calories: 1546
Maintain a 7-day rolling average between 800-1300mg sodium: 1097
Maintain a 7-day rolling average of at least 16g fiber: 19
Some sort of physical activity 4x during the week: Mon=Tai Chi and Navrai ...(1/4)
Study every day: yes

So far, I've gotten through part 2 of Navrai -- will probably start part 3 on Wednesday/Thursday. I'm only at part 6 of Tai Chi 24-form. Still a long way to go. Taiko and Yoga are both going well, I think. I'm enjoying them and I think I'm getting better at both.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator

Mike's Goals
1: Fewer than 50 net carbs daily no
2: 128 oz water daily no
3: Gym 3 times no
4: Take all vitamins & supplements daily no
5: Three RAKs yes
Old 06-11-2013, 02:27 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by episode2011
Mike, what's RAK?
It's a Random Act of Kindness
Old 06-11-2013, 02:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
It's a Random Act of Kindness
*thumps herself on the forehead* Of course, I should have known that! Thanks!
Old 06-11-2013, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

I posted and ran yesterday. Busy work day. Then in the afternoon, my husband's email got hacked. I'm the IT person around our house, so I was dealing with that. I didn't cook dinner and with the stress of dealing with his computer, I ate a packaged Danish. Calorie wise I was okay, but I still felt bad for not resisting and choosing something better. Eating an apple and some cheese would have been just as easy. I've thought about buying some yellow "crime scene" tape and draping it across my fridge and food cupboards!

Libby, a half pound in a week may not be what you were aiming for, but it IS progress.

Mike, that's great that you let Tori set your goals for the week. Now, get to it today!

Robin, no one's mentioned my weight loss, but being tall-ish, I hide the weight fairly well. I've worn the same clothes for the last 10 years, from 145 to 173. They were, however, getting very snug.

Tori - I enjoyed reading about your story - and finding out who the mysterious JC is!

RenewedSoul - good going on the weight loss. I was watching a show where the participants ate fruits and vegetables for 2 weeks. The idea was to eat as our gatherer ancestors ate. These people lived in an outdoor zoo enclosure during that time! It was cute seeing them show the children what they were eating. (And there was a pretty funny montage of the participants running quickly to the bathroom.) They ate fish once. At the end of the two weeks, they all had big drops in cholesterol levels, salt levels, insulin, etc.

Donna
- I didn't lose any last week either. Is the weight you're stuck at a weight you were at for a long time prior to your weight gain?

Originally Posted by iansteele
I think my girlfriend might be pregnant, how many calories can I report it as if I suffer a heart attack?
I hope that's good news - I'm excited for you. (And if you have a heart attack, at least you'll probably lose some during recovery and after the doctors will put you on a diet.)

Originally Posted by episode2011
I think some people might be a bit skittish nowadays to make comments unless they have specific knowledge that you're trying. What if the weight-loser has lost weight because they have some serious disease? What if they have depression? What if the weight-loser infers that, "if she says I look good now, does that mean I looked hideous before"? And then, some people are just insensitive, too absorbed in themselves to notice anyone else or are simply unobservant.
All good observations. No one has commented on my weight loss despite losing 25 lbs. Well, a couple of weeks ago, my husband suggested I might lose some weight. I was until I realized he was coming at it from a health perspective - he had just read how losing weight reduces the chances for diabetes. On the other hand, no one commented on my weight gain either!

And, epixi, despite your weight loss slow down, look at you with your navrai, yoga, tai chi, and taiko. If you hadn't started your weight loss journey, you probably wouldn't have done some of those. Even though I'm not losing right now, I'm still seeing some changes (like my arms getting firmer).

-------
1. Avg 1400 calories or less for the week - 1329
2. Avoid sugar and refined flour foods N
3. Avg 45 min extra movement a day 40
Old 06-11-2013, 12:56 PM
FitDay Member

My goals:

1) Rolling average <1400 cals: M-1169, T-1193
2) One green tea/day: M-Y, T-Y
3) Increase Omega 3: M-Y, T-Y
4) Do some exercise: M- walked 2.5k, T- swam

Maybe they can put heart attacks (although probably more aptly called a nerve attack) in the activity log lol.

Oh and the comment about who comments on the weight loss and who doesn't I guess I was sarcastically commenting on a couple of specific people who definitely have noticed and are too _____ to say anything (i.e., they see what you are eating and all the effort you are making) while others are being complementary.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by carolynnq
Mike, that's great that you let Tori set your goals for the week. Now, get to it today!
Today has been much better, I think I did a RAK, I hit the gym, I'm only at 18g of carbs so far and I'm about to take my vitamins.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:30 PM
FitDay Member

Tori's Goals
1: Post daily, Monday-Friday (BF is only off Saturday and Sunday, and seeing as how we work opposite shifts during the week, the only time we really see each other is the weekends. I try to stay off the computer as much as possible during that time)--yes, yes
2: Spend 4+ hours with the Jassimonster--0, 2
3: 6 miles--0, 0
4: 64 oz water daily--no, no
5: Lose 1 pound. Seems modest, but it's better than gaining.--not sure yet
6: Send out mass pm to all the regulars that aren't here--one down, quite a few to go

No time for a long post today. Just got home about 30 minutes ago. LONNNGGG DAY! Catch y'all tomorrow.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:32 PM
FitDay Member

Default Tues

• Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 957, 1060
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 75, 23
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 1, 1
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 52, 53
  • Sugar < 50 g / day: 28, 42
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 60, 5
Robin: Yes, I definitely need to do more cardio, but I'm suffering from inertia.
Actually, I wouldn't mind one bit if I can stay at this weight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.