Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational starting April 1st: No fooling!!!  Let's Get April Started Right!! >

7 Day Motivational starting April 1st: No fooling!!! Let's Get April Started Right!!

Notices

7 Day Motivational starting April 1st: No fooling!!! Let's Get April Started Right!!

Old 04-05-2013, 01:16 AM
FitDay Member

Kali, I hope things calm down for you.

Krystal said, "Even healthy food can be unhealthy if not in moderation." Don't I know it! I think one of the things that led to my backslide last year was a propensity toward snacking on almonds. Almonds are supposed to be quite healthy, aren't they? Well, not if one downs six or seven ounces of them per day .

dmartz, cute limerick!

-----------------------------------------
As for me, week is chugging right along. No major complaints.

Goals for the week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions: yes, yes, yes, yes
  • At least 1500ml water per day: yes, yes, yes, yes
  • Maintain 4-week 1500-1600 calorie average: 1603, 1592, 1589, 1559
  • Maintain 4-week 1500mg (or less) sodium average: 1324, 1317, 1355, 1310
  • Study every day: yes, yes, yes, yes
Old 04-05-2013, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

GOALS
1. 4 servings of fruits and veggies 3,3,3sensing a theme here 4 FINALLY
2. 6 glasses of water minimum yes, yes, 7, yes
3. Eat within carb limit (no fooling on this one!) a little over, yes uh no, a little over
4. Exercise 5X for 30 mins (even if it's 15 mins twice) Mon yes Tues no, Wed 15, Thurs 20
5. No donuts, muffins--JUST COFFEE!!! yes, yes, yes, yes6. Lose 2lbs--Putting this out there as a goal so at least have it in my head
7. Log Mon no Tues couldn't log in Wed yes, Thurs yes

Jenn
Old 04-05-2013, 02:17 AM
FitDay Member

1) 6 glasses water minimum - 6,6,6 ?
2) plan or log - planned but went over yes, close enough to plan and I already lost almost 2 pounds of vacay weight, yes, yes
3) stretch - yes, yes, yes, yes
4) walk or exercise in gym or at home - no, no, no, walk
5) write - journal, journal, yes, wrote a bit
6) play nice (don't be so touchy, grouchy and downright mean) - umm I was Ok, yes, yes OK
7) read a poem a day - yup plus I read some here lol!!! yes, yes, yes
8) learn a minimum of 3 Spanish words a day - si, si muchos gracias, Miguel, si no
Old 04-05-2013, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator

Monday 3/11/13 - 197.4
Monday 3/18/13 - 188.8
Monday 3/25/13 - 184.0

I had two cheat days to finish off the week. I finished off two pounds up. so I'm stating this Monday at 186.0, Tues 183.8, Wed 184.2, Thurs 183.2, Fri 182.2

DONE 1) Lose 3 pounds -3.8
2) 100+ ounces of water per day yes, yes, yes, yes
3) post daily yes, yes, yes, yes
4) take all vitamins daily yes, yes, yes, yes
Old 04-05-2013, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

Yay - everybody seems to be making good progress on their goals.

Still loving the poems - you guys are so creative!

For all you walkers, there’s a link to a story on Drudge about the benefits of walking. From the article: “A brisk walk proved to lower the risk of heart disease, high blood pressure and diabetes slightly more than the same amount of energy expended on vigorous activities.”

Krystal & Epi - eating too much of "good" foods was my downfall too (mostly almonds and cheese in my case).

1. Calories under 1200 (I've lowered it this week) 987, 1253, 962 1060
2. An hour extra movement a day Y, Y, N, Y
3. No sugar, white flour Y, Y, Y, Y
4. Small bites and put fork down between bites.-Working on it and I'm remembering to do it more often.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:09 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the well wishes on the vet side!

My neighbours had a big easter party on sat pm. Within 3 hours of being outside both my dogs threw up.

Dog 1) Sasha Shepard X (First Nations Reserve Dog I adopted from the Humane Society) Female - aprox 1.5 years - 45lbs
Dog 2) Kali Mastiff Lab Husky X (adopted in Oct) Female - 7 months - 75lbs

Since then (and some well...poop...) Doggy 2 is fine, but Doggy 1 was moping around easter/monday and barely eating and just seemed...well...sick. So we took her in, and based on everything she's got a ton of abnormal blood work readings, blood in her urine, bile vommiting, severe dehyrdation, we think the kids next door fed them chocolate. Above and beyond that after xrays, ultrasounds, iv fluids, ice baths, and a barium test, we think she might have a partial impaction of the intestine. So I find out today with the 4th round of xrays if there is barium still in her stomach they will open her up......

Sorry for the rant. Im very very protective of my animals, and this is angering and terrifying me at the same time.

Here's the goobers

On the upside....My roomate made paleo stew last night.....So im stocked up on easy premade meals for a few days at least haha.

If anyone is looking for an awesome meal it turned out awesome:

Ingredients
•1 lb stewing beef;
•4 cups beef stock;
•1 cup onion, chopped;
•1 cup celery, chopped;
•3 carrots, peeled and chopped;
•2 potatoes, peeled and cubed (optional);
•1 28oz can diced tomatoes;
•˝ tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped;
•˝ tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped;
•Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;

1.In a large saucepan over a medium-high heat, combine the onions, celery, carrots, potatoes. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
2.Add the beef to the saucepan, followed by the tomatoes, beef stock, rosemary and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3.Cover the saucepan and cook for about one hour, allowing the stew to simmer. Stir a few times during the cooking process.
4.Remove the lid and cook uncovered for about 45 minutes. If the mixture is too thick at the end of the cooking process, you can add a little bit of water or stock.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:22 AM
FitDay Member

Kali - your dogs are adorable. I'm hoping that things go well at the vet today for Sasha and that surgery isn't needed. I suppose Sasha was most affected because of her lower body weight.

And who knew I've been eating paleo stew all these years!
Old 04-05-2013, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator

Kali, Kali looks just like my Chloe' in the face, except for the eye. Kali must be tall because my girl weighs a little less but looks huge. I hope she gets better soon.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone! Hope you don't mind my joining in, also a returning member. Broke my leg and ankle just before Christmas and 3 months immobile gave me plenty of time to get my mind set on winning this weight battle this time. It's that or resort to surgery and that I don't want to do! So I am going to drain all of your enthusiasm on here to help me if you don't mind

Goals:
Drink at least 80 oz water
Keep calories between 1200/1400
Kick up the therapy on the leg so I can get back on the treadmill.
Try to walk at least 15 minutes at work this week
Take all my pills everyday and shot once a week (I sometimes forget)
Figure this posting thing out~~ LOL
Stay positive!!!!
Old 04-05-2013, 07:36 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there, Sissy! Here, take this cupful of enthusiasm, to get you started. It's zero calories and very good for you! Enjoy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.