Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 4/15: Don't Give Up!

Old 04-17-2013, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

Yep, April, I can relate. Before my son got his permit, both he and my husband came to me separately and essentially said, "You know you need to be the one to do this, right?" With the two of their personalities, it would not have worked well. In fact, my husband was only in the car with him twice before he got his license...and he had the permit for 14 months!

The first time, I wanted DS to drive to the restaurant, about 7 minutes away. DH looked totally stricken, climbed into the 3rd row of seats in the van, put his iPod in, threw a jacket over his head, and said, "Just go..." It was pathetic.

Looks like everyone is doing well this week. I wish I had more time to chat.

1. Keep cals below 1300. 793, 1187, 835
2. Some form of exercise daily. Short session with weights, C25K, Nope, home after 9 and full day
3. Say no at least once. Yes, and it was not pretty I should have today but I didn't
4. Stay caught up with work to keep weekend reasonably free. So far, so good, Same today, Pretty good
5. Take vitamins and supplements. Forgot fish oil; others yes, Yes, Yes
6. Do something fun at least 4 times. Watched a bit of Netflix with the boy; rest of day = decidedly unfun, Three hours of exciting HS tennis, Tonight was volunteer night; my son and I teach tennis for Special Olympics Wed. nights for the two months prior to the games...very fun!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:07 PM
FitDay Member

Goodness, it is Thursday already?

Good for you, Robin, for taking time to relax. Good for the mental health.

Wildbeanerz, 3 miles!!! Go get 'em, Tiger!

Chi.kitty, you're off to a great start! 11.5 pounds since mid-March, woot woot!

I know you said it was a "mixed bag" so far this week, Tori, but the week's only half done. Hang in there, you can do it!

You hang in there, too, Mike.

Hope, I know how tough it can be to emerge from a slump. I'm glad the acupuncture is helping. Do you do that often? It's great that you got together with your writer friends, too!

With regard to the 2 hours in IKEA, Carolyn, I hear you! I'm not much of a shopper, either. Two hours in the store, however, burned more calories than just sitting around, so yep, I'd count it as an activity . Plus, you got to spend time with your daughter, so it's a win no matter what.

I had to laugh at your story, Cassie. I was also the designated parent for those initial driving excursions with my son for pretty much the same reasons. Besides, given that I was the one who taught my husband to drive (he was a bona-fide cityboy before we met and had no need for a car), it was a natural that I'd be the one.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Goals for the week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes, yes, yes
  • At least 1500ml water per day: 2000ml, yes, 2500ml
  • Maintain 7-day calorie rolling average under 1550 (day/7-day average): 1496/1415, 1350/1422, 1560/1532
  • Maintain 7-day sodium rolling average under 1500mg (day/7-day average): 1426/882, 1900/938, 865/993
  • No red entries on this report: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
  • Study every day: yes, yes, yes
Today is CRITICAL. Calorie creep is setting in. Average calories are inching far too close to the danger line. If I don't rein it in NOW, they will spill over and I'll end up with a red entry and I don't want that.

Oh, by the way, the soup came out great! It had a bit more umami than the last batch I made, but I like it! Good thing, because I ended up with a LOT of it!

Let's make it a great day, everybody!

Last edited by episode2011; 04-18-2013 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Edited for spelling error. Calories are not royalty; I will not bow to their "reign"!
Old 04-18-2013, 12:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default Wednesday

Wed.:
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 55, 20, 60
  • Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 1110, 1468, 1432
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 146, 144, 189
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 3, 3, 0
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 45, 65, 87
Yes, a bad week for 'calorie creep' already!
Old 04-18-2013, 12:44 AM
FitDay Member

Goals...
1. Water, lots of it M: yes, T: yes and then some!, W: Yep,
2. Walk 10 miles this week M: 2miles, T: 0, W: 3miles ,
3. Planned food except dinner (since I'm not the cook) M: yes, T: yes, W: Yes but dinner was BAD,
4. Work out before work twice M: No, T: Yes, W: No, Th: Yes,
5. Work out after work twiceM: Yes, T: Yes, W: No,

I ate planned food all day and didn't snack after dinner last night but dinner was a horrible train wreck. We had baked tilapia with just some spices on it. Good right? Then I added homemade tartar sauce and had potato wedges dipped in blue cheese dressing. Lots of wedges and dressing. Ugh! The sad thing is that I knew what I was doing and did it anyway. At least I didn't snack later except for 2 sugar free popsicles.

Forced myself to work out 25 minutes this morning before work to complete that 2 times this week goal.

Looks like most of us are doing pretty well this week. Watch out for that calorie creep girls. It is easy to say it's just a few more calories and it will creep up each day until you end up with a day where you throw in the towel and say you will start over tomorrow.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
...I ate planned food all day and didn't snack after dinner last night but dinner was a horrible train wreck. We had baked tilapia with just some spices on it. Good right? Then I added homemade tartar sauce and had potato wedges dipped in blue cheese dressing. Lots of wedges and dressing. Ugh! The sad thing is that I knew what I was doing and did it anyway. ...
I hate it when I do that (but apparently not enough that it prevents me from doing it again and again). But I am having more frequent successes at being able to stop at a reasonable amount. With you not preparing dinners, I can see it would be harder to keep to a plan.

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
...Watch out for that calorie creep girls. It is easy to say it's just a few more calories and it will creep up each day until you end up with a day where you throw in the towel and say you will start over tomorrow.
Nothing truer has ever been said.

1. Calories under 1300: 1020, 978, 1042
2. An hour extra movement a day: Y, Y, N
3. No sugar, white flour: Y,Y,Y
4. Small bites and put fork down between bites.- still not a habit - sometimes I start a meal doing this, and then by the end am shoveling it in - not because I’m hungry - just because I’m eating mindlessly
Old 04-18-2013, 05:34 AM
Super Moderator

Hey y'all. I've been sort of MIA. I've been super busy, I haven't had time to catch up. I went to a fundraiser for Johnny yesterday so I ended up leaving work early and now I'm playing catch up. I ate like a pig and now I'm up to 181.6.

This was his first public appearance since the shooting (this was why he had to shave). TV crews were out there so for those that are wanting to put a face to the name... Officer injured in shooting makes first appearance in public | wwltv.com New Orleans

Thanks again for continued prayers! I'll check back in later.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:52 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for sharing that Mike it was nice to see and nice to hear that the fundraiser was so successful (50,000 wow).

I got another little walk in today I am up to 6k already this week. I have not had an big hunger issues since the spaghetti so I am thinking that's what it was.

Caissie glad to hear you had some fun (not working all the time).

I agree April, we seem to be doing fairly well this week. Carolynnq awesome restraint on the cals!!
Old 04-18-2013, 01:17 PM
FitDay Member

1-log EVERYTHING, including on the weekends--M: yes Tu: no (but almost) W: nope Th: yes, to the best of my ability
2-preplan most meals. Especially breakfast and lunch--M: yes Tu: no W: for the most part Th: pretty much
3-walk 3 times for a minimum of 30 minutes each--M: no Tu: no---calling this one a loss. Been stupid crazy busy this week and it's suppose to rain tomorrow
4-post updates daily--M: yes Tu: yes W: yes Th: yes
5-drink more water--M: yes Tu: no W: yes Th: yes

Scale was down again this morning...hoping the trend keeps going.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:39 PM
FitDay Member

Robin - I just noticed - you’re at your lowest weight since 2009. That’s awesome!

Mike - thanks for the update on Officer Johnny. How wonderful that so much money was raised. And I’m glad to hear LE has some suspects on their radar.

epi - I taught our 3 kids how to drive, but I’m not sure my marriage would have survived teaching my husband.

amyrose - Yesterday I asked why you were cutting out tea. Then today I saw a show where a woman was drinking 20 cups of tea a day with milk and sugar. Now that would be a reason to cut out tea! I don’t use sugar (and only very occasionally milk), so I didn’t even think tea as adding calories. The doctor on the show said that the tannin in tea depletes iron (I didn't know that), so that would be another reason to cut back. I drink tea all day long but only use 2-3 teabags a day. I just keep refilling my cup with hot water, so a lot of what I drink could probably be more appropriately called tea-stained water.

1. Calories under 1300: 1020, 978, 1042, 1029
2. An hour extra movement a day: Y, Y, N, Y
3. No sugar, white flour: Y,Y,Y, Y (I was craving pretzels after dinner, but brushed my teeth instead and the craving passed)
4. Small bites and put fork down between bites.- still not a habit - sometimes I start a meal doing this, and then by the end am shoveling it in - not because I’m hungry - just because I’m eating mindlessly
Old 04-19-2013, 12:01 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thurs.

Thurs.
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 55, 20, 60, 25
  • Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 1110, 1468, 1432, 1648
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 146, 144, 189, 48
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 3, 3, 0, 1
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 45, 65, 87, 43
Carb fest yesterday. Got my workouts in, so that helps. For the weekend: watch the carbs, & NO SLOUCHING!

Mike: The looked at the wwlt piece, it's a glass half full experience.

Tori: You're on trend! Keep loggin.'

Carolyn: I would say I drink about 8-10 cups of tea during the day. I don't keep track. I drink it all black, and use a new bag for maximum caffeine effect. I guess it counts a hydration, even though I know tea is a diuretic. If I feel too edgy, I'll switch to water, but rarely. I tell myself I should cut back on tea, but a woman has to have some vices.

Beanz: Thanks for the motivation wrt exercise!

- Donna

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.