Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread, starting April 28: Onward and Downward! >

7 Day Motivational Thread, starting April 28: Onward and Downward!

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread, starting April 28: Onward and Downward!

Old 05-02-2013, 02:36 AM
FitDay Member

Mern is always welcome here!! And so am I. More later. A little overwhelmed now.

1) stop binge eating - yes ate more than I should have
2) eat better for health (no sugar, lower carb) -yes too many carbs
3) more fresh fruits and veg - salad, clementines, brussel sprouts (gotta go shop for more stuff) clementines only, need to shop
4) more water - 8 glasses, 6
5) streeeeeetch - yes, yes

adding:
1) no painkillers; they make it worse: no, yes last night the pain spread and hit that scary bad mode but DH hugged me and I fell asleep in his arms, no pills
2) don't give up: border, border, trying

I am speaking with a healer/nutritionist. I am trying to work with a writing partner to get that side of life going. I am trying but it is hard, no lie. I am no hero, more like queen of the wusses. But three weeks of nearly nonstop physical pain and accompanying anxiety/depression have really got to me. My bad food choices make it worse and I MUST move my body, even a little. So fruits and veg and short walk today!!!

Last edited by canary52; 05-02-2013 at 02:47 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:16 AM
FitDay Member

Hope - I'm hopeful that the healer/nutritionist will suggest something that will bring you some relief. Just keep trying things and hopefully something will click with your body. When my brother was dealing with cancer, he was very nauseous and was on medication and medical marijuana for the nausea - and they didn't help much. When my son and his wife came back from the Philippines, they brought back a bag of dried mangos for everyone. The dried mango greatly helped the nausea and he stopped the medication & marijuana. If he stopped the mango, he'd feel nauseous again. At his next doctor's appointment, the doctor asked about his nausea. My brother said it was gone as long as he was eating dried mango. My brother said the doctor got a real strange look on his face and asked if he was joking. It was pretty random that my brother tried mango in the first place, and I'm sure dried mango isn't a nausea cure for most people, but it worked for his body in his particular circumstances.

April - your son looks so handsome in his tux. Good for you for getting your exercise in last night.

Donna - yes, do report back on the lecture. ***... I've always shopped using the maxim: "If the packaging of a food tells you that it is healthy, then it probably isn’t."*** That sounds like a good rule.

Mern, you’re off to a good start. Keep it green!

1. 3 meals + 2-3 snacks (no extra snacking) Y, Y,Y
2. 2-3 min. exercise before meal prep, snacks. Y,Y,Y
3. An hour extra movement a day: N (35 min), N (40), Y (60)
4. No sugar, white flour: Y,Y,Y
5. Small bites and put fork down between bites: mostly
6: Weight same or down: same; maybe down, down!
Old 05-02-2013, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator

How are y'all buncha losers doing??

I haven't been eating that great, I kinda gave up on my scale because it lies to me. Yesterday it said I was 183.x, I haven't been doing what I should or drinking enough water and this morning it said 181.x... I don't feel like I'm down though.

I'll be back on the grind after I get back from vacation. Next week I'll try to post up some pics so the people that are stuck at work can be jealous.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:02 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for the week
1. Lots of water M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
2. Walk on lunch (8 miles goal) M: 2-1/2miles, T: 2miles in the sprinkling rain!, W: No (but made up for it), Th: 2-1/2 miles, Total for the week: 8-1/4 miles (if I include Chloe's walk)
3. Supposed to be rainy so if I can't walk on lunch a day workout at night that night and deduct 2 miles from walking goal M: walked on lunch, T: walked on lunch, W: 27 mins cardio,
4. Take Chloe for one walk before work M: No, T: No,[coor="green"]W: Yes - Done for the week![/color]
5. Planned foods except dinner M: yes except had an extra snack after dinner, T: Yes, W: Yes,

Life Goals
1. Stick with the honesty M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
2. Keep the house clean for company this weekend M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
3. Don't fret about the prom. He will be fine. M: mostly, but I will feel better when his tux arrives, T: Still no tux, W: tux arrived and all fits perfect

Got 2-1/2 miles in today on lunch. There won't be walking on lunch tomorrow because I am working through so that I can leave at 4 for prom preparations. I may sneak out for a 15 min break once or twice and get some laps in though. We'll see how it goes. It is end of fiscal month tomorrow and working in the collections department that is not a good day of the month LOL.

Last edited by wildbeanerz; 05-02-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:08 AM
FitDay Member

Donna, meeting half your goals last week is way better than meeting none. Kudos on trying again this week. I thought this morning about posting my menu, but never got around to it. It helps me when I do that.

Jenn, kudos to you on getting your house spring cleaning done. I haven't even started yet. I'm a real veggie lover, but your posting of goals reminded me I haven't been eating enough of them. I love your #6 goal--realizing you're worth it and doing this for YOU.

Carolyn, your goals and stats for this week are inspiring, especially the extra exercise! I don't work outside the home, either, and I still find it a ton of work to log every bite of food that goes into my mouth. With all the experience you've had, I know you can have a successful week without logging. Wow, congrats on losing those 24 lbs! Thanks for your encouragement.

Mike, you got birfday plans yet? I see it's just around the corner. Looking forward to seeing your vacation pics.

April, kudos on your weight loss, and that 10 1/2 miles of walking on the job. Aw, prom. May you have many joyous memories. Your son is indeed a handsome young man.

Robin, great job on all the veggies. I do believe the carbs from the veggies help reduce the craving for junk food. OMG, great job breaking 170! I hope to stick around longer this time. I agree logging and posting does take one a long way in winning the battle. I have some personal issues that have been keeping me off the computer. Be assured I'll never give up--and thanks for your support and encouragement.

Cassie, simple goals like yours this week will carry you a long way.

Hope, I just came off a long binge of emotional eating. I never used to do that. I don't know if it was self-gratification due to feeling sorry for myself or if it was subconscious self-sabotage because of a personal issue I'm working through right now. I'm over the binge eating--I think--I hope... My prayers and best wishes on working through that pain. I can't even begin to imagine what a struggle that must be, but I know you have the fortitude to do the best you can to find a solution. Huge gentle hug to ya!
Old 05-02-2013, 10:26 AM
FitDay Member

April- your son looks so handsome thanks for the pic. Is he your eldest. Nice walking today as usual. Yes I am figuring out that 15 mins is better than nothing and you might be able to do it twice!

Hope my heart goes out to you in your pain. I too hope you can get some help from the nutritionist.......

Donna, you're welcome for the link......I read this stuff constantly and never know if I should or should not post it. I'm on Rawforbeauty on Facebook and I love the posts.

Have a fun vacation Mike.

Mern, you're right, Jenn's goal is great!

Carolynnq I'm only at 21 lbs lost! But thanks for the encouragement. I feel like I am at the homestretch now.

Well today I am dealing with an enormous drama over an upcoming fundraiser (Sat), people bickering, crying and quitting. Now that I write this it's quite bizarre. I am involved but uninvolved if that makes sense...........I have my role, I have offered my opinions and I am not participating in the drama (no tears here haha).

I swam this morning, and walked today - I am up to 8k on the walk.

I am stuck far from home at this moment, so I had to eat out but I made a good choice (less than 400 cals, lotsa veggies).
Old 05-02-2013, 11:16 AM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone! I'm still kicking LOL
My Mexico trip was awesome but too short!
The couple weeks I've been back have been very busy.
I've gotten out of the tracking habit so need to work on that and get back to walking!
The arm still bothering but now using essential oils and it seems to help :-)
Weight is still going down with a few bumps but it's all good :-)
Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good - with bumps too :-)

Have a great rest of your day!!
Old 05-03-2013, 12:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Robingen
April- your son looks so handsome thanks for the pic. Is he your eldest. Nice walking today as usual. Yes I am figuring out that 15 mins is better than nothing and you might be able to do it twice!
Yes, he is my eldest. He just turned 16. My youngest will be 15 next month. They are both boys and were born 14 months apart. They are the loves of my life. They give me gray hairs but hey...that's just a reason to add getting highlights to my list of salon requirements hehe!

Originally Posted by Mern
April, kudos on your weight loss, and that 10 1/2 miles of walking on the job. Aw, prom. May you have many joyous memories. Your son is indeed a handsome young man.
Thanks Mern! He deserves so much for all that he has put up with in the past year or so (you know about his brother). He is such a good hearted guy. ... Yep got 10-1/2 miles last week, 8-1/4 this week. Nice to see you back into things. Slow & steady girl...you know how to do it.

Goals for the week
1. Lots of water M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
2. Walk on lunch (8 miles goal) M: 2-1/2miles, T: 2miles in the sprinkling rain!, W: No (but made up for it), Th: 2-1/2 miles, F: day off to work through lunch unless walk on 15 min breaks Total for the week: 8-1/4 miles (if I include Chloe's walk)
3. Supposed to be rainy so if I can't walk on lunch a day workout at night that night and deduct 2 miles from walking goal M: walked on lunch, T: walked on lunch, W: 27 mins cardio, Th: walked on lunch, F: day off for prom & dinner out
4. Take Chloe for one walk before work M: No, T: No,[coor="green"]W: Yes - Done for the week![/color]
5. Planned foods except dinner M: yes except had an extra snack after dinner, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: I am sure Oreos weren't on the plan

Life Goals
1. Stick with the honesty M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
2. Keep the house clean for company this weekend M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
3. Don't fret about the prom. He will be fine. M: mostly, but I will feel better when his tux arrives, T: Still no tux, W: tux arrived and all fits perfect, Th: Yep, it's all good!

Dinner last night was awesome but then we went to the grocery store and I made the mistake in asking if hubby wanted any cookies. He bought oreos and I ate about 6-7 with a small glass of 1% milk. Not too bad. Then I ate about 3 unmeasured handfulls of buffalo chicken dip flavored potato chips. Salty? Yes! Spicy? Yes! Delicious? Hell yes! Helpful to my plan? Not in the least.

Anyway, I will always be the first to say that being a girl sucks. I was down all week. Then yesterday I started TOTM. Had my mini binge last night and am up 1.6lbs today. I did forget to weigh in before eating my yogurt & banana this morning so that may be a small portion of it. But oh well. What I know is that I can see the difference in the mirror again in that my body is getting smaller. Hubby sees it too. So to hell with the scale. And for me, honestly, 1.6lbs for TOTM is nothing. I can easily do 6-7lbs in one day for that occassion! LMAO

May not be back the rest of today. Not because I will be doing things that I shouldn't. Just because I will be super busy at work until 4. Then off to get the corsage and help the boy finish getting ready. Down to take pics and take the kids to the prom. Then off to dinner with my hubby. Busy busy and on the last fiscal day of the month in the credit department at work. So off I go. Have a great day everyone!!
Old 05-03-2013, 01:07 AM
FitDay Member

Carolynn, I believe in all of this "mango vodoo" lol. It is amazing what food, nutrition and supplements can do.

April, your son is adorable!!! I love the blue tie and handkerchief. His date is a lucky girl!!! As for the "Oreo and chips episode" everyone slips; the wagon is slowing down for ya!! It wasn't too bad a binge, a mini, as you said.

Jezzie, welcome back! Glad your trip was good and it sounds like you're back in the swing!

Mern, yeah, I've gone through periods of emotional eating: I thought I was done with that but it was like I'm baaaaaaaack. I'm so sorry to hear you went through that. I know you have a lot of challenges but I hope things get better for you. Hope and prayers right back atcha. So glad you're here

Yesterday, I woke up crazy anxious about all I had to get done. But I took a hot bath, meditated outside (beautiful out) and the meditation really calmed me. I am still in big pain but I took a short walk and that was really good. If you hate to exercise, just be thankful you can, even if you think you'd never miss it!!! (April you're rocking with that.) I bought some groceries, fruits and veg, as much as I could reasonably carry in. I was gonna ask someone to help me but I carried them carefully and that was my work out. I will get stronger and I will conquer this pain.

I saw a friend who is struggling with terrible depression and tried help. You would never know it from my posts but I am not always Debbie Downer!!!! Then I went to a lecture on nutritional healing, something I really believe in and hope to use, along with other things, to get back to health.

1) stop binge eating - yes ate more than I should have yes
2) eat better for health (no sugar, lower carb) -yes too many carbs yes
3) more fresh fruits and veg - salad, clementines, brussel sprouts (gotta go shop for more stuff) clementines only, need to shop Shopped: blueberries, salad, cucumber
4) more water - 8 glasses, 6, 6
5) streeeeeetch - yes, yes, yes
plus
6) no painkillers; they make it worse: no; yes last night the pain spread and hit that scary bad mode but DH hugged me and I fell asleep in his arms, no pills; yes meaning no pills of any kind not even OTC
7) don't give up: border; border, trying; yes

Last edited by canary52; 05-03-2013 at 01:29 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:08 AM
FitDay Member

Hope...I am loving how you dealt with your pain the day before yesterday. Maybe we should prescribe that. I know it heals all my worries when my mind gets out of control.

His vest is blue too. Her dress is blue. I am so hoping that they match closely. This was the only shade of blue that wasn't light blue and her dress is more of a bright blue like his tie, vest & pocket square.

Back to work. LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.