Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread, starting May 27: New Week, New Start! >

7 Day Motivational Thread, starting May 27: New Week, New Start!

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread, starting May 27: New Week, New Start!

Old 05-29-2013, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by DMARTZ
Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 2271, 862
862? Hell, what did you eat?
Old 05-29-2013, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Epixi - How do you stay in the blue everyday? You must have some intense fortitude.

BTW, what do you study? And how much? I'm thinking of adding studying to my list but I don't know how much is reasonable per day.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby116
The diet is going well and so is the exercise. I walked 1.71K in 22min.
The weight is coming down but I won't post it till Monday morning.
Question: What do you eat after a work out? I have heard that you should eat protein to repair muscle damage. Any suggestions? I wanted to get my bike out of the garage but my DH said I should lose some weight first. So I asked him how much he thinks I should lose and he said 25 pounds. That would put me at 161. I hope I get there before the snow flies again.
From what I've read, its best to eat carbs before a workout and protein afterwards, but you might want to check that, I'm no fitness guru.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:55 AM
FitDay Member

Going out to dinner and a movie with a SIL tonight. I don't know where we'll be eating, so I can't plan ahead. (I like to check to menu online ahead of time and make my decision - or narrow it down to a selection or two.) So my plan is to eat a modest breakfast and lunch, and eat an apple or something as I drive up there.

Ian - good progress!(and reported in RainbowVision!) I wouldn't like to fix four meals a day either. But instead of an extra meal, you could do a snack (hard boiled egg, nuts?) I'll answer for epixi - she's studying Japanese! I don't remember for how long. Hope is studying Spanish. I'm studying Tagalog - but I haven't made it a daily goal yet.

Libby - great job on the walking! Your walking IS training for a 5k. It's getting you into shape and building your endurance. I haven't run a 5K for 33 years, but all this talk about doing one is making me consider working towards it.

Robin - hope you can get your stuck ligament unstuck.

Debbie - That's great you enjoy running so much. And thanks for the info on "Couch to 5K". I've heard of it and seen it referenced various places, but it's nice to hear from someone who's actually done it.

Goals for the week:
1. Avg 1400 calories a day: 1032, 1236
2. Avg 45 min exercise a day: 45, 60
3. Small bites, slower eating: sometimes
4. No sugar, white flour: Y, Y
Old 05-29-2013, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator

Well yesterday started off pretty good, then....

I knew I was retaining water from the crawfish so I was intended on only eating apples. Three apples down and my daughter wanted to go to New Orleans. So I came back and got her and the youngest and we headed to the city.

First stop was for some activity. Gotta burn calories ya know. So we went to NOLA Motorsports Park. The last time my daughter and I raced go karts (or carts) was in Va. Beach, she won and I haven't heard the end of it. I don't know where she gets her "in your face" competitiveness from. Let's just say she's a dirty driver. You'd think she's a NASCAR fan. She kept slamming me in the wall and wouldn't let me pass. Welllllll it was time to step up to the big boy karts. I'm talking helmets, neck braces, you know... the stuff that separates the chirrens from the men! These bad boys can reach speeds of 50 mph (but they said on that course, the fastest you can get up to may be 44 mph). I had those snotty nose punk brats begging for mercy as I lapped them... over and over. It was just the three of us on the course and I had free reign to show them who's got the true racing skills! Just as every good dad knows, ya gotta teach the chirrens that if you ain't first, you're last!

Okay, back to the food, this is how my day looked. 3 apples, then beignets (the kids fault), then a 4th apple, a hot dog and during the middle of the night? You guessed it, a PB&J sammich. That's how I roll!

The damage? I hopped on the scale and it read 187.4 so I'm down 3 pounds. w00t w00t. The trick is to finish the week down 3 pounds. Basically all I lost was water weight.

Goals (starting Tuesday)
DONE 1) Lose 3 pounds
2) drink 100 oz water yes
3) take all vitamins yes

Old 05-29-2013, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carloynnq
Ian - good progress!(and reported in RainbowVision!) I wouldn't like to fix four meals a day either. But instead of an extra meal, you could do a snack (hard boiled egg, nuts?) I'll answer for epixi - she's studying Japanese! I don't remember for how long. Hope is studying Spanish. I'm studying Tagalog - but I haven't made it a daily goal yet.
Hehe, it's in rainbow vision so I can judge individual goals by their color. It's Red < Orange < Blue < Green, not much of a system compared to an excel spreadsheet but it's visually stimulating

Ah, you're all studying random East Asian languages but none the same as me Apart from Spanish ofcourse. How many words/sentences/grammar rules/phrases/etc do you learn per day? I generally hit up none, but usually learn 1 thing per day just by living here, or if I don't learn 1, I at least recognise more each day by speaking to people.

Today I tried to order roast chicken from the take out shop next door but the woman told me "치킨 없어" and then "다음에" (don't google translate that, I'm paraphrasing) but it translates to something like "No chicken, I'll see you next time). So ended up making rice intense meals today, will probably not work out well.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:23 AM
FitDay Member

01gt4.6 - Theres a certain level that kids take over from their parents. For me against my dad at squash it was around 16/17yrs old, but I haven't played for some time so that old timer would probably beat me these days (quite comprehensably). But generally around 20-25 yrs old children will surpass their parents in physical abilities. Obviously this isn't scientific, a hardcore 16 yr old beats an unfit parent and a fitness freak parent beats a 25yr old kid, etc. but that is the age that I've seen it happen at the most.

When I'm a parent I'd be quite pleased to see my son/daughter surpass me, I don't know why you're so amped to beat them?
Old 05-29-2013, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by iansteele
01gt4.6 - Theres a certain level that kids take over from their parents. For me against my dad at squash it was around 16/17yrs old, but I haven't played for some time so that old timer would probably beat me these days (quite comprehensably). But generally around 20-25 yrs old children will surpass their parents in physical abilities. Obviously this isn't scientific, a hardcore 16 yr old beats an unfit parent and a fitness freak parent beats a 25yr old kid, etc. but that is the age that I've seen it happen at the most.

When I'm a parent I'd be quite pleased to see my son/daughter surpass me, I don't know why you're so amped to beat them?
Ian, I guess you don't know my sense of humor yet. I was joking. I want nothing more than to see her excel, it's just funny to hear her talk trash because I know she gets it from me. It's all in the name of fun. She'll be 21 in a month and a half.

Below is the race footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_2Tn36flsI
Old 05-29-2013, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

Ian, I'm studying Tagalog because one of my daughters-in-law is originally from the Philippines. She came here when she was 12, but she speaks Tagalog with her family. I figured I would learn some both as a matter of respect to her and her family, and when my son & DIL have kids, they may teach the kids (though they were just talking about sending any future kids to French school). My Tagalog has come in handy already though. A lot of nurses here come from the Phillipines. Unfortunately, I had to spend a lot of time in hospitals and nursing homes with different family members over the last 4 years, so I was able to get a little practice in with the nurses and aids.

I've been listening to Pimsleur audio lessons. I've got some books as well, that I look at occasionally. When I first started, I labeled various things in my kitchen with Tagalog labels. Everytime I touched something in the kitchen, I'd say the Tagalog word in my head, so I'm excellent with kitchen and food words! I've let my studying slide though...I should make it more of a priority if I'm going to do it.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:50 AM
FitDay Member

Default New to this

Hi everyone, my name is Mindy and I got a great tip to join all of you from carolnnq (Thank you again) . I'm new to the program so I'm not really sure what to do or say here, so please be patient with me. I am trying to loss weight from just having a baby in April, and also so I don't feel so disgusted when I look at myself or think that's how my husband see's me, but trying to stay positive.
Well, I think I did okay yesterday, but don't really understand the calorie stuff and if I'm even doing things right. My goal is to go from 196 lbs to 155 lbs. It's only 41 or so lbs, but feels like 100.
So, my goals for this week are
1.) Log everything, everyday
2.)Make time to do some form of exercise, even if walking in place with baby.
3.)Be more conscious about wanting to eat my feelings or when I get bored.
4.)Try to look for support from discussion boards.
5.)Get into this routine each and every day!!!!!!!

So, I think that's a good start for goal setting. I wish each and everyone all the best and luck with your programs!!!!!

Last edited by jimmyswifey0602; 05-29-2013 at 07:07 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.