Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread starting May 13: Getting Our Groove Back! >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting May 13: Getting Our Groove Back!

Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting May 13: Getting Our Groove Back!

Old 05-16-2013, 10:41 AM
FitDay Member

It rained so hard today, thunder and lightening! No walking for me so I swam instead again. That's 2 swims this week. Carolynnq enjoy the pool. I love early bird swimming when it's hot out, because you started your day cool. You are so close to your goal, I am so excited for you!

Epixi, about the clothes for yoga........here's the thing, remember yoga is completely non-competitive. It does not matter at all how you look, yoga is all about seeing past the ego. Be comfy, love your body, and don't waste a thought on what other people think. If they think anything at all about you they are not doing yoga I would suggest tight but stretchy clothing because it's true that your clothing has to be able to manage "upside down".

Tonight I went and got take out for my husband and 2 sons. However I cooked my own supper. And good thing because that deep friend crap they ate looked poisonous.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:00 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Robingen
...And good thing because that deep friend crap they ate looked poisonous.
Friend fried fiend. What a difference a letter makes! Deep fried crap pretends to be a friend (it's so yummy), but it's really a fiend.

It's usually cool here in the mornings, and often foggy, even in summer, so the early morning swims might force me into a quicker pace than I'd normally do, just to warm up.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:34 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carolynnq
Friend fried fiend. What a difference a letter makes! Deep fried crap pretends to be a friend (it's so yummy), but it's really a fiend.
Amazing how illiterate a typo can make you look, then again it may be a Freudian slip lol.

This is so true, seems like a friend, truly a fiend.

Hhhmmm on the swimming, yes early bird is nice but I AM swimming indoors Never tried an outdoor swim that time of the morning.....that may be pretty intense!
Old 05-16-2013, 02:27 PM
FitDay Member

Amazing how illiterate a typo can make you look, then again it may be a Freudian slip lol.
That's nothing. I remember less than fondly the business letter I sent out where a typo of inconvenience was changed by spell-check to incontinence.

- Donna
Old 05-16-2013, 02:38 PM
FitDay Member

Robin - I didn't think you illiterate at all. It just gave me a chuckle. Heck, I often amuse myself with own typos!

I'm just hoping that pool is heated. It HAS to be, doesn't it? Although... I grew up in this general area and, as kids, we'd start swimming in unheated pools in late February to early March. But we were kids and nuts! Back then, the joy of swimming overcame any discomfort from cold. I still love to swim, but am much more of a wimp.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thurs.

• Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 1226, 1274, 1558, 1384
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 218, 147, 120, 150
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 2, 3, 3, 3
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 56, 65, 57, 62
  • Sugar < 50 g / day: 65, 45, 51, 39
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 55, 0 55, 5,
Old 05-17-2013, 01:32 AM
FitDay Member

So true, Robin! I'll never forget the time, about 10 years ago, when I was in a real-time, online chat raving about a recent purchase. I typed "I really LOVE this shirt!!!" Unfortunately, fast fingers made me miss the "R" in "shirt". Oops! The group got a huge chuckle out of that, mostly because, up til then, everyone had thought of me as Little Miss Priss.

Carolynn, kids ARE nuts! Years ago I was a summer camp counselor. The camp had a lake and the first rule was: if the kids go in the water, the counselors MUST go in, too (no standing on the shore). I don't think kids have temperature sensors, because no matter how cold the water was, the kids ALWAYS wanted to go in. Grrrr. Brrrr!!! Hehe.

Well, made it through my first yoga class. It was fantastic! Between the instructor (I felt very comfortable with her guidance), the other yogis (so friendly), the work we did (I can do this!) and the ambiance of the studio (it has the look and feel I was hoping for), I really enjoyed it. And, surprisingly, I'm not sore today. I thought I would be. I'll be practicing with my DVDs during the week in anticipation of next week's class. By then, I hope my mat won't smell so.. new. As far as clothing, I found a pair of comfortable pants and a long, loose tee, but discovered (during Downward Dog) that the tee was perhaps a bit too loose. Oops! Now I know.

Goals for the Week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes, yes, yes, yes
  • At least 1500ml water per day: 2000, 2000, 2000, 2000
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average of under 1550 calories: 1482, 1505, 1437, 1447
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average of under 1300mg sodium: 958, 1114, 1071, 1131
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average of at least 15g fiber: 16, 16, 17, 18
  • No red entries on this report: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
  • Study every day: yes, yes, yes, yes

All Blue so far. Could be a Solid Blue week!

TGIF everyone!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 02:33 AM
FitDay Member

epixi - Go blue!!! Glad you enjoyed your first yoga class so much.

Donna and epixi - LOL at your typos. Years ago, this was probably the late '80s, we published a software directory. At the time, a lot of software ran directly off floppies, and some off hard drives. So each page reviewing the software said which. The people entering the data had frequent typos where they typed "dick" instead of "disk". So there were numerous mentions of floppy dicks and hard dicks. As we proofread the directory, my staff and I were in stitches all afternoon.

I had a good day yesterday (but am too lazy to pull up my goals). I really wanted to eat last night around 9-10, but managed to not give in.

I read some yelp reviews of the local pool and it is heated - thank goodness.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, is it ever quiet! Only 4 pages so far and it's FRIDAY.
Going out for coffee tomorrow in the afternoon so I will have to forgo having a "treat" with it.

Jenn
Old 05-17-2013, 03:36 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn, maybe you can make trying a new type of coffee your treat. Just don't go there hungry!!

Maybe everybody is just super busy like I was last week. That's often true of Cassie. And for anyone with kids, this is a busy time of year with extra school events (April - we're still waiting to hear about your son's prom & your Mexican dinner). Mern, come back! Hope, I'm thinking of you and hope you're doing okay. AmyRose, and others, jump back in if you're out there lurking.

I'm really surprised this board isn't more active. The public accountability factor has prevented me from eating things I shouldn't because I knew I'd have to fess up to it here. And the support and encouragement has been motivating. Plus there's the added benefits of the wit, humor, and wisdom (and poetry!) from posters here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.