Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread starting May 13: Getting Our Groove Back! >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting May 13: Getting Our Groove Back!

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting May 13: Getting Our Groove Back!

Old 05-15-2013, 04:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dmartz
Mike: Awesome photo. Too bad there wasn't a full moon...
how's this?

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 05-15-2013 at 04:21 AM.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator

okay, this will be the last of my pics. After this I'll get back on the topic of making goals and kicking ass!

Finally got the fog to clear so I could get a night pic of some old bridge.

Palace of Fine Arts (I need to go back and rotate this a few degrees)

Cable Car
Old 05-15-2013, 01:52 PM
FitDay Member

Fantastic job last week, Donna! You're a rock star!

Steak for dinner -- you're talking my language, Robin. Happy pre-birthday to your husband! Excellent work on the gym and swim, too. You're so active -- I truly admire that!

I struggle with water, too, Jenn. It's not really my drink of choice, which is why I *have* to make it a goal. I'll tell you, there have been days when I've realized I didn't drink enough and had to squeeze 1500ml in between 8pm and bedtime. Today is one of those days, matter of fact *swigs the last of today's water requirement*.

Carolynn!!! I'm so glad to see you! Missed you!!! What a lovely Mother's Day gift from the family. I'm sure it'll be especially sweet on days when you can share with your daughter.

Looks like you're feeling better, Mike! That bridge is pretty -- all golden and glowy. Someone should give it a name!

As for those who haven't checked in yet, I hope things are going well. We're thinking of you!

And me? Still chugging along. Taiko class is coming along swimmingly. Really enjoying it. I think I've decided to do tai chi on my own (still need to practice once I finish up this post). Having checked out a few yoga studios I think I've settled on one. First class will be tomorrow. I have my mat (would it be odd to bring my own blocks?) but I'm still struggling with what to wear. I know it should be loose, but I don't want it so loose that I can't go upside down. On the other hand, I'm too self-conscience for anything even slightly form-fitting (is lumpy-bumpy even a form?). And it needs to be long enough to cover the tush. I'm sure I'll figure it all out before class. I'm just thankful there are no mirrors in the studio .

Anyway, off I go to do a bit of tai chi! G'night, everyone!
Old 05-15-2013, 05:25 PM
FitDay Member

I just read through the end of last week's thread. It sure was quiet.
Jenn - congrats on the 3 lb loss.

Mike - great photos - glad you're enjoying your trip.

Jezzie - very wise to get a walking partner. It's not as easy to back out from a date with someone else as it is a date with ourselves - and having someone to talk with makes the time go faster. And you're down almost 20 lbs since Jan. Way to go!!!!

Donna - ***I've realized that I need to keep at these goals just to stay at the weight I'm at. *** I think that's going to be the case for me too.

epixi - *** is lumpy-bumpy even a form? *** Yes, it is!!! I'm not sure what my final weight goal is - it will be whenever the lumpy-bumpy areas are gone (or at least not so lumpy-bumpy!). My daughter's taking yoga classes now. Her doctor recommended it for her sciatica. She says she's the youngest by far in the class (she's 28).

Robin - hope your husband had a good birthday!

Goals for the week:
1. Stay on usual diet Y
2. No late-night snacking. Y
3. 1/2 hr avg exercise a day Y
4. No sugar, white flour N (had a piece of pizza for dinner)
Old 05-16-2013, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for the Week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes, yes, yes
  • At least 1500ml water per day: 2000, 2000, 2000
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average of under 1550 calories: 1482, 1505, 1437
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average of under 1300mg sodium: 958, 1114, 1071
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average of at least 15g fiber: 16, 16, 17
  • No red entries on this report: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
  • Study every day: yes, yes, yes

Let's make it a Terrific Thursday!
Old 05-16-2013, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, Epi good job on the water!!
I don't mind drinking water it's just remembering to do it!

At least with having to cut the grass this week I will get the exercise in! Yesterday only 15 min. I'll give an abreviated report. 3 fruits and veggies yesterday and I went a little over on carbs for dinner. i think I got about 5 glasses of water in.
I NEED this forum!! It helps me to see where I can improve.

Jenn
Old 05-16-2013, 03:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjrudd
...I NEED this forum!! It helps me to see where I can improve.

Jenn
I agree. People on this forum have given me new ideas about how to approach this weight loss journey, both in specific things to do food and exercise wise, but also in new ways to think about everything.

epixi - You're killing it this week. Good job!
Old 05-16-2013, 06:38 AM
FitDay Member

Wed:
  • Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 1226, 1274, 1558
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 218, 147, 120
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 2, 3, 3
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 56, 65, 57
  • Sugar < 50 g / day: 65, 45, 51
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 55, 0 55,
Mike: No sure you need to rotate the Palace of Fine Arts pic. The foreground looks level. The SF shot w/ moon now looks ... otherworldly. Though the lighting does look really good.

Epixi: I'm actually more of a rock than a rock star, but I have been feeling pretty good about things lately.

Carolyn: You were one pound away from goal last week, I bet you're there by now.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:47 AM
FitDay Member

FINISHED CUTTING GRASS!! woot woot 30 min exercise
AND I'm up to 1000ml of water. Drank half of my water bottle when I came inside and sipped the rest.

Jenn
Old 05-16-2013, 10:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dmartz

Carolyn: You were one pound away from goal last week, I bet you're there by now.
Nope. Still a pound away. Still on the cycle I've been on - plateau for 10-14 days, drop a couple of pounds, back to plateau. As I didn't get as much exercise in last week as usual - and had a couple of late-night cheese-and-cracker snack fests - I'm happy to have just maintained.

Jenn - I bet your lawn looks great. I love yard work as exercise. It's like a 2-for-1 deal. You get your exercise in and accomplish something.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.