Notices

staying motivated while dealing with stress

Old 04-16-2013, 08:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default staying motivated while dealing with stress

How do all of you stay motivated while dealing with stress? I didn't think I was stressing. People I'm around are telling me I am. They even ask me if I feel like I'm sleeping ok, and if I'm eating ok. Eating wise I feel like I'm doing ok since I'm logging what I eat and drink. Energy wise I do feel a little tired but I thought that was just because the weather is yucky again. Sleeping wise I probably should discouse with my dr. As I'm a big time night owl and when I do go to bed anywhere from 11pm-1am, I seem to sleep really hard for the first 1 or 2 hours then find myself looking at the clock. Then I sleep for 1 or 2 more hours and wake up. Once the clock hits 5am I think I finally sleep for about 3 hours because I'm always up by 9am. Tonight I'm going to move my clock so I can't see it, and see if that will help or not. I have no other light coming into the room other then through the blinds
Old 04-17-2013, 04:56 AM
Super Moderator

If you don't think you are stressed out over anything then maybe it's the people telling you that, who are making you stressed out?
Old 04-17-2013, 06:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC
If you don't think you are stressed out over anything then maybe it's the people telling you that, who are making you stressed out?
Good point!

If I am stressed out, I try to use my weight loss & exercise goals as something that I can manage. Lots of things are out of my control and if I let them get overwhelming at least I can control what I eat and how I work out. I actually lost a lot of weight last year during some horribly stressful times for my family. Then I became complacent when all the stress settled down and regained some of it.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:23 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the replies. I am almost positive I know who may be stressing me out. As last night was the first night in quite a while that I was able to sleep with out waking up an hour after going to bed. Or staying up until 00:30 (12:30a) is the magic time for lights out.