2000-2500 calories per day no, yes
Cholesterol under 250 mg per dayno, yes
Lift weights 3 days lifted tues
Walk or Elliptical 2 days
Take veggies to work everyday as part of my lunch.no, yes
Lose at least 2lbs we'll see...
I ate way too much on Monday. I went to a buffet with my family and although I got small portions the meal just got out of control. In the end it made me want to be healthy even more. I didn't want to throw in the towel. I logged in all the stuff I ate and resolved to do better.
I'm going out with my wife for our anniversary in about 10 days so I want to make some solid progress so can justify eating more.
It very encouraging to hear about everyone progress.
Early March 2013 - 355lbs
April 1st 2013 - 335lbs
Maintain 7-day calorie rolling average under 1550 (day/7-day average): 1466/1566, 1299/1556
Maintain 7-day sodium rolling average under 1500mg (day/7-day average): 1172/1245, 1521/1327
Study every day: yes, yes
I need a few more lower calorie days to bring that 7-day average comfortably under 1550. Definitely doable. Tuesday was a bit high on sodium (and I know why), but other than that, we're rolling along. Happy Wednesday, everyone!
~ Epixi, a work in progress
Female, endomorph ( doomed from the start)
Target BMI = under 25 (lbs to lose = 50)
Desired BMI range = 22-23 (total lbs to lose = 65-70)
Sept 10, 2014: BMI = 32.89
Monday, Aug 17, 2015: BMI = 28.43
Total lost since start = 28.5lbs
Plagued by constant log-offs? Try this: before hitting "Preview/Submit", COPY your post. When you get logged off, log back on, PASTE your post and "Preview/Submit".
Last edited by episode2011; 04-10-2013 at 01:57 PM.
UGH totalled my food yesterday and carbs were 175. Hmm only 10 over my allotment though--45 per meal and 15 for two snacks. It just looks like a lot! Broccoli 6 and carrots 12. I always forget to add in milk too. Calories for the day were 1250.
1) Clear / "Good" Liquids - 3L a day. Monday, Tuesday
2) Cut out dairy - only greek yogurt and milk in tea – NO CHEESE!!! -Monday, Tuesday
3) Running a week without added sugar. No sugar in drinks, no sugary sweets, no sugary deserts. Monday, Tuesday
4) Try at least 3 new recipes this week - Tuesday - I attempted Kimchi (korean spicy cabbage salad). Apparently....not terrible...but not the way I like it at the resturants haha.
5) Try some form of new exercise - Oh GAWD Jazzersize is not my thing. Most awkward hour of my life. Call me crazy but Im going to go back to lifting heavy stuff haha
All in all....feeling ok. I had a minor too-many-nuts mishap yesterday, but meh!
Happy Wednesday, everyone! Lots of good progress reported. Despite most of us having a weak moment (or two or three), we're moving in the right direction.
Hope - take care of yourself.
Originally Posted by liquidlizard
...I ate way too much on Monday. I went to a buffet with my family and although I got small portions the meal just got out of control. In the end it made me want to be healthy even more. I didn't want to throw in the towel. I logged in all the stuff I ate and resolved to do better...
Good for you for not letting one slip-up throw you off track. Just keep that goal of being healthy for yourself and your family in mind.
Originally Posted by kali87
5) Try some form of new exercise - Oh GAWD Jazzersize is not my thing. Most awkward hour of my life. Call me crazy but I'm going to go back to lifting heavy stuff haha
LOL. I hope you didn't sign up for 20 sessions! I've heard of it but never done it or even seen it. I'm off to youtube it to see what you went through!
Age 61, Height 5'9"
March 2010 145 lbs, Jan 2013 173 lbs
1st Goal 145 lbs 5/25
New goal 140