Notices

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 9 - 15

Old 06-09-2014, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

Default Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 9 - 15

I can't believe it's already mid-June! Another week is upon us and another chance to keep pushing towards our goals. There's was a lot of accountability, motivation and cheering each other on last week. I love the positivity here! Let's keep up the positive vibes and make this week count!

Old 06-09-2014, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

Here's the 30 Day Challenge that some of us are doing. Bea is on day 9 and Aimee and I are on day 8 (Phew! We get a rest today!). Never too late to join in on the fun!!! I believe Libby is joining in this week! Any other takers?

I've put up the challenge here again so we don't have to go back to last week's thread to see the challenge breakdown. Going to be an interesting week!

Last edited by lildebbieg; 06-09-2014 at 02:48 AM.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:15 AM
Super Moderator

I'm not joining in the ab challenge until I have enough core strength to do the exercises properly, but I am cheering on all you doing it! Woohoo!!

Aunt Flo is visiting me at the moment, so my weight can't be trusted (I checked the scale this morning, and it said 184, which is poppycock!). I also have very sore trap and biceps muscles probably causing a tad of inflammation.

On Sunday DH, myself, and two friends did a 15 mile canoe trip down a local river, which accounts for the soreness of my muscles It was a lot of fun and we only capsized once. A tree had it in for us, lol. I did not do my regularly scheduled turbo workout on Sunday because I felt quite confident that the canoeing trip was a good substitute for exercise. It might not have been high-intensity, but we were on the river and paddling for 4+ hours.

This will be my last full week on the thread for a bit as next week I travel to visit family for about 9 days, so I want to make it a good hard week! I am most assuredly sore, but that doesn't mean I can't get in a cardio workout today and go easy on my arms. I'm feeling all messed up because I got up at 3:00 am to take a friend to the airport and got back to my apartment at 5:30 and went back to bed. I'm hoping a slow breakfast and some warm-up moving around will get me feeling pumped up for exercise. I just hope my arms feel better by tomorrow, because I have a strength conditioning workout day planned!

Let's have a great week of motivation and accountability, folks! Woohoo!!

Week Goals:
1) Calorie deficit of 4,000+
2) Protein > 20% of intake every day
3) Water 64 oz. or more daily
4) Exercise 6x this week: Turbo schedule
5) Eat veggies with lunch and dinner
6) Weigh in and report on Friday
Old 06-09-2014, 03:35 AM
FitDay Member

I'm back and motivated. No weight gain from my 8 days in Paris. Could be the walking that kept me in check. Now to get some serious exercise going - but not the 30 day Challenge. I'm looking to get in more walking and back to the Y for workouts on rainy days. Have a good week everyone.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:04 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, thanks for starting!!! Great quote!!!!

Terri, I will miss you when you are gone!!! You've mentioned inflammation number of times, do you suffer from something with it?

Mary (Kumochi) 8 days in Paris!!! Wow!!! Did you have a fabulous time? Welcome back!!!!

I am not joining in the challenge (still can't manage that full sit up lol) but I am DEFINITELY cheering you all on!!!
Old 06-09-2014, 04:07 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) walk or gym 3x at least this week
2) water, 6 glasses min
3) meditate
4) Do not have serious talks before work
5) No meds for sleep, pain, etc.
6) weigh in on Friday only
7) get rid of 5 papers or 3 items
Old 06-09-2014, 04:07 AM
FitDay Member

Mary- nice to see you back with us and congrats on no weight gain while on vacation!
Teri- that canoe trip sounds like so much fun and even better to get in some good exercise as well.
Debbie- thanks for getting us started out and I'm glad we have our rest day today too, lol.

Goals:
1) Drink 5-6 glasses H20 per day
2) Eat 4-5 meals per day
3) workout 5x week
4)Do Ab Challenge
5) Lose 1-2 lbs for Friday weigh in
Old 06-09-2014, 04:44 AM
Super Moderator

Hope: I don't suffer from RA or anything like that (thank goodness!), but I have a tendency to hold water in my joints more than the average bear.

My sports doctor in high school told me that in general, I have loose ligaments and tendons, which means I'm fairly flexible but also means that I have more synovial fluid between most of my joints than the average person. After a workout, where I'm bending and flexing a lot, I just tend to get inflammation because I have more synovial fluid between joints because it's stimulated from all the movement. I also have a tendency to work a little too hard or beyond my current conditioning, which I am always working on

What it means on a day-to-day basis is that I easily get swollen joints doing weight lifting and strength exercises. It's also possible that this runs in my family, as the same thing often happens to my mother and sister. My sister is diagnosed with RA.

Mary, it's awesome to see you back!!!! Glad you did all that walking in PARIS! My envy is palpable!

Aimee: The canoe trip was super fun! A couple of pictures:

This was at our first "pit stop" for lunch, a really nice rocky beach with a log for sitting on (that's DH on the extreme left)

Here's me before the capsizing incident (hat, sunglasses, shirt...):

Annnnnd..... after the capsizing incident (I lost the hat, which was DH's and he was a little upset about, but at least I was wearing a bathing suit! The shirt had to come off too, it was drenched). That's a girlfriend of mine in the background.

Got my cardio in! My right elbow is yelling at me a bit, but overall I feel stretched out, which is good. It's nothing a little ice and heat won't fix.

Trying to get those images to link, but they won't. Weird. Still working on it; have the URLs for now

Last edited by taubele; 06-09-2014 at 05:04 AM.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

Day 9 - Ab Challenge Report

Done!

Situps
Stopped at 25
stopped at 30 (I dunno what to say other than, I HAD to, I just couldn't do another without it)
Stopped at 37
Then finished to 45

Crunches
Did the 30 with n stops or issues

Leg raises
UGHHHHH
stopped every 5 and the last 5 were likely total $hit, but they got done 30 leg raises!

Plank!
this was tough
I almost gave in at 30, but thought, seriously 5 more secs..and you can't do it?!?! SOOO I held on til 36 just cause!

I sooooooooooooo do not want to think about tomorrow. I think I am hitting the point where I dunno if I can keep increasing.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:18 AM
FitDay Member

Bea - If it's too tough to do all the exercises at once, why not split them up throughout the day?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.