Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread starting April 22: We Can Do This! >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting April 22: We Can Do This!

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting April 22: We Can Do This!

Old 04-24-2013, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

I can tell already I am going off this meal plan today but I will try not to get too crazy. It's supposed to be nice out: I am gonna try for a mellow walk.

I wanted the cashew butter and I had it dammit. But only a T and it was freshly ground by a local store. Maybe it was all this talk about peanut butter. Or maybe it's because I'm gonna be 53 and if I want cashew butter, why shouldn't I have it in moderation?

Last edited by canary52; 04-24-2013 at 04:20 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

I love peanut butter (almond butter, cashew butter) on apples and celery. Did you know that cashews aren't technically nuts? They don't have a shell. One of my sons was in the Peace Corps in Guyana and they have cashew trees there. The tree has a fruit, and what we call the cashew nut is a little knob on the bottom of the fruit. They eat the fruit there, but it's a soft fruit with a fragile skin, so not suitable for export.

epixi - boy, when you do things, you go big! Glad you had a good time - there's nothing like sharing a good meal with friends and family - it makes all the calorie watching on other days worthwhile.

I'm doing ok on calories, not so good on everything else.
1. Calories under 1300: 1286, 1269
2. An hour extra movement a day: N , N
3. No sugar, white flour: N (ate 4 potstickers), N (6 pretzels)
4. Small bites and put fork down between bites.- getting better at stretching snacks and meals out
Old 04-24-2013, 06:21 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for this week....
1. Lots of water M: yes, T: yes,
2. Exercise 2 times before work M: no, T: no, W: no,
3. Exercise 2 times after work M: no, T: no
4. Take Chloe for 1 walk (30 mins) M: no, T: no,
5. Planned foods during work & snack M: work yes but snack no, T: Yes,
6. Walk 9 miles on lunches M: 3miles, T: 2miles, W: 3miles,

Life Goals...
1. Be honest (even the white lies) M: yes, T: yes(didn't want to a few times but I did),
2. Do something to the rest of the laundry daily M: yes, T: yes,
3. Wipe down kitchen cabinets M: nope, T: No

One more mile to go to meet my 9 mile goal for the week. If I have to get it in 1/4 mile at a time, I will! LOL
Old 04-24-2013, 06:45 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone,

Do you have to be a special group member to post here, or can anyone join in? I have been using FitDay for the past 10 years (according to my occasional weigh-ins). I've had several health scares this year and promised myself I would better take care of my body. I'm kind of lost right now, I'm not even following any type of "diet", just making good food choices and limiting portions.

My goals for this week are simple:
A. Log my food every day on this site (check so far).
B. Buy a battery for my scale and weigh myself (I weighed 2.5 lb. less than I thought!).
C. Eat a salad every day for lunch (check).
D. Go at least one night to the gym (haven't yet).

I am hoping to make this site a daily part of my life again, and I will need all the support I can get!

Katie (Current BMI 32.01)
Old 04-24-2013, 07:21 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, Katie! Glad to have you here. I've found the motivation threads very helpful - both in motivating me to keep to my goals (it does help knowing I have to post my success or failure publicly), and in the encouragement. And, I've gotten some good ideas from other people.

Your 2.5 lb loss was a nice surprise. Keep it up! Limiting portions, as you're doing, is really key.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:44 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Katie.........you have nice doable goals. Is going to the gym something new? I used to be fairly regular and today was my first day back after having some health issues. It was good.

April, my family and I LOVED the chicken, yum, yum, thanks for the recipe. We had homemade fries with it but at least they were made in the actifry

Hey Jenn, throwing some motivation your way
Old 04-24-2013, 11:49 PM
FitDay Member

Default Wed.

• Workout > 150 min/wk: 55, 15, 60
  • Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 937, 1130, 1498,
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 176, 67, 132
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 3, 5, 5
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 38, 40, 62
  • Do something I've never done before: (need to consult my Psyche on this.)
Pretty quiet here lately.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:42 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for this week....
1. Lots of water M: yes, T: yes, W: yes,
2. Exercise 2 times before work M: no, T: no, W: no, Th: no,
3. Exercise 2 times after work M: no, T: no, W: no,
4. Take Chloe for 1 walk (30 mins) M: no, T: no, W: no,
5. Planned foods during work & snack M: work yes but snack no, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Planning lunch with hubby,
6. Walk 9 miles on lunches M: 3miles, T: 2miles, W: 3miles,

Life Goals...
1. Be honest (even the white lies) M: yes, T: yes(didn't want to a few times but I did), W: Yes,
2. Do something to the rest of the laundry daily M: yes, T: yes, W: Yes,
3. Wipe down kitchen cabinets M: nope, T: No, W: no

Robin...I'm glad you liked the chicken. I've seen the same recipe with mayo instead of the yogurt but wanted to try this much healthier version and loved it!
Old 04-25-2013, 12:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default poem

I wrote this poem about my "twin family" at conferences that I attend. Just to give you a reference point.

TWIN FRIENDS

How does it feel to be known from the start?
A feeling of fullness inside my heart
People who "get it', they already know
They've suffered the loss and sorrow
Twins who walk with me along the road
A friend to guide me and lighten the load
How can it be, we laugh and have fun,
The clouds have lifted and there is the sun
We're honouring love...
the gift of our twin
Put back together, feel whole again

Jenn
Old 04-25-2013, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, folks! It's only Thursday but it has been a very stressful week so far, so sorry I haven't been as chatty as usual. Anyway, looks like we're all doing well with goals and, more importantly, still in there swinging. Keep going! We can do this!

April, you're tearing up the road with all that walking!

Hope, I'm so glad you enjoyed your cashew butter. You're absolutely right: if you want it, have it (in moderation). Savor it, let it make you smile and move on.

Donna, your week is looking good! You're poised for a big finish!

Mike, my son used to be a HUGH PB&J fan. I mean, he could easily down 3-4 in one sitting. He doesn't do that now, but when he was younger, I pretty much single-handedly kept the bakery department of our supermarket in business. As you said, PB&J actually has a lot going for it nutritionally, especially since you're using healthy-alternative ingredients.

Carolynn, hehe yep, when I choose to indulge, I go all out . No regrets. "Choose to indulge" is the key phrase there. Regarding the cashews, I knew peanuts weren't nuts but had no idea about cashews. I learn something new every day. Thanks!

Katie! Welcome aboard! I'm so glad you decided to join us! This is a great group. I see you're from Milwaukee -- ex-Oconomowoc here , so welcome, neighbor!

Thanks for sharing your poem, Jenn!

If I left anyone out, it wasn't intentional. As I said, it's been a rough week here, so I haven't had as much time as I normally might.

Goals for the week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes, yes (and goodness, it was a whopper...), yes
  • At least 1500ml water per day: 2500, 2500, 2500
  • At least 15g fiber per day: 21, 15 (14.8 but I'll take it as 15), 17
  • Maintain 7-day calorie rolling average under 1550: 1237, 1537, 1475
  • Maintain 7-day sodium rolling average under 1400mg: 815, 1177, 1100
  • No red entries on this report: Monday, Tuesday (but just barely), yes (whew!)
  • Study every day: yes, yes, yes

Hang in there, everyone -- we're almost at the weekend!

Last edited by episode2011; 04-25-2013 at 01:30 AM. Reason: edited for spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.