FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational starting 4/8/13: Jump Back on the Wagon (you know you want to) (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/9407-7-day-motivational-starting-4-8-13-jump-back-wagon-you-know-you-want.html)

canary52 04-08-2013 02:11 AM

7 Day Motivational starting 4/8/13: Jump Back on the Wagon (you know you want to)

Where are you guys? Fine, I will start.

1) 1300 calories or less except on group dinner/movie night Saturday
2) 6 glasses of water, count them
3) do not slack on the stretching
4) walk or mild gym...
5)... but do not overdo
6) meditate
7) read a poem a day (April is National Poetry month AND my birthday month.)
8) lose between a pound or two this week and do not find it again!!!
9) practice Spanish

And you?

canary52 04-08-2013 02:14 AM

Miiiiiiiiiike, Caaaaaaaaaasie, three of us started threads this week. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!!!!

episode2011 04-08-2013 02:24 AM

I'll roll mine up into yours, Hope :).

Goals for the week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions:
  • At least 1500ml water per day:
  • Maintain 7-day calorie rolling average under 1550:
  • Maintain 7-day sodium rolling average under 1500mg:
  • Study every day:

Hope, I hope your plateau is broken! Wouldn't that be a great way to start off a new week?

Carolyn, your comment last week regarding my goal of 4-week averages made me re-evaluate a few things. While 4-weeks gives a good "big-picture", it may be too broad for monitoring purposes. This week, I'm going to try using the 7-day rolling average, instead. Thanks for helping me re-think things!

New week, new start! Let's go!

jjrudd 04-08-2013 02:59 AM

I'm keeping the same goals as last week

GOALS
1. 4 servings of fruits and veggies
2. 6 glasses of water minimum
3. Eat within carb limit
4. Exercise 5X for 30 mins (even if it's 15 mins twice)
5. No donuts, muffins--JUST COFFEE!!!
6. Lose 2lbs--Putting this out there as a goal so at least have it in my head
7. Log

I need to start eating more fruits and veggies! I have gained another pound and it is definetely going in the wrong direction! I know I am eating too many carbs so I need to start logging again so I can keep an eye on calories.
I really wanted to lose weight before my birthday in June.

Jenn

canary52 04-08-2013 03:03 AM

Jenn, I am with you on the fruits and veg. Fruits I can do. Veg is harder for me. I like em but I'm lazy.

Epixi, I am DETERMINED to break my plateau!!! Then part of me says should I just accept myself as I am and the other part says I'm hungry. So you see what I'm dealing with here: the many me's, haha.

whyme7 04-08-2013 03:08 AM

Good Morning!
Im not jumping back o the weight loss wagon-just back on the fitday wagon as I have been mia!!

I am have lot a little over 6 pounds in 2weeks. The only thing different is that I have been taking my thyroid meds (I reorder through the mail and there was over a month lag-I know I know) and I haven't walked in over a week.

I am 5 weeks ago from vaca and my goal is in sight! If I continue with the momentum I'll meet it!

This weeks goals:

1) Continue with good log and 1,400 calories a day
2) Add in 30 minutes of exercise every day (walking now that the weather is nice)

01gt4.6 04-08-2013 03:34 AM

I stuck this one, because this is the one everyone posted in. I'll delete the others. I wanted to wait for Kali, I wanted to give her a chance to copy and paste her goals

canary52 04-08-2013 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by whyme7 (Post 97716)
Good Morning!
Im not jumping back o the weight loss wagon-just back on the fitday wagon as I have been mia!!

I am have lot a little over 6 pounds in 2weeks. The only thing different is that I have been taking my thyroid meds (I reorder through the mail and there was over a month lag-I know I know) and I haven't walked in over a week.

I am 5 weeks ago from vaca and my goal is in sight! If I continue with the momentum I'll meet it!

This weeks goals:

2) Add in 30 minutes of exercise every day (walking now that the weather is nice)

Welcome whyme. You're doing great!!! Great to have a vaca as incentive. Walking is one of my goals too now that the weather will hopefully be nice.

canary52 04-08-2013 03:36 AM

Thanks, Mike!!! Where are your goals? No poem? Oh and no beard? Pic? How does GF feel about the lack of beard?

carolynnq 04-08-2013 04:24 AM

I finally broke through my 155 plateau. What I’m most happy about, though, is not gorging on some Trader Joe almond croissants. Each one was 360 calories!!!! I ate a third of one (so I failed on no sugar & white flour yesterday). But I’m so pleased with myself that I was able to stop with that one piece (the FitDay food log was in my mind).

Kali - from your post on the other thread - 8 lbs in 2 weeks is awesome. Congrats.

epixi - yeah, for me, at least for now, eating is a one day at a time thing. I don’t beat myself up if I go over because most days I’m under, but I need that daily goal to strive for.

Hope - this can be the week you break your plateau. I know with your movement issues, you can’t do as much as you’d like.I hear you about the dichotomy in the messages we send ourselves. Love yourself the way you are -- but part of the way you are is your drive to learn and grow. You’re doing that with your writing and learning Spanish. And you’re also doing that with your desire to be at a more healthful weight.

Jenn - most mornings I sautee some spinach or green beans, onions,chopped tomatoes, and mushrooms, add an egg and 1/3 slice of pepper jack cheese. That’s at least 1 serving of veg out of the way.

whyme - 6 lbs in 2 weeks. That’s fantastic!

1. Calories under 1400
2. An hour extra movement a day
3. No sugar, white flour
4. Small bites and put fork down between bites.-Working on it and I'm remembering to do it more often.

01gt4.6 04-08-2013 04:46 AM

Monday 3/11/13 - 197.4
Monday 3/18/13 - 188.8
Monday 3/25/13 - 184.0
Monday 4/01/13 - 186.0
Monday 4/08/13 - 183.4

1) Lose 3 pounds
2) 100+ ounces of water per day
3) post daily
4) take all vitamins daily

kali87 04-08-2013 06:13 AM

KAPAWO! Trying to be productive kinda ....over produced lol

Here is what I posted in the other one:

So.....back at my desk...and back online I go!!!

My goals for the week:

1) Clear / "Good" Liquids - 3L a day.
2) Cut out dairy - only greek yogurt and milk in tea – NO CHEESE!!! -
3) Running a week without added sugar. No sugar in drinks, no sugary sweets, no sugary deserts.
4) Try at least 3 new recipes this week
5) Try some form of new exercise

2 weeks and 8lbs down. Lots to go….One thing I hate is the weight range of “Obese”. The little calculator says I need to be between 120-160lbs for my height and age…..I honestly honestly don’t know if I even have 100 extra lbs on me :S. The lightest ive been as an adult is 190, and I was pretty comfortable there. So Im aiming for 190 to start.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Thanks for letting me copy and paste before the delete!! :)

jjrudd 04-08-2013 06:28 AM

Wow Kali, ambitious goals! I found an online calculator for BMI and weight that included what would be a healthy range. I think some of them calculate a little low. Everybody (and BODY) is different.

Had salad for lunch so had lots of veggies AND cleaned my flithy kitchen. YAY!!

Jenn

Robingen 04-08-2013 07:41 AM

Yes Kali, I agree that you need to go with what feels right to you. Those BMI's are just guidelines and I agree with Jenn, every "body" is different.

Speaking of Jenn- nice job with the veggies and the cleaning. I am using salads and green smoothies mostly to get my vegetables in, it's not always easy.

Goals:
1. Take time to myself
2. Walk >10k
3. Drink green tea
4. Bring lunches to work
5. No take out.
6. Keep cals 1200-1400

kali87 04-08-2013 07:51 AM

I cant wait for gardening season! All this talk of salad and veggies makes me hungry haha.

Unfortunately the 2" of snow outside currently....dictates a bit of a wait haha.

Great results everyone! I definately see a few things I can pull across into my goals for next week haha.

carolynnq 04-08-2013 08:09 AM

Jenn - good job on the veggies.

I think some people are just more "solid" than others. When my son was younger, he and one of his friends were about the same height and both had average builds. But Davey was always a lot heavier. I always wondered if he had bigger and/or denser bones.

I watched a BBC show on YouTube - My Big Fat Diet. The host and 6 other women were trying to lose a dress size in 2 weeks, eating 1200 cals a day. They had created a “grocery store” in which everything was packaged in 100-calorie packs. The women “shopped” for each day’s food. It was really interesting to see the food (and drink) laid out like that. They let the public in to look - what people seemed most surprised at was the (small) amount of pasta that was in a 100-calorie bag. I think it would be cool to shop like that - go in and choose 3 packs for breakfast, 3 for lunch, 4 for dinner, and 2 snacks.

canary52 04-08-2013 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by carolynnq (Post 97736)
Jenn - good job on the veggies.

I think some people are just more "solid" than others. When my son was younger, he and one of his friends were about the same height and both had average builds. But Davey was always a lot heavier. I always wondered if he had bigger and/or denser bones.

I watched a BBC show on YouTube - My Big Fat Diet. The host and 6 other women were trying to lose a dress size in 2 weeks, eating 1200 cals a day. They had created a “grocery store” in which everything was packaged in 100-calorie packs. The women “shopped” for each day’s food. It was really interesting to see the food (and drink) laid out like that. They let the public in to look - what people seemed most surprised at was the (small) amount of pasta that was in a 100-calorie bag. I think it would be cool to shop like that - go in and choose 3 packs for breakfast, 3 for lunch, 4 for dinner, and 2 snacks.

I like this idea too. It seems fun. This also seems liek a good breakdown for 1200 calories, which add up quickly - for me anyway!!

I do think some people have denser bones or just are built differently.

Really nice breakfast, Jenn!!!

kali87 04-08-2013 08:39 AM

Ill throw this up here too if there is anyone struggling with the "green" intake :) I love love love these:

Coconut Green Smoothie Cups
2 cups coconut water
1/3 cup almonds
2 cups spinach
2 celery stalks, chopped
1/4 cup fresh mint
1/2 orange
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
2 cups frozen mango cubes

Place the ingredients in the order listed in a blender container and whirl until smooth. Divide mixture among 12 muffin cups and freeze until solid. When ready for a refreshing drink, place 1 cup coconut water or regular water in a blender followed by two of the green cups and whirl. If you don’t have a powerful blender, you might need to cut the frozen smoothie cups into quarters first.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-LLD1LrURkP...Smoothie1a.jpg

liquidlizard 04-08-2013 10:20 AM

Kali thank you for the green smoothie cups those sound awesome and really convenient.

Goals:

2000-2500 calories per day
Cholesterol under 250 mg per day
Lift weights 3 days
Walk or Elliptical 2 days
Take veggies to work everyday as part of my lunch.
Lose at least 2lbs

carolynnq 04-08-2013 11:16 AM

Nice weight loss, LiquidLizard.

Kali - those green smoothies sound good.

Mern 04-08-2013 11:36 AM

I'm back again. Despite your kind welcome backs and encouragement, I lasted only one day last week.

I'm going to try again to get back on the wagon. Did well so far today.

I know I can do this.

Welcome to all our new members. :)

cjohnson728 04-08-2013 01:01 PM

I am back, too. I had trouble with the site at one point and then trouble with our internet connection over the weekend. I wasn't able to log reliably but I think I made good choices (a couple slips) and at least tried to compensate when I slipped up. I also had two five-mile hikes (one very challenging) and a treadmill run on an off day.

Keeping goals pretty much the same:

1. Calories below 1300.
2. Move more...up the exercise.
3. Take vitamins and supplements.
4. Sleep enough.
5. Stay on top of work; don't get behind.

...and the perpetual three things I've constantly put off:

6. Email coach.
7. Call plumber.
8. Update Linked In profile.

Robingen 04-08-2013 02:29 PM

Welcome back Mern and Cassie! Missed you guys.

Kali. loved the idea on the ready made frozen smoothies. I am definitely going to try it, maybe this weekend. I had mixed green, banana, pineapple and mixed berries in my smoothie today. Looked like baby poo and tasted like berries :)

I blew my cal limit today and not sure why. 1748. And I am still hungry. I am thinking that it might be because I had spaghetti for supper?! I'm not a big pasta eater and seemed like a small and not very filling meal for the cal count.

So today's deficit is very small - just over 100. Thank goodness I walked 2k today.

I am gonna go do yoga and go to bed before I eat any things else.

carolynnq 04-08-2013 03:15 PM

Mike - the pounds are falling right off of you.

Robin - that's cool that you teach yoga. ***I am gonna go do yoga and go to bed before I eat any things else. *** LOL. That's what I do too when the late night cravings get too strong -- the going to bed part.

Cassie - good to see you back. Glad you were able to get some hikes in.

Mern - glad to see you back too. Many times I've thought about how losing weight (at least for me) is very much like Alcoholics Anonymous or any 12-step program where you concentrate on today. If I look at the past, I beat myself up, and if I think too far ahead, losing the pounds seems impossible. But for today, it's a realistic goal to stay under 1300 calories, avoid sugar & white flour. So, just keep plugging away, one day at a time.

cjohnson728 04-08-2013 05:17 PM

Checking in:

1. Calories below 1300. 1247
2. Move more...up the exercise. Hit the weights for a little bit tonight
3. Take vitamins and supplements. Yes
4. Sleep enough. Yes
5. Stay on top of work; don't get behind. So far, so good

...and the perpetual three things I've constantly put off:

6. Email coach.
7. Call plumber.
8. Update Linked In profile.

dmartz 04-09-2013 12:38 AM

• Calories Avg. 1400 /day: 936
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 100
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 2
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 60
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 55
These goals seem to be working. Start the week low, end with a bang.

Hope: Again with the poetry? Is this going to go on all month? Oh, the pressure ~ ! (Wipes brow with the back of hand, eyes raised.)

Epix: I'm good with the 7 day averages, just not the rolling part. My pattern is too predictable.

Jenn: May I suggest 'vegetables and fruit' instead. I can eat fruits all day, so I don't have that as a goal. If I did, I'd never get enough veggies. And if I wasn't so OCD I'd have a higher vegetable count by including things like olives and avocados. And I'm with you on 'no muffins,' to which I might add, no crackers! Cracker are deceptively sneaky when it comes to calories even if they are whole grain.

-- ~ --

What is this? A poem, a song, a
paean?
to what?
I'm an engineer, not a writer... How
could it be I,
what?
write? A poem?
It's got no rhyme,
no reason,
maybe it's a PoMo poem?

- Donna

episode2011 04-09-2013 02:40 AM

Goals for the week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions: yes
  • At least 1500ml water per day: yes
  • Maintain 7-day calorie rolling average under 1550 (day/7-day average): 1466/1566
  • Maintain 7-day sodium rolling average under 1500mg (day/7-day average): 1172/1245
  • Study every day: yes

Mern, I'm so glad you're back. Yay! You, too, Cassie!

Kali, you're very creative with the vegetables. Nice job!

As always, Mike, you're chugging right along.

Carolyn and Jenn, I agree with you regarding the varying denseness of bodies because I have a dense one. I weigh more than what I look like (I think). I also look younger than I am, so I've been told. Or maybe I'm just fooling myself -- wouldn't be the first time :D.

Donna, the week is one day old and you've already done nearly 50% of your workout goal! Well done!

Robin and Carolyn, my answer to the late-night cravings is to brush my teeth. I hate to ruin that oh-so-minty freshness with more food :D. It doesn't always work, though.

Looks like we're all off to a good start for the week, folks! Let's keep it going!

kali87 04-09-2013 02:40 AM

My goals for the week:

1) Clear / "Good" Liquids - 3L a day. Monday
Monday
3) Running a week without added sugar. No sugar in drinks, no sugary sweets, no sugary deserts. Monday
4) Try at least 3 new recipes this week Eeeh....not yet...need groceries haha

My mother in law brought us back some treats from her visit to Africa! I can say Ostrich jerky is actually pretty tasty haha. I also (unfortunately) have some white chocolate stashed in my desk now too. But I still have christmas chocolate in there so hopefully I can resist temptation of white chocolate jelly tots!!

carolynnq 04-09-2013 04:48 AM

Hi Kali - ostrich jerky! Sounds yummy. I just made myself a cup of tea and chose an Earl Grey from Africa to go along with your jerky.

Donna - liked your poem/non-poem.

Epi - I use the "brush your teeth" trick too. My teeth have never been so clean!

Where is everybody? I had trouble logging in this morning - maybe other people are having trouble too. My usual trick of logging out and then logging in again, resulted in an error message when I would try to log out.

1. Calories under 1300: 1178
2. An hour extra movement a day Y
3. No sugar, white flour N (I had a 25-calorie gumball - it wasn't worth it!)
4. Small bites and put fork down between bites.-Working on it and I'm remembering to do it more often.

01gt4.6 04-09-2013 05:04 AM

I weighed in this morning at 181.2. I can't seem to shake the PB&J sammiches but the weight is still coming off. It's not coming off as fast as it was a few weeks ago, but then my diet was CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN.

So I'm down 16.2 pounds, in about a month. Most of it was in the first two weeks. Progress is slowing but it's there. I don't know if I'll hit my goal of 170, by my birthday (May 9th), I think the last 11 pounds will require me to give up my PB&J sammiches (or cheat days).:mad:

Monday 3/11/13 - 197.4
Monday 3/18/13 - 188.8
Monday 3/25/13 - 184.0
Monday 4/01/13 - 186.0
Monday 4/08/13 - 183.4

1) Lose 3 pounds -2.2
2) 100+ ounces of water per day yes
3) post daily yes
4) take all vitamins daily yes

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...ps6dce8fbd.jpg

01gt4.6 04-09-2013 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by whyme7 (Post 97716)

This weeks goals:

welcome back. You sound a lot like me, staring at a vaca a month away. Congrats on your big loss in such a short time.

Originally Posted by carolynnq (Post 97722)
I finally broke through my 155 plateau. What I’m most happy about, though, is not gorging on some Trader Joe almond croissants. Each one was 360 calories!!!! I ate a third of one (so I failed on no sugar & white flour yesterday). But I’m so pleased with myself that I was able to stop with that one piece (the FitDay food log was in my mind).

1. Calories under 1400
2. An hour extra movement a day
3. No sugar, white flour

Congrats on busting through the plateau. #4 seems like a difficult goal to me.

Originally Posted by kali87 (Post 97729)

2 weeks and 8lbs down. Lots to go….One thing I hate is the weight range of “Obese”. The little calculator says I need to be between 120-160lbs for my height and age…..I honestly honestly don’t know if I even have 100 extra lbs on me :S. The lightest ive been as an adult is 190, and I was pretty comfortable there. So Im aiming for 190 to start.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Thanks for letting me copy and paste before the delete!! :)

Congrats!!! You're welcome, it was no problem. :)

Originally Posted by Robingen (Post 97734)

Goals:
1. Take time to myself
2. Walk >10k
3. Drink green tea
4. Bring lunches to work
5. No take out.
6. Keep cals 1200-1400

I bet you're going to kill the walking again today. I bet you can do 15k!

Originally Posted by liquidlizard (Post 97741)

Goals:

2000-2500 calories per day
Cholesterol under 250 mg per day
Lift weights 3 days
Walk or Elliptical 2 days
Take veggies to work everyday as part of my lunch.
Lose at least 2lbs

Great loss already!

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 97743)
I know I can do this.

I know you can too! You got this Mern!!!

Originally Posted by carolynnq (Post 97748)
Mike - the pounds are falling right off of you.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by dmartz (Post 97763)
  • Calories Avg. 1400 /day: 936
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 100
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 2
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 60
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 55
These goals seem to be working. Start the week low, end with a bang.

- Donna

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Originally Posted by episode2011 (Post 97766)
Goals for the week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions: yes
  • At least 1500ml water per day: yes
  • Maintain 7-day calorie rolling average under 1550 (day/7-day average): 1466/1566
  • Maintain 7-day sodium rolling average under 1500mg (day/7-day average): 1172/1245
  • Study every day: yes
As always, Mike, you're chugging right along.

Thank you. Youre off to another strong start.

Originally Posted by kali87 (Post 97767)
My goals for the week:

1) Clear / "Good" Liquids - 3L a day. Monday
Monday
3) Running a week without added sugar. No sugar in drinks, no sugary sweets, no sugary deserts. Monday
4) Try at least 3 new recipes this week Eeeh....not yet...need groceries haha

Great job so far.

Originally Posted by carolynnq (Post 97769)
1. Calories under 1300: 1178
2. An hour extra movement a day Y
3. No sugar, white flour N (I had a 25-calorie gumball - it wasn't worth it!)

gumballs are never worth it.

canary52 04-09-2013 07:39 AM

Mern and Cassie, so glad to see you guys back. You're like family (the good kind), FD family. Mern, don't worry if you slip, just as long as you come back and don't give up!!! Cassie, I hate when the website acts sucky but you're doing great.

Donna, I love the poem. An engineer and a poet!!! Why not?

Mike, you are rocking and rolling. You and GF are gonna back in top shape for your vaca.

I am eating like crazy today: I think because I am tired. But after going a bit crazy, I came here and logged (840+ by 3 pm) I can still cut my gains (instead of cut my losses, get it?) I am so tired. I think that's why I'm eating so much. I am eating my fatigue.

canary52 04-09-2013 07:44 AM

1) 1300 calories or less except on group dinner/movie night Saturday- 1241
2) 6 glasses of water, count them -7
3) do not slack on the stretching -yes
4) walk or mild gym... was not well enough, I know, excuses, excuses
5)... but do not overdo - see above
6) meditate -no :(
7) read a poem a day (April is National Poetry month AND my birthday month.) yes
8) lose between a pound or two this week and do not find it again!!! not yet
9) practice Spanish - si, mucho

Mern 04-09-2013 09:21 AM

Everyone, thanks to all of you who posted personal messages of encouragement to me. I DO need to concentrate on TODAY. beating oneself up over the past does no good. I'm doing baby steps, but I'm doing it. I won't give up. :)

I haven't had time to catch up on the posts. I haven't logged my food, either, but I know from experience I'm OK on my carbs, sat fat, and cholesterol; not so sure if I got enough protein or fiber, though. I was right about dreading getting on the scale. I predicted I'm back up to about 230 and when I weighed a couple days ago I was 228.5. But I CAN say, my highest weight ever was 246, so I HAVEN'T gained ALL of it back.

Kudos to all of you who are doing well and huge hugs of encouragement to those who are not. WE CAN DO THIS!

jjrudd 04-09-2013 10:01 AM

Mern, I too have gained back some of the weight I lost. :(
A good day foodwise. We did stop at "the place that shall remain nameless" but I only had coffee. I had homemade squash soup for lunch (one veg!) and stew for dinner with broccoli so I got 4 veggies in--read em 4!!! I'll probably have a piece of fruit later or watermelon. I'll need to log it later to see what my carbs were.
I think I'll probably only be at 5 glasses of water.

Hoping I can turn this around!
Jenn

carolynnq 04-09-2013 10:18 AM

Mike - Ha! #4 (eating small bites & putting fork down between bites) is hardest. It seems like it should be easiest as it doesn't involve any deprivation, but it's really hard to remember to do it. Maybe I could invent a fork that delivers an electric shock if held for longer than 10 seconds. When I concentrate on the taste of the food, I've found that I get just as much flavor from a small bite as from a large one for pretty much everything. So taking small bites is a way to extend eating pleasure (if it's something good). But I've eaten quickly for so many years, it's a hard habit to break.

Jenn - way to go on the vegetables.

Hope - *** I am eating my fatigue.**** That sentence really resonated with me. I think that's what I did - I'm going to think about that for a bit.

Mern - yes, you CAN do it!

cjohnson728 04-09-2013 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by carolynnq (Post 97791)
Hope - *** I am eating my fatigue.**** That sentence really resonated with me. I think that's what I did - I'm going to think about that for a bit.

And me as well. I know it's not the same kind of fatigue as Hope's, and major props to her for coping with that, but just goes to show how everything ties together. Thanks for putting that excellent point out there, Hope.

Jenn, congrats on the veggies :)

Mern, hugs to you...glad to "see" you and you are right; we can do it!

carolynnq, I always remember gumballs and being disappointing :(. So pretty, yet so....ick.

canary52 04-09-2013 02:05 PM

Carolynn, the putting down the fork and eating more slowly resonated with me so we learn and get support from each other.

Glad it reached you too, Cassie,and thanks for acknowledging my situation. But we all face challenges and fatigue, especially in our fast paced world, is one of em and I do believe it causes us to overeat.

What is that expression re: overeating? So not get too HALT: Hungry, angry, lonley tired. All this touches me, especially hungry, if I wait too long to eat, I eat much more. And tired.

Speaking of which, g'nite all.

01gt4.6 04-09-2013 03:47 PM

Hope, shouldn't that be "g'nite Y'ALL"? Sheesh, yanks... I swear. :)

cjohnson728 04-09-2013 05:44 PM

1. Calories below 1300. 1247, 1125
2. Move more...up the exercise. Hit the weights for a little bit tonight, Yes-C25K
3. Take vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes
4. Sleep enough. Yes, Yes
5. Stay on top of work; don't get behind. So far, so good, Yes