Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread, starting June 3: Starting June with renewed vigor! >

7 Day Motivational Thread, starting June 3: Starting June with renewed vigor!

Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread, starting June 3: Starting June with renewed vigor!

Old 06-06-2013, 10:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RenewedSoul
I used to be a soda addict. I haven't had a pop for 5 1/2 weeks. I thought I would have a hard time, but I'm doing pretty good with it.
Me too! And I have not touched it in 10+ years-never, not even a sip! I don't miss it and I consider it pure evil.

Carolyn- thanks for the info on the sugar- there are so many unhealthy foods that we consider "normal".

Donna- so much to learn about maintenance. And it's so impt. I think I would plan some extra cardio. I always lose a bit on vacation when I walk so much.

Libby glad to hear you are feeling better.

This weeks goals:

1. Cals between 1200 and 1400 (rolling average) 1311, 1292, 1240, 1219
2. One green tea per day. M-Y. T-N (eek forgot), W-3 cups, Th- Y (right now)
3. Increase Omega 3. M-Y, T-Y, W-Y, Th-Y

Doing so good other than forget that one green tea, jeez, what a thing to have red over.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:21 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby116
.... I am always more mindful of what I eat when I exercise....
Me too. If I've just spent a half hour and burned 100 calories, I don't want to undo that time and effort by mindlessly reaching for something I don't really want anyway. And glad you're feeling better!

Originally Posted by RenewedSoul
... I used to be a soda addict. I haven't had a pop for 5 1/2 weeks. I thought I would have a hard time, but I'm doing pretty good with it.
That's fantastic! When I've given something up, the first week or two is often hard. Then I lose the craving.

Originally Posted by Robingen
Me too! And I have not touched it in 10+ years-never, not even a sip! I don't miss it and I consider it pure evil.

...I always lose a bit on vacation when I walk so much.
10+ years without a soda!!! I haven't had a sugar soda in years - I stopped when I read that the average soda has 6 tablespoons of sugar in it. I do have a diet soda now and again.

I always lose on vacation too. At home, I sit at my desk all day. On vacation, if in a city, I walk everywhere. At a resort, I walk, swim, use the gym, etc. One of my sons got married in January at a resort. I had a full year's notice and wanted to lose 15-20 pounds, but couldn't get motivated to lose the weight, and in fact, gained more. At the resort, I swam for hours each day, used the gym, went paddleboarding, walked, and climbed stairs. I felt so good doing all that stuff, that when I came home, I wanted to continue being active and that's when I started back with FitDay.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:33 PM
FitDay Member

Tori's goals
1) Walk 4 miles--0, 2, 0, 1 (total of 3 so far)
2) post daily--yes, yes, yes, yes
3) drink 64 oz water--no, probably not but working on it, no, nope
4) spend at least 3 hours with JC--2, 0, 0, 1.5 (total of 3.5)

Hit the treadmill again to get some miles in. If I weren't so darn tired from yesterday I probably could have done more. I didn't want to go to the gym, and made a ton of excuses not to, BIDIA!! And I feel better for doing so. Gonna go take a quick shower and will be back to check up on everyone. BF won't be home from work until super late, so I have plenty of time to waste.

Back in a bit.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:20 PM
FitDay Member

Busy couple of days. Sorry I haven't really contributed much (Epixi = Slacker) -- haven't even read much. I'm done with food and movement for today (Thursday), so figured I may as well get stats posted now so I can actually catch up and chat tomorrow.

I'm glad you're all here holding down the fort!

Goals for the Week:

Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes, yes, yes, yes
Maintain adequate daily hydration: yes, yes, yes, yes
Maintain a 7-day rolling average between 1200-1550 calories: 1503, 1474, 1624, 1633
Maintain a 7-day rolling average between 800-1300mg sodium: 1301, 1356, 1537, 1468
Maintain a 7-day rolling average of at least 16g fiber: 16, 14, 16, 16
Some sort of physical activity 4x during the week: Mon=Tai Chi and Navrai, Tue=rest, Wed=Tai Chi and Navrai, Thu=Yoga Class ...(3/4)
Study every day: yes, yes, yes, yes

/sigh when I go off-plan, I go off big! Look at all that red!!!
Old 06-07-2013, 12:18 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Goals for the week

*keep calories at a min. of 1,200 and max. of 1,400 yes, yes, yes, yes
*Walk 15 minutes at night yes, yes, yes (jogged a bit too ), yes
*Drink 6 glasses of water at the min. yes, no, yes, yes
*Only eat raw fruits, veggies, seeds, nuts for the week yes, yes, yes, yes

Start date: April 29, 2013
Weight loss as of June 2: -21 pounds
Old 06-07-2013, 01:10 AM
FitDay Member

• Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 1078, 1069, 871, 1071
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 109, 78, 133, 204
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 2, 2, 3, 2
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 53, 42, 48, 86
  • Sugar < 50 g / day: 64, 57, 20, 41
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 55, 10, 55, 10
  • 'Stretch' goal: Loose 2 pounds
So far, so good. But the weekend looms...
Old 06-07-2013, 02:56 AM
FitDay Member

Donna & Renewed Soul - you're both doing great this week.

Originally Posted by ToriD1012

Hit the treadmill again to get some miles in. If I weren't so darn tired from yesterday I probably could have done more. I didn't want to go to the gym, and made a ton of excuses not to, BIDIA!! And I feel better for doing so.
Tori - That's fantastic that you went to the gym even though you didn't feel like it (I had to google BIDIA - "but I did it anyway"). And good to see you posting daily!

Originally Posted by episode2011
Busy couple of days. Sorry I haven't really contributed much (Epixi = Slacker) -- haven't even read much.
You're not a slacker. Real life interfered with my posting for 3 or 4 days last week. That's going to happen. (I do miss your posts though.) Time to jump back on the wagon though and make that red disappear.

I'm stuck at my current weight despite the fact that I'm swimming 50 minutes twice a week now. I just watched at interesting BBC documentary called "Why Aren't Thin People Fat." I'm going to post a summary in new thread later. I learned about some factors that work against some people losing weight. That prompted me to search for more info on setpoints, and some people say that some bodies need to remain at a new setpoint for up to 6 mos before being able to lose more weight. I haven't been below 145 for about 15 years, so maybe this is my setpoint.

------
Goals for the week:
1. Avg less than 1400 calories a day: 1255, 1170, 1041, 1312
2. Avg 45 min exercise a day: 22, 125, 15, 75
3. Small bites, slower eating: so-so
4. No sugar, white flour: Y, Y, N, N (one piece of chocolate)
Old 06-07-2013, 05:32 AM
FitDay Member

Today I used the treadmill again and I did a 20min.walk at a slow pace.
I will increase my pace gradually. I am trying to find a diet to prevent kidney stones and came across the Dash Diet. It's ment to help lower blood pressure. I am also drinking lemon water and cranberry juice. Have a good week end.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:34 AM
FitDay Member

This weeks goals:

1. Cals between 1200 and 1400 (rolling average) 1311, 1292, 1240, 1219, 1176
2. One green tea per day. M-Y. T-N (eek forgot), W-3 cups, Th- Y, F-Y
3. Increase Omega 3. M-Y, T-Y, W-Y, Th-Y, F-Y

I suppose I could have put todays cals on in red (1176) but I am ok with under. Maybe next week I'll word it as maintain rolling average <1400. Work in progress.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby116
Today I used the treadmill again and I did a 20min.walk at a slow pace.
I will increase my pace gradually. I am trying to find a diet to prevent kidney stones and came across the Dash Diet. It's ment to help lower blood pressure. I am also drinking lemon water and cranberry juice. Have a good week end.

My husband has lithrioscopy (sp? - blasting of kidney stones) and the handout said reduce sodium and specifically targets fast foods. Also drink lots of water. Beyond that you need to know the type of stone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.