Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread, starting April 28: Onward and Downward! >

7 Day Motivational Thread, starting April 28: Onward and Downward!

Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread, starting April 28: Onward and Downward!

Old 05-05-2013, 12:11 PM
FitDay Member

Epixi, Love that attitude! You'll probably have some water gain from all the sodium. Easy to remedy . Glad to hear you had a good trip.

Well made out well with the fudge because I didn't cut it yet. Had a little spoon lick to make sure it tasted right (yeah right).

Never met my walking goal. Had 8k in on Friday and did none this weekend. Too busy, too busy (another goal I failed). Overall though in the week I went to the gym x2, swam x2 and walked 8k not too shabby. Ate 6 fruits and vegs today.

Another particularly hectic week coming, I don't know what happened it was supposed to lighten up when my course finished. Now I have about 6 hours of volunteer work booked for the week. I'm gonna have to get up early if I hope to work out any.

Last edited by Robingen; 05-05-2013 at 12:12 PM. Reason: added info
Old 05-05-2013, 02:35 PM
FitDay Member

Epixi - welcome back! It was kind of quiet around here without you.

Donna - I'll have to check that thread out. I would love to be able to track sugar. With so many people concerned about diabetes, I would think loads of people would welcome that capability. I know I would. And - wish I had dinner at your house today - sounds scrumptious! Oh, and thanks for the baked zuchinni recipe.

Robin - way to go on only having a taste of the fudge (the cook HAS to taste - that's a given!).

Jenn - sorry to hear about your 2 lb gain. It's amazing how easy a pound or two goes on.

1. 3 meals + 2-3 snacks (no extra snacking) Y, Y,Y,Y, Y, Y, 1069
2. 2-3 min. exercise before meal prep, snacks. Y,Y,Y,N (I forgot to do it sometimes), Y, Y, N (was out most of the day, forgot when I got home)
3. An hour extra movement a day: N (35 min), N (40), Y (60), N (40), N (50), Y
4. No sugar, white flour: Y,Y,Y,Y,Y,N (4 saltines), Y
5. Small bites and put fork down between bites: mostly
6: Weight same or down: same; maybe down, down,down, same
Old 05-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dmartz
Some may note that I'm back on my sugar kick again! I think that needs to be added to my goals next week.

- Donna
I love the subtle hint.

In white> bet you clicked on "subtle" just because it was blue.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:57 PM
FitDay Member

Weekend wrap-up
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 55, 20, 60, 15, 10, 0, 0 - 160/wk
  • Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 1195, 1198, 1290, 1528, 1815, 2226, 1956 - Ave: 1601/day
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 60, 20, 123, 142, 129, 224, 206 - Ave: 129/day
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 1, 0, 5, 2, 3, 5, 2 - Ave: 2.57
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 54, 31, 58, 85, 60, 107, 88 - ave: 69 /day
  • Do something I've never done before: Y (art/architecture exhibit)
Too many nuts and Mexican food yesterday. Still holding to my 'normal' pattern though.

Made four of six goals this week, not too bad, except with the calories!

Carolyn, that wasn't my zucchini recipe, it was Jezzie's.

Epixi, Glad you're back and had a delicious time. Hope you ate those M&M one ... at ... a ... time.

Jenn, I gain and lose the same two pounds every week. Well really, 2.5 but who's splitting lbs.

Mike: I actually felt bad at first about re-raising the sugar issue, in that that I might be bugging you about it, but ... The 'not essential' comment that showed up in 'New Posts' just gnawed at me. And yes, I clicked on that link like a Pavlovian Dog. Note that my goals this week do not in anyway reflect on you. They're Mine!

- Donna
Old 05-06-2013, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Sooooo how did the week go, goal-wise? Here's the Week's End Wrap-up, in all its ugly reality !

Goals, Monday and Tuesday
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes, yes
  • At least 2500ml water per day: 2500, 2000
  • Maintain 7-day calorie rolling average under 1550: 1546, 1356
  • Maintain 7-day sodium rolling average under 1400mg: 1188, 877
  • Maintain 7-day fiber rolling average of 15g: 14, 14
  • No red entries on this section: Monday, Tuesday
  • Study every day: yes, yes

Goals, Wednesday thru Sunday
  • Use self-discipline, don't go hog-wild (10=superdisciplined, 1=hog-wild -- be honest): 4, 4, 3, 4, 4
  • Make note of food (Fitday log to be completed upon return home): yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
  • At least 1000ml water per day: 500, 500, 500, 500, 1000
  • No red entries on this section: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
  • Study every day: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
Old 05-06-2013, 01:50 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the welcome backs, folks! Very heartwarming and much appreciated! I missed you all!

Donna, thanks for pressing on with the sugar request. It's so important and, in my opinion, should be trackable here on Fitday. On a lighter note, I did, indeed, savor each and every one of those delightful little M&Ms. Did you know they are low sodium AND have fiber and protein? See? Healthy snack .

Great job on those goals, Carolynn! The 2-3 minutes exercise during prep is genius!

Carolynn's right, Robin. A cook must taste and test. Isn't that in the job description ?

Pound-wise, I'm up, also, Jenn. Check my sig. Up 4. Ugh. Here, take my hand. Come on, you and me (and anyone else who wants/needs to), hopping back on the wagon. Ready? Let's go! We can do it!

Cute post, Mike! Made me smile. And (in white): proud to say, no I didn't!