FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread, starting April 28: Onward and Downward! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/9507-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-april-28-onward-downward.html)

wildbeanerz 04-30-2013 12:29 AM

Goals for the week
1. Lots of water M: Yes,
2. Walk on lunch (8 miles goal) M: 2-1/2miles,
3. Supposed to be rainy so if I can't walk on lunch a day workout at night that night and deduct 2 miles from walking goal M: walked on lunch,
4. Take Chloe for one walk before work M: No,
5. Planned foods except dinner M: yes except had an extra snack after dinner,

Life Goals
1. Stick with the honesty M: Yes,
2. Keep the house clean for company this weekend M: Yes,
3. Don't fret about the prom. He will be fine. M: mostly, but I will feel better when his tux arrives,

Cassie & Carolynn ... Yes, I will meet her. There is a fountain/pond/spring in our town that all of the kids go to for prom picture taking and her mom is bringing her there to meet us and then we will transport them to the prom since neither has a license. Her mom will bring them home that night then. She is a pretty girl. I have creeped on her facebook page like a good momma should do LOL!

Yesterday was a success except some Ritz & nuefchatel cheese last night for snack. I ate more than I wanted to but they were so good. Luckily for me I was very good all the rest of the day and they didn't cause the scale to go up. I do buy the reduced fat version but the sodium is usually killer for me.

Hubby and a friend from the past have been talking and I guess after we drop off the kids at the prom on Friday we are going to a local mexican restaurant to meet up with him (and a date I think) for dinner. We've never eaten there and I don't do Mexican really except tacos haha. So I think I will order a taco salad. I will plan for it by being really good all day.

Crap! I forgot I had Avon on order. She just delivered it to my office. That's another $19 check to write this week. Argh! ... My scale at home really wants me to be under 250. It bounces between 251 and 249. Last weigh on Friday here at work was 256.2. That is a difference between clothes and just a tshirt too though. Once we are done with our weigh challenge here at work I will be back to weighing at home for my recording so my weight will appear to drop 2 lbs that are really just my clothes.

jjrudd 04-30-2013 01:09 AM

Goals for the week
1. Eat 4 servings of fruits and veggies yes 5 veggies
2. 6 glasses of water 5 I think
3. Eat within carb allowance yes
4. Exercise no
5. Write no
6. Realize I am worth it and I am doing this for me!! BIG YES as I had salad yesterday

Need to get back into the routine of exercising.
Jenn

dmartz 04-30-2013 01:33 AM

Monday

• Workout > 150 min/wk: 55
  • Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 1195
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 60
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 1
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 54
  • Do something I've never done before

Robingen 04-30-2013 03:41 AM

Wow Donna and April, nice workouts.

Yes Epixi it appears that the fiber is your nemesis. Good idea though not to try the psyllium while traveling.

Well did my swim earlier than expected.today. Later in the week will be busier so best to get it in earlier rather than later.

30 Minute swim and it didn't bother my back as much as last week, so it's coming well I think.

Jenn- I actually have some advice for you about the exercise. I don't think it works as well if you feel you have to do it. Pick something you get enjoyment from. I, for example, hate exercise classes. I have found some enjoyable physical activities that I don't have to "force myself" to take part in. Do you know what activities you like? Everybody has their own thing.

carolynnq 04-30-2013 04:43 AM

epixi - Yes, good choice to not start phsyllium husk before your travels. Have a safe trip.

I need to remember that while I want to lose weight, my bigger goal is to eat a healthful diet to hopefully avoid diabetes (my mother and maternal grandmother both had it), and I am doing that.

1. 3 meals + 2-3 snacks (no extra snacking) Y
2. 2-3 min. exercise before meal prep, snacks. Y
3. An hour extra movement a day: N (35 min)
4. No sugar, white flour: Y
5. Small bites and put fork down between bites: mostly
6: Weight same or down: same

wildbeanerz 04-30-2013 06:12 AM

Goals for the week
1. Lots of water M: Yes,
2. Walk on lunch (8 miles goal) M: 2-1/2miles, T: 2miles in the sprinkling rain!,
3. Supposed to be rainy so if I can't walk on lunch a day workout at night that night and deduct 2 miles from walking goal M: walked on lunch,
4. Take Chloe for one walk before work M: No,
5. Planned foods except dinner M: yes except had an extra snack after dinner,

Life Goals
1. Stick with the honesty M: Yes,
2. Keep the house clean for company this weekend M: Yes,
3. Don't fret about the prom. He will be fine. M: mostly, but I will feel better when his tux arrives,

Sprinkling rain on lunch today but barely even enough to get you wet. I put a sweater on and went for it figuring if I got in 1 mile that was 1 closer to goal. I did 2 miles. At one point it rained hard enough that I was going to quit when I got back to the same door I came out (OCD requires full laps) but by the time I got back to that door it had slowed back down and I got 3 more laps in. :) Feeling pretty accomplished as I sit here and can feel my muscles in my legs being all jumpy as they calm back down.

jjrudd 04-30-2013 08:21 AM

Thanks Robin. I usually do video games--Wii Sports Active is the one I use the most. I enjoy it because it shows my progress.
Funny you should mention do things I enjoy--was burning calories doing house cleaning which is not something I enjoy.

Jenn

canary52 04-30-2013 09:02 AM

A day late and 4 or 5 pound plus... So may I join? Trying to pull myself up so here goes:

1) stop binge eating
2) eat better for health (no sugar, lower carb)
3) more fresh fruits and veg
4) more water
5) streeeeeetch

Someone reached out to me: I am reaching back to say thank you.

Epixi, pysllium can be an adjustment on the tummy. Tho DD used it for quite a while and swore by it.

April, I love that Momma FB stalking!!! Just like me; I'm proud of you (she says dabbing at her eyes.) Please let us know after Friday how the kids liked the prom and how you liked the Mexican food.

Friday is DH's b-day. Got him one present. Hoping to get out and get a couple more small things.

episode2011 04-30-2013 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 98516)
A day late and 4 or 5 pound plus... So may I join?...

Are you kidding??? Where would we be without Hope?

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 98516)
...Trying to pull myself up...

And you will. I remember one of your goals from last week: don't give up! And remember, we're all here pulling for you! Gently, of course :).

I'm so glad you posted, Hope!

canary52 04-30-2013 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by episode2011 (Post 98518)
Are you kidding??? Where would we be without Hope?

And you will. I remember one of your goals from last week: don't give up! And remember, we're all here pulling for you! Gently, of course :).

I'm so glad you posted, Hope!

Thank you for this, Epixi. It means more than I can say. And you're right: being here is one of my ways of not giving up. Maybe that is true for other people too, huh? Thanks for pulling me up gently LOL!!!