Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational starting April 1st: No fooling!!!  Let's Get April Started Right!! >

7 Day Motivational starting April 1st: No fooling!!! Let's Get April Started Right!!

Notices

7 Day Motivational starting April 1st: No fooling!!! Let's Get April Started Right!!

Old 04-02-2013, 12:38 AM
FitDay Member

carolynnq, hooray for a good day!

Donna, I'd never heard of a muffaletta before. Love your poem!

Jenn, I hear you with the spring cleaning. I've gotten through some of it already but I really need to tackle the cabinet under the bathroom sink before the clutter in there tackles me!

As for me, so far, so good, even though the scale shows some *cough*minor*cough* transgressions from last week...

Goals for the week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions: yes
  • At least 1500ml water per day: yes
  • Maintain 4-week 1500-1600 calorie average: yes
  • Maintain 4-week 1500mg (or less) sodium average: yes
  • Study every day: yes
Old 04-02-2013, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator

Morning, everyone!

A day late, but I'm here and glad to be. Easter was not a disaster and yesterday was crazy busy work-wise, but I stayed on plan as best I could, though I did not take the time to work out. Same goals for me this week, have to master the big stuff before fine-tuning the details again; Monday's report included:

1. Keep calories below 1300. 1200 is better, but often backfires in the evening. 1075
2. Make the time to get some exercise. Being busy is NOT an excuse. 6 days of workouts this week.
3. Take vitamins and supplements. Yes
4. Stay on top of work; falling behind makes it hard to catch up. Yes
5. Sleep. Enough. Fair

...and some stuff I keep putting off:

1. Email tennis coach.
2. Update Linked In profile.
3. Call plumber.
4. Do something I love...3 times this week at least.

Glad to see everyone here and motivated! Hope you all have a wonderful week and that it's starting to warm up where you are !
Old 04-02-2013, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

Plan:
one egg with cheese -yes
fruit (if there is any) - the last clementine, then bought fruit salad
gefilte fish and matzo crackers or salad with protein - one scoop tuna salad with salad and ff sf dressingturkey and corned beef roll ups - corned beef, a third of a pound of it, yikes! They gave us too little turkey and too much corned beef at the deli and DD doesn't eat beef
nuts - 100 cal pack
and there I feel down: 2 matzo cookies, bag of Terra Blue chips
small amount of dried fruit - some apricots
Old 04-02-2013, 02:12 AM
FitDay Member

1) 6 glasses water minimum - 6
2) plan or log - planned but went over
3) stretch - yes
4) walk or exercise in gym or at home - no
5) write - journal
6) play nice (don't be so touchy, grouchy and downright mean) - umm I was Ok
7) read a poem a day - yup plus I read some here lol!!!
8) learn a minimum of 3 Spanish words a day - si
Old 04-02-2013, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carolynnq
Hope - love your thread title! So many of us struggled last week -- it's perfect. I feel motivated just reading the title. I like reading other people's goals and food plans - it's interesting and sometimes it gives me ideas. Re your learning 3 Spanish words -- I had been learning Tagalog (one of my daughters in law is Filipino) - listening to CDs in the car. But then I stopped having to make a 45-min weekly drive, so mostly stopped. I'm not ready to add it to my weekly goals yet, but I'm now thinking about it.
So glad you like the title and happy you are here!! I'm glad people like my meal plans: I worried they would be boring. Regarding language, I have wanted to learn Spanish for a while now and am tryign to make it les intimidating. Spanish tv is fun. Too bad there is no Tagalog tv!! (is there?) Is it a hard language? It seems like it would be.

Donna, I love the lean greens poem and the ode to your muffaletta!!!

Last edited by canary52; 04-02-2013 at 02:24 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
I'm back. I fell into a rare stint of emotional eating and sedentary lifestyle, and went off my supplements--just didn't care. I missed weighing in at 9AM this morning, my usual time to weigh, but I'm guessing I'm around 230 lbs. now--I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt I am. 18 year old live-in GD got married on spring break from college and moved in that day with her husband, who lives with his parents just 4.5 miles away from my house. The baby is due in July--don't know yet the sex of the baby. She seems happy; her husband, mother-in-law and father-in-law are happy about the marriage and the baby. They are all good people. I just had my heart set on her finishing college before she ever got married or pregnant, whichever came first. I finally pulled myself up by my bootstraps and reminded myself I've lived through tougher things than this and everything will be OK in the end.

This weeks goals are simple: to resume logging every bite of food that goes into my mouth, baby steps to resume exercise--at least three days this week, and take all my supplements daily.
Mern, I missed you so much and I know I'm not the only one. I know you had anticipated some issues with everything going on and I know it must be hard but hang in there!!! You are tough and we got your back!!!! So glad you're back here!!!

Last edited by canary52; 04-02-2013 at 02:24 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:25 AM
Super Moderator

Monday 3/11/13 - 197.4
Monday 3/18/13 - 188.8
Monday 3/25/13 - 184.0

I had two cheat days to finish off the week. I finished off two pounds up. so I'm stating this Monday at 186.0, Tues 183.8

1) Lose 3 pounds -2.8
2) 100+ ounces of water per day yes
3) post daily yes
4) take all vitamins daily yes

I'm off to a good start this week but I'm still up 1 pound from my pre-cheat day weight.

Donna,
A muffaletta is wonderful, so are red beans
If you want the best, you have to come to New Orleans
The food we have here is mighty fine
Where else can you eat great food AND watch a second line?
Once you have a taste of the good deep south
You will realized that nothing so good has ever entered your mouth
I have one fair warning
It may put you in the pits
If you come to NOLA
Stay away from Voodoo chips
Once the voodoo is inside you
You'll be free to roam
No matter where you are
NOLA will now be your home
Old 04-02-2013, 02:26 AM
FitDay Member

Robin, have you tried acupuncture?

Jessie, 5 lbs in 2 weeks is a lot but you can do it.

Episode and cnorulak you are doing great!!! Glad you're both part of the group!!! We always enjoy having more good people.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:48 AM
FitDay Member

Mike is right, I can attest,
NOLA food is, no doubt, the best.
Coops at midnight for fried chicken,
And Cafe beignets cause finger licking,
Gumbo, crawfish, red beans and rice,
And etoufee is pretty nice,
The food is worth a million trips,
(And don't get me started on the Voodoo chips)
But NOLA is more than just its food,
It can dance a sourpuss into a festive mood
The weather's warm and so are the folks
Who gossip, laugh and trade odd jokes.
They talk funny - that's a fact,
and throw a parade at the drop of a hat.
They really let the good times roll,
That NOLA vodoo just grabs your soul.

Last edited by canary52; 04-02-2013 at 03:15 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

Cheat Day Alert:

Fpr now and the next couple of days, I will be cheating. Not on my husband, but on my diet. Yes. Tonight ends Passover and I will be eating the food I have felt deprived off. I will try and fit it into some kind of plan and try to limit the damage with small portions. So here goes:

Egg and egg white
burger or whatever protein I can find around this house (unless I bestir myself to shop) sardines?
100 calorie pack of nuts
dinner:
garlic bread (2 slices)
Salad with garlic and oil dressing
chicken or shrimp parm (half a portion if I can control myself)
a few bites of linguine with garlic and oil

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.