Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational starting 4/8/13: Jump Back on the Wagon (you know you want to) >

7 Day Motivational starting 4/8/13: Jump Back on the Wagon (you know you want to)

Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 4/8/13: Jump Back on the Wagon (you know you want to)

Old 04-11-2013, 02:25 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning, everyone! We made it past Wednesday, Humpday! Yay!

So you're a golfer, eh, Piwacket? Fantastic! I knew I liked you! I'm a lapsed golfer -- played frequently a few years ago but we moved out of state, our finances changed radically (not for the better) and something had to go. The fees here are far more expensive here than what I had been paying and my (lack of) talent doesn't justify the expense. That said, I made it a goal to get back to it this year. I found a course that's fairly close and relatively inexpensive. I think I can do maybe one round a week. I'm just waiting for the course to open. While I wait, I'll watch the tournament this weekend .

Welcome, welcome, mechellemechelle! So glad you're here! With those goals, you look like you're off to a grand start!

Hope, 1299, nice!!! (I hope you're feeling better soon).

Mike, Chinese food, how could you resist? And I'll bet dollars to donuts (oi, what a saying!) it won't be as bad as you anticipate.

Robin, of the four activities (reading, posting, planning and logging), I'd say logging is the most important. You did it, so good for you! And you're still on the wagon, so it's all good.

As for me:

Goals for the week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions: yes, yes, yes
  • At least 1500ml water per day: yes, yes, 2000ml
  • Maintain 7-day calorie rolling average under 1550 (day/7-day average): 1466/1566, 1299/1556, 1064/1490
  • Maintain 7-day sodium rolling average under 1500mg (day/7-day average): 1172/1245, 1521/1327, 483/1158
  • Study every day: yes, yes, yes

Hah! Got that 7-day rolling average back under 1550 (calories). Now the goal is to keep it under. Make it a great Thursday, everyone!
Old 04-11-2013, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, I so get you.

My family wants me to join them for "their" dinner once or twice a week. Last night was boneless pork chops with cheesy, buttery potatoes and mixed vegetables. I passed on the potatoes, ate lots of the veggies (no butter or salt) and had a pork chop. Man did that pork chop taste good!!!! But they are so high in calories and fat that I gain half a pound. Not too worried; just longer and harder on the Nordic Track today.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

You guys!!! Do not enable Mike!!! Where is the tough love he gives us?????? LOL. Mike, you know I just have to bust y'all's chops.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

Carol Lynn,

I think there are a lot of "us" out there that could eat anything and then there's a wall and boom!!! It's hard to get your mind to realize that things have changed and you have to think about what's going your mouth now. My cousin has always had to watch what she eats and she's in great shape at 59. It's just the norm for her. She's given me some good tips but the reality is that I have to accept my "today" body abilities and forget the old one. I definitely have to exercise to lose the weight in any measurable amount.

Pamela Peeke, M.D. wrote a wonderful book titled "Fight Fat After Forty". It is wonderful because it explains how menopause (pre & Peri) effects a woman's body, how fat is stored, etc. It's very motivating. She has also written a companion book titled "Body for Life for Women". It's a 12 week program to get you back into shape. I just bought that one but I am going to re-read the first as a "tune up".

Good luck on making your goals.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

Episode2011,

Yes, I am a golfer and tennis player. I am definitely a better golfer. I understand what you mean about the expense of golf. That is why I said I use to carry my bag. I have also had to cut out the tennis. Financially, things have been very hard. We had to sue a client for payment of nearly 3/4 million. Although we won, we still need to collect and then we will have to pay legal fees out of it, etc. It really hurt my husband's company. Stress can really send you to the refrigerator for some comfort. I am trying to get on the Nordic Track when I really feel the stress. One of the reasons I started the diet now is because it's tax season and I do the bookkeeping (which is a joke as I went to college for art, sculpture to be specific). I use to be quite a good golfer. One of the local pros felt that I could become a scratch or plus handicapper if I practiced hard enough. But that cost money so I am a 20 without any practice. I am very flexible so I have very good length and that helps my score a lot.

Congrats on making your last goal early. That's really wonderful and inspiring.

Hey does anyone know where the site is located? There's a big time difference between when I blog and the time listed.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:27 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, I know you know it's not the fact that you had Chinese food, but the quantity. I feel for you though. Despite my well-laid plans to have a limited amount of foods like that, good intentions slip away.

epi - Good job this week - keep it up!

piwacket - I'll have to look at those books. Everything I've read about weight gain after menopause is demotivating! Regarding the time zone - if you go to User CP (at the left of the blue bar above), and then to "Edit Options" - you can choose your time zone.

Hope - today's the day to get your mediation in!

I wonder where Jezzie is.

1. Calories under 1300: 1118, 1299 (just slipped in under the wire!)
2. An hour extra movement a day: Y, Y,
3. No sugar, white flour: Y, N
4. Small bites and put fork down between bites.-Working on it and I'm remembering to do it more often.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:05 AM
Super Moderator

Monday 3/11/13 - 197.4
Monday 3/18/13 - 188.8
Monday 3/25/13 - 184.0
Monday 4/01/13 - 186.0
Monday 4/08/13 - 183.4, Tues 181.2, Wed 181.6, Thurs 182.6

1) Lose 3 pounds -.8
2) 100+ ounces of water per day yes, yes, yes
3) post daily yes, yes, yes
4) take all vitamins daily yes, yes, yes

Old 04-11-2013, 05:31 AM
FitDay Member

Default Wed.

• Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 936, 1218, 949
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 100, 194, 105
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 2, 1, 3
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 60, 0, 55
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 55, 69, 37
Old 04-11-2013, 08:29 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to all our new members. So glad to have all of you here. I joined 2011 an have been messing around off the wagon, feeling sorry for myself and regaining weight, and am back.

I should be logging every bite of food I put in my mouth to keep track of my calories, carbs, fiber, sat fat, cholesterol intake, and protein. I know pretty much from experience what I can and cannot eat and hope that soon I can get back to logging because I need to log to assure longterm success.

I'm not back to exercising yet, but am doing better on my eating and water and am down a pound and a half since Monday.

I haven't had time to read the thread or log my food because I have other stuff going on and honestly, I just do not have the time to do all I should be doing. But things should get back to normal in a couple months and all will be well again and you all will probably get tired of my monopolizing the conversation here. LOL
Old 04-11-2013, 09:06 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Carol Lynn, I am now set for EST.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.