Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational starting April 1st: No fooling!!!  Let's Get April Started Right!! >

7 Day Motivational starting April 1st: No fooling!!! Let's Get April Started Right!!

Notices

7 Day Motivational starting April 1st: No fooling!!! Let's Get April Started Right!!

Old 04-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Is anyone else having problems with the site today?

It seems very slow, and I just tried to enter food into my food log. Every time I do, it takes me to a page with just the header across the top, no log. When I click on Forums to get out of there, it logs me out...
Old 04-02-2013, 10:30 AM
FitDay Member

Hope: ***Another idea from an otherwise terrible Spanish teacher I had: songs, children's books,*** That reminded me - there are a lot of great language videos on youtube by both pros & real people. For a while I was watching some by a mom teaching her 2 yr old Tagalog - that was just my level! I haven't tried Rosetta Stone but had been listening to the Pimsleur CDs.

epixi (I'm prouncing that "a pixie" in my head) - Japanese! Are you learning to read and write it too - or just speak? Yes, please...what's the name of that foreign radio app?

Mike - I've been to Nawlins twice, but not for many years. Loved the food, architecture, and people.

LOL at it being National Poetry month!

Hopefully all this poetry and foreign languages are distracting us from our cravings and bad habits!
Old 04-02-2013, 10:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by episode2011
Re all the poetry: You folks are so creative! Loving it! Do you come up with those on the spot or have they been mulling about in your brains for bit? New Orleans should most definitely considering hiring you for those "Come to New Orleans" promos!
My Muffaletta poem came to me when I woke up this morning, and I just got up and typed it in. I didn't even proof it (misspelt beckon). Then I started thinking about that poem, and poetry, and wrote another, which I spent a few of minutes on. It's not about New Orleans. I was going to save it for the 'Wednesday' poem, but why wait! Hope says it's poetry month!

Meta Poem

As I walk upon the beach
in my white
flannel trousers,
and reminisce
of the starlight
on the bay,
Biscayne
neither Eliot,
nor Stevens,
with his concupiscent curds
will cause me
to long for
peaches & ice cream.

Last edited by dmartz; 04-02-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:00 AM
FitDay Member

cjohnson (cassie, is it?), no problems with the site for me today. Sorry you're having trouble. That's always so irritating.

carolynnq, I'm saying e-pixie, so I think those are close. With regard to Japanese, I'm doing self study, learning reading, writing (typing, actually -- handwriting is hard!) , listening and attempting speaking. I'd love to have more practice in speaking but I don't have anyone to speak with so far. I speak out loud sometimes (and sometimes say little things in Japanese to the family) but I'm not sure I'm pronouncing things absolutely correctly.

The app I've been using for world radio stations is Tunein. I just got it a few days ago -- it's pretty neat (and it's free, which is always a bonus).

Mike, I was in NO once back in the late 80s. I was only in town for a few days and didn't have much time to take in the sights. That said, I had an absolutely lovely time. My strongest food memories are of Chef Paul's restaurant (we had a 4 hour wait and I'd do it again in a heartbeat), strong coffee and beignets. Ooooo the beignetts!!! Yum!
Old 04-02-2013, 11:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dmartz
My Muffaletta poem came to me when I woke up this morning, and I just got up and typed it in. I didn't even proof it (misspelt beckon). Then I started thinking about that poem, and poetry, and wrote another, which I spent a few of minutes on. It's not about New Orleans. I was going to save it for the 'Wednesday' poem, but why wait! Hope says it's poetry month!

Meta Poem

As I walk on the beach
in my white
flannel trousers,
and reminisce
of the starlight
on the bay,
Biscayne
neither Eliot,
nor Stevens,
with his concupiscent curds
will cause me
to long for
peaches & ice cream.
Dirty little former English major/teacher that I am, I LOVE this!!! I immediately thought of Eliot with the flannel pants and I love "concupiscent curds." Very clever!! You should send this out!!! You're a good writer, Missy!!!!
Old 04-02-2013, 11:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Hope,

I must admit, you're on a roll
With all this poetry, you can cross off that goal

For those that are wondering what NOLA is, it's New Orleans, LA. My last bit about NOLA for now.

NOLA is a place, without much drama
The food is so good, you'll slap ya mama!
Again with the slapping of Mama?

Cassie, yes I noticed later in the day the site was hard to get on and glitchy. Gotta love FD.

DH and I decided to cut back on the big dinner and opted for veggie pizza at home instead. I know I'm gonna have to get on the straight and narrow soon and when I get out of this fibro flare, actually move... as in maybe a short mellow gym visit. It's too cold to walk. (I'm a wuss, OK? But also the cold weather literally hurts.)

Epi, thanks for the tip about Tunein!! It's so cool you're studying Japanese. Any reason for that particular language?

Carolynn, thanks for the tip. Youtube!!! Yes and for me, it would be third grade level lol. I have a Pimsleur CD on my Ipod and when I get a chance I watch Spanish tv: especially the news, commercials and the occasional telenova. We were in Mexico years ago and I said this language seems easy. (I studied French for years and a tiny bit of Latin, Hebrew and Italian.) Not so easy!!! I can't even imagine how tough Tagalog and Japanese are. Whew!!!

Last edited by canary52; 04-02-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Is anyone else having problems with the site today?

It seems very slow, and I just tried to enter food into my food log. Every time I do, it takes me to a page with just the header across the top, no log. When I click on Forums to get out of there, it logs me out...
I thought it was just me. I've been having similar problems since last night. Logging food and activities are very slow. I'm logged in - having just logged food - but when I go to the forum, I'm not logged in there - and clicking the log-in links from the forum pages do nothing.

What's worked for me twice now is going back to the food page, clicking the log-out link, and then logging in again. That lets me post in the forums anyway - it doesn't help with the speed issue.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Default Log in issue

Did y'all see the announcement at the top of each subsection? Looks like the issue is when using google chrome.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Did y'all see the announcement at the top of each subsection? Looks like the issue is when using google chrome.
I am using Firefox.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:09 PM
FitDay Member

I'm also using Firefox.

epixi - thanks for the heads up on TuneIn!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.