Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 4/15: Don't Give Up!

Old 04-16-2013, 10:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Hope, my whole body ached yesterday. A little better today as it's just my neck but it makes it hard to do anything.
Goals will be simple this week
1. eat sensibly
2. drink 6 glasses of water
3. 4 servings veggies/fruit

All the water must be helping because I'm back down to the weight I was.

Jenn
Jenn, I am so sorry to hear. "Just" your neck can still be a lot too. And when one part of the body is out of line, it can affect others as well as mood. I hope you find relief. Simple goals are a good idea.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I’m late to the party this week. Was super busy with work yesterday. Popped in and read for a while. Then I couldn’t log in. Anyway, I ended last week with going 300 over on my calories on Sunday (a late-night pretzel & cheese encounter), so am trying harder this week.

LiquidLizard - ***I'm going to grocery shop after work today and get some decent food back in the house. Lack of healthy options at work and home was a big issue for me last week.*** That’s really key, isn’t it. I’m as happy munching on celery or kale chips as potato chips -- but they have to be right there in front of me.

Epi - good going on the weight loss.

Tori - Hi there! Who is WHN? White hunky numbskull? Wealthy macho nut?Wide-eyed massive nerd?

Kali - I love to munch on celery. It’s not so much that I like it, but I think, at least for me, chewing helps to satisfy hunger. I don’t think I’d do well on a liquid diet.

April - wow - you did a lot of walking last week.

Jenn - hope you’ll be feeling better soon. I don’t know what the problem is with your neck, but have you tried wearing a neck brace (the kind you can buy at the drug store)? I once suffered with a sore neck for 3 weeks. Finally went to the doctor. He told me to wear one of those braces at night. Two days later I was fine. The dr said during the day healing occurs because we conciously limit movement; at night, we re-injure ourselves.

Mern - glad you’re sounding so energetic and chipper. And a 3 lb loss - wonderful!

Sorry I didn’t respond to everyone - have to go now...

1. Calories under 1300: 1020
2. An hour extra movement a day: Y, Y,
3. No sugar, white flour: Y,
4. Small bites and put fork down between bites.- still not a habit - sometimes I start a meal doing this, and then by the end am shoveling it in - not because I’m hungry - just because I’m eating mindlessly
Old 04-16-2013, 12:50 PM
FitDay Member

I'm struggling to get the water in, today, folks. Didn't get my first sip until 4. You see, if I know I'm not going to be near a decent bathroom, I try to avoid water-loading (TMI? Maybe ). Ladies, you know public ladies' rooms can be a bit... dicey... and today was one of those days when public was all that was going to be available. I'll go parched, thank you. Anyway, with such a late start, I'll do good to get in the 1500ml. I have 1000 in already, so it's possible.

On a more pleasant note, I said I was going to get that soup started tonight and, indeed, I did! It's cooling now so I can portion it out for the freezer. I'm not sure how it turned out -- I used a few different ingredients. I sampled a bit (and yes, I will be logging those nibbles and tastes ), but it was a bit too hot and new to be able to really get a feel for it. Crossed fingers it's good.

See you tomorrow!
Old 04-16-2013, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by episode2011
You see, if I know I'm not going to be near a decent bathroom, I try to avoid water-loading (TMI? Maybe ).
Oh, this is sooo me. Some days I do evals in the jail, and even in the intake area where I am, the only toilets are stainless steel and connected to a sink. Thoroughly foul and I don't drink anything until I'm out of there for the day!

Hope you enjoy your soup!
Old 04-16-2013, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

1. Keep cals below 1300. 793, 1187
2. Some form of exercise daily. Short session with weights, C25K
3. Say no at least once. Yes, and it was not pretty
4. Stay caught up with work to keep weekend reasonably free. So far, so good, Same today
5. Take vitamins and supplements. Forgot fish oil; others yes, Yes
6. Do something fun at least 4 times. Watched a bit of Netflix with the boy; rest of day = decidedly unfun, Three hours of exciting HS tennis
Old 04-16-2013, 06:57 PM
FitDay Member

5'2"
44" - 46" 04/16/2013 Waist
225lbs - 221lbs 04/16/2013 Weight
Age 22

Calories - Under 1700 - No 2008 - No Major, Full English Breakfast and a KFC. - No 1909 - Yes 1399
Fruit & Veg - 3 or more - No 1 - No 1 - No 2 - Yes 3
Exercise - 30 mins a day - Yes 45 - No 10 - Yes 60 - Yes 30
Exercise - 10 sit-ups a day - No 3 - No 0 - Yes 15 - Yes 10
4 Glasses of Water - N/A - N/A - N/A - Yes 5
No Fizzy Pop - N/A - N/A - N/A - No 1/2 a bottle
No Tea - N/A - N/A - N/A - No 1 cup

I now have my ab circle pro, let the tummy disappear.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:31 PM
FitDay Member

Default Tues.

Tuesday:
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 55, 20
  • Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 1110, 1468
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 146, 144
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 3, 3
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 45, 65
Old 04-17-2013, 12:23 AM
FitDay Member

Goals...
1. Water, lots of it M: yes, T: yes and then some!,
2. Walk 10 miles this week M: 2miles, T: 0,
3. Planned food except dinner (since I'm not the cook) M: yes, T: yes,
4. Work out before work twice M: No, T: Yes, W: No,
5. Work out after work twiceM: Yes, T: Yes,

Yesterday's nail appointment may have killed my chances for a 10 mile week since it is sprinkling rain today again. I hope it clears up for lunch time like it did yesterday. And maybe if it is just light like it is this morning I will brave it for a bit with an umbrella. That would be a first but it could be done. Since I can make laps around our building (each lap = 1/4 mile) I am always about 1/3 of the way to an entrance in case it would rain hard suddenly.

Worked out again last night for about 40-45 minutes. Did a warm up for 5 minutes then put on the video I had decided on and it had a warm up included so just went through it too. Then pulled up a cool down video. Question??? Do you guys make sure to always cool down after a sweaty workout? The guy (Daniel) on my workouts says it helps to release all of the toxins and lactic acid that is built up in your body from exercising. I need to google this I guess but just wondered if anyone here knew about it.

Mike.... Do I need to add my 16yr old son to my car insurance now that he has a driver's permit or is that a state specific law that I should call and ask my agent? I don't really want to pay extra for him if I don't have to yet. LOL
Old 04-17-2013, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator

Good job on the workout, April!

As far as cool down, I just do some stretching for 2-3 minutes (depending on the exercise and how vigorous). I know that one time I did a cardio workout, was tight on time, so I just showered and sat in my office for the rest of the day, and I was wicked sore (more than the normal good sore from a workout) for days. So I do at least a little stretch.

Our experience with the license was that we called our insurance and added him to the policy with the learner's, but he was not a "rated" driver (had to pay premium) until he actually got his license. Good luck...I hope you enjoy that process with your son. Our driver's manual said to look at it as a bonding experience .
Old 04-17-2013, 01:14 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for the week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes, yes
  • At least 1500ml water per day: 2000ml, yes
  • Maintain 7-day calorie rolling average under 1550 (day/7-day average): 1496/1415, 1350/1422
  • Maintain 7-day sodium rolling average under 1500mg (day/7-day average): 1426/882, 1900/938
  • No red entries on this report: Monday, Tuesday
  • Study every day: yes, yes
So far, so good. I need to keep the sodium low for the next few days, though. Tuesday was a high sodium day (and I know why -- a piece of yummy Naan bread), but the 7-day average is still respectable. A few lower days will/should compensate.

Happy Wednesday, everybody!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.