Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting May 6--Going Down? >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting May 6--Going Down?

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting May 6--Going Down?

Old 05-08-2013, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Good job on all the blue Epixi!
You must be doing something right Mern you lost weight.

I'll just do a quick update. Veggies/fruit only 3, didn't get the water in, would have been over on carbs a little bit. I did get my exercise in walking around the mall in the morning and cut the grass in the afternoon.

Jenn
Old 05-08-2013, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

Default Tues

• Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 1069, 1176
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 108, 273
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 5, 3
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 57, 45
  • Sugar < 50 g / day: 36, 44
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 55, 20
Salad, bakery Challah bread (too much cholesterol, buyt so good!) ice cream.

Epi, "Something I've never done before" was in memory of my Dad. I was talking to a friend who knew him well, and recalled this story; One year awhile back, my Mom told me that Dad was really depressed and the drugs and therapy weren't helping him. I asked to speak with him and told him he should do something he never did before. He said: "Like what?" Me: "Like something you always wanted to do but never did." He said: "I always wanted to go to the Grand Canyon." I said "You've never been to the GC?, We can do that!" So I call the Park concession reservation line, and they happened to have a cancellation for the lodge on the south rim for three days about a month later. They also had the following two days available on the North Rim. So in May we all flew into Vegas, and the next day drove to the Canyon. Spent five days there and two more in Zion Nat'l Park. It was great. And he was much better the day after we got off the phone.

But you don't have to go that big. The moral of the story is, if you're getting down, try to 'Do something you've never done before.' Maybe more than one thing. Even if you're not down, just every once in a while try to shake things up a bit.

- Donna
Old 05-08-2013, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

I don't seem to be catching all the posts........re-reading some from Monday and it's all new to me. Either Fitday is screwed up or I am.

Jezzie, I love that you got a nutribullet. New health fad for fruits and vegs and it works!

Donna..thanks for sharing that story about your Dad That's so inspirational.

Epixi I love it that you are trying this new classes.....good for you.

Despite the busy week I am keeping to my food goals and even getting some exercise in.

I am however, struggling with the fudge. I have never made traditional choc fudge (since I was a kid) and I wanted to make some for a fundraiser which is tonight. (That's what they requested) No body else in my house can/will eat chocolate.......so it's a challenge. I have made 4 batches so far and the first 2 did not set. Now I have 2 more to check when I get home and can I really cut and wrap it without taste testing? I might bribe by oldest son to taste it for me. I LOVE choc fudge so this is very difficult.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Robingen
I am however, struggling with the fudge. I have never made traditional choc fudge (since I was a kid) and I wanted to make some for a fundraiser which is tonight. (That's what they requested) No body else in my house can/will eat chocolate.......so it's a challenge. I have made 4 batches so far and the first 2 did not set. Now I have 2 more to check when I get home and can I really cut and wrap it without taste testing? I might bribe by oldest son to taste it for me. I LOVE choc fudge so this is very difficult.
Robin: Thanks for the feedback. I've got a moral for your story too: Never volunteer to make something for an event that you've never made before. Been there. Done that. Too much stress!

I say go ahead and try a <little> piece.
- Donna
Old 05-08-2013, 11:08 AM
FitDay Member

1. Stay within carb limit Mon and Wed yes, Tues a little over
2. 4 servings of fruits and veggies Mon 2 fruit, 3 veg Tues 3 Wed 4
3. At least 6 glasses of water Mon and Wed yes
4. Exercise 30 min 4X Mon and Wed no, Tues yes
5. Lose the 2lbs that I gained
6. Try not to get discouraged yes, yes, yes

Jenn
Old 05-08-2013, 01:33 PM
FitDay Member

Hey there, Mern! You said you're "still trying". I disagree. You've lost 3.5 pounds since May 1; you're not "trying" -- you're doing!!! Good job!

Jenn, do you do your mall walking with a formal mall walking group or do you go on your own? I've never tried the formal group, but I've done it on my own a few times. I like the fact that it's climate controlled and there are no bugs (I HATE bugs).

Thank you for sharing the story about your dad, Donna. I agree 100% with Robin -- it was very inspirational.

Robin, I hope things went well with the fudge. I've never made fudge and didn't know it needed to "set up". I hope these last batches finished up properly for you. And as far as a taste? I agree with Donna. Have a little one (just don't forget to account for it ).

I hope Hope is ok. She's been quiet this week.

Goals for the Week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes, yes, yes
  • At least 1500ml water per day: 1500, 1500, 1500
  • Keep calories under 1600 per day: 1276, 1074, 1563
  • Keep sodium under 1300 per day: 908, 296, 915
  • At least 10g fiber per day: 21, 14, 23
  • No red entries on this report: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
  • Study every day: yes, yes, yes

Keepin' it blue, so I'm a happy camper.

But ooooooh am I gonna be sore tomorrow, I just know it! Tai chi is much harder than I thought. This was an all-levels class (I couldn't find a Beginner's Class in my area), so that may be part of it. First off, I didn't think it was going to make me sweat because the movements are so slow and deliberate. I hate being sweaty even more than I hate bugs and I got quite sweaty during class. Everyone did.

Secondly, I didn't realize I had so many muscles in my feet -- they are already talking to me. There were times during the class when my legs were seriously wobbly. Thigh muscles, calf muscles, ankle muscles were ALL yelling at me! I actually had to sit out a couple of times. I must say the instructor was wonderful, though. Very patient. Explained well. Demonstrated well. Corrected well. It was a small class so she was able to give lots of individual attention. The classmates were nice, too. Very friendly and relaxed. Overall, it was a quite enjoyable experience (even if I did get uncomfortably sweaty)... but I am dreading tomorrow. Will I even be able to get out of bed???

Let's keep going strong, folks!

Last edited by episode2011; 05-08-2013 at 01:33 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-08-2013, 01:44 PM
FitDay Member

Donna, you are so right about cooking something new, that's why I started this whole adventure Sunday, time for trial and error. In the end only 1/4 fudge batches turned out. Sigh. But I feel that I can do it now. I did have one piece (come on coax me) and I logged it. Fortunately the batch left the house tonight and it's over lol. Surprisingly got in time for weights at the gym today (yeah).

Epixi I had to idea tae chi was so hard! It looks so easy! Good luck rolling out of bed tomorrow
Old 05-08-2013, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

well I made it to San Fran today. I took some pics earlier but wasn't too happy with them. The sky sucked and I had a setting wrong on my lens. So I went out tonight to try some night photography. It's much more difficult but I need to start practicing before I try on the Golden Gate Bridge.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:36 AM
FitDay Member

Nice photos, Mike! The upward angle gives an extra measure of magnificence to the... church? Cathedral? I'm not sure which it is. I like that sunburst effect from the light in front of the first one. Have you considered cropping out the light on the right or would that unbalance the shot?

Are you a photographer by trade?
Old 05-09-2013, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

• Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 1069, 1176, 1687
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 108, 273, 338
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 5, 3, 4
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 57, 45, 89
  • Sugar < 50 g / day: 36, 44, 46
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 55, 20, 60

About to board a plane to. visit Mom.

- Donna

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.